Chapter 16

My 3 Months of Life

Haru is wiping the kitchen island when suddenly her heart feels hurt and heavy. She get the medicine from her pocket and take out two white round pills and put into .

Haru drops squat on the floor while holding her chest. Every time she breathes, her heart is in great pain and makes her mourn in pain.

After a few minutes, she breathes back to normal. She lean on the wall and silently cry. She cries not because of the pain but she scares to think that anytime her heart will stop beating due to the pain.

“I have to be strong…I still have 3 months…”

Yesterday conversation between Woo Bin and her comes to her mind.

“If let say, you only have a year to live…what do you want to do?” Woo Bin asks.

“What do you mean, by that?” Haru asks him back.

“Bucket list. Everyone must have bucket list of what you want to do in this life. If you are given a year to live, what will be in your bucket lists?”

“I don’t have one. Even if I do, I don’t think I have to share it with you.”

Haru stands up and finish her cleaning before she walks to her room. She lay on the bed for a while. But, she doesn’t know when she fall asleep and when she wakes up, it is already midnight.

Haru is shocked. She gets her handbag and walk outside from her room while mumbling to herself.

“Appa must be worried. Ah, Woo Bin…will him angry with me? Does he knows that I fall asleep?”

“Where do you want to go at this hour? It’s already midnight. I believes you will not get any bus right now.”

Haru stops and startle when he heard Woo Bin. She slowly turns to Woo Bin.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know when I fall asleep.”

“You can sleep here tonight.”

“I have to go home.”

Woo Bin turns and look at Haru.

“I already called your father and told him that you will spent a night here. And, he gives you a permission.”

“What??”

“Why you are so shocked? You haven’t slept at others’ place before?”

“Never. I never slept outside.”

“I told your father that you might have to work late tonight for an event.”

“Event? What do you mean?”

“It’s mean that I lied to your father for you. There is no event. You are not working overtime but you have to stay back late. Why? It is because you fall asleep and wake up late at night and no transport to go back home.” Woo Bin is already standing in front of her while looking at her.

Haru speechless. ‘So, should I say thank you to him because he lied to Appa for me?’ Haru said in her heart.

Woo Bin still staring at her. It seems that he is waiting for something.

“Thank you.” At last, Haru giving up and said thank you to him.

“You are most welcome…goodnight.” Woo Bin said and walk away. He smiles in secret and heading to his room.

Haru still not believes that she will sleep here tonight. She then walks back to her room.

Someone knocked her door. Haru a bit shocked. She opens the door slightly and see Woo Bin is standing in front of her door.

“Here, you can change to these clothes.”

Haru takes the paper bag from Woo Bin hands and look inside. There is a pyjamas and pair of blouse and skirt inside the paper bag.

“Where do you get this?”

“It’s belong to my sister. You can have it. I believes that you don’t want to sleep with that clothes after a whole day wearing it.”

“Thank you.”

“Well, my room just a door next to you…if anything, you can just knocked my door.” Woo Bin said.

“You don’t have to worry about me. Have a good sleep.”

“Okay, you too.”

Haru then closed the door and feels relieved. She doesn’t know why suddenly her heart beating fast when look at Woo Bin.

“What happen to you, Haru?” She said to herself. She then looks at the clothes that given by Woo Bin.

The blouse and skirt are so beautiful. ‘Is it okay for me to wear his sister’s clothes? Wait, he has sister? I don’t think Eric have mention about her to me before. Whatever! He gives the clothes to me. So, if his sister comes and angry at me then I will blame her brother.’ Haru said while smiling. She also doesn’t know why she feels calm despite she has to sleep under the same roof with Woo Bin.