Chapter 14

My 3 Months of Life

Woo Bin walks slowly into the Jeju Memorial Hall with a white carnation in his hand. He stops and looks straight at the name craving at the memorial hall.

Kim Haneul.

“Haneul-ah, oppa is here. You must be waiting for me.” Woo Bin said and places the flower inside the flower pot.

“Mom and dad are busy a bit so I think they will comes later. You can wait a bit longer, right?”

“I met someone that I like. Her name is Lee Haru. Hm, she is not as beautiful as you but I think her visual is quiet charming. I think you will like her if you saw her.”

“I like her first. Now, I know how it felt when your heart is beating for someone. After you leave us, I never feel my heart beating. After you leave me, I lives as what Mom wants. Believe it or not, I went for a hundred blind dates. But…it is the first time I felt something because of a woman.”

“What should I do, Haneul-ah? She…she…also will leave me soon like you do.”

“I think I will go crazy again…”

Woo Bin cannot holds his tears any longer. Every time he visit Haneul, there is never a day he never shed tears. Whenever he remember Haneul, his heart feels heavy.

***

Woo Bin met Haru and her father at the dining hall.

“Why not you join us, Woo Bin-shi.” Mr. Lee said to Woo Bin. Haru just looks at her father.

“Are you okay if I join you?”

“Of course, why not? Where is Eric?”

“He will be down in a minute.”

“Great then, let’s all eat dinner together.” Mr. Lee said with smiles. He looks at Haru and then Woo Bin.

“Okay, I will let him know.”

 

All four of them having their dinner in silent. Sometimes, Mr. Lee is expressed how delicious the food is by showing his thumbs up.

“What is your plan tomorrow, Mr. Lee?” Woo Bin asks.

“Hm, not sure yet. I just follow Haru. But, if you need her then I’m okay to go anywhere alone.”

“No, I bring her for holiday. Eric will be your driver for tomorrow, so just tell him anywhere you want to go.” Woo Bin then said.

“It’s okay Woo Bin-shi. We will take taxi. You brought us here and provided us with everything, I cannot ask for Eric to drive us anywhere too. It makes me sound greedy.” Said Mr. Lee and it makes Woo Bin smiles.

“Don’t worry, Mr. Lee. Young Master doesn’t have meeting tomorrow. It has been postponed to the next day. Then, I am free tomorrow, Mr. Lee.” Eric plays his role as Woo Bin’s assistant.

“If that what you say then I cannot refuse anymore. Why not if Woo Bin-shi join with us tomorrow since you don’t have anything to do.”

“Appa, he needs to rest.” Haru whispers to Mr. Lee but still can be heard by Woo Bin.

“Ah, I’m sorry. I don’t think I should ask that.”

“Don’t be sorry, Mr. Lee.” Woo Bin said before he excuse himself to go back to his room.

 

“Appa, why you called him Woo Bin-shi. He is my boss.”

“Then, what should I call him? Young Master? He is younger than me and he seems don’t bother if I called him Woo Bin-shi.”

“But still…”

“Why you look so nervous when around him? I saw you don’t even look at his face even when you are talking to him. Do you like him?”

“No! Appa, please don’t even say that in front of him. He might misunderstand your meaning. Well, he is my boss, by the way. I should respect him.”

“But, I can feel a weird vibe between you and Woo Bin-shi.”

“Don’t even think about something else, Appa. He is my boss and that’s it.”

“Okay.”