Chapter 17

My 3 Months of Life

Woo Bin arrives at her parents’ villa. As usual, during weekend or if he got summon by his mother, he will always come to this villa.

It seems that there is something disturbs his mind at the moment since in the morning, he cannot focus in anything.

 

***Flashback***

Woo Bin stops his steps when he hears some noise. He walks to the kitchen and saw Haru is holding her chest before she squat on the floor.

Woo Bin startle a bit as he doesn’t know what to do.

“I have to be strong…I still have 3 months…” He heard Haru whispers. Woo Bin then hide himself behind the wall.

He doesn’t want Haru to know that he knows that she is sick. He silently waiting behind the wall. After a while, Haru walks to her room. Woo Bin sigh with relieves. Even though the pain was not last long but he knew that Haru has to endure a great pain.

Woo Bin stands in front of Haru doors. He looks at his wrist watch. It is already 10PM but Haru is still not awake.

‘Is she okay?’ Woo Bin asks to himself. He holds the door knob but then did not open it.

‘She must be tired.’ Woo Bin then walks to his room and does his work.

In the room, Woo Bin take his phone and dial a number.

“Can I speak to Mr. Lee?”

“Yes, speaking. May I know who is calling?”

“Not sure if you still remember me, I’m Woo Bin…Haru’s boss.”

“Oh, how are you doing, Woo Bin-shi?”

“I’m good, Mr. Lee. How about you?”

“I’m great. Well, why are you calling me, Woo Bin-shi? Is it about Lee Haru?”

“Hm, yes…I call to ask for your permission to let Haru sleep here tonight. The thing is, there is an even at mansion tonight so it might be late. Haru must be tired so I asks her to just sleep here tonight. But, if it’s only with your permission, Mr. Lee.”

“Ah, I don’t mind. I believes that you will take care of her even though she is just your employee.”

“Of course, I will…You don’t have to worry, Mr. Lee.”

Woo Bin relieves that Haru’s father is so easygoing. He sigh and starts focusing on the documents that stack on his table.

After he realizes, it is already 12.30AM. Woo Bin then walk out from his room and walk to living hall. At that moment, Haru is walking heading to main door.

“Where do you want to go at this hour? It’s already midnight. I believes you will not get any bus right now.” Woo Bin said to her. He could see that Haru is a bit shocked.

After about 10 minutes arguing with Haru, he manages to convince her to stay tonight. Woo Bin heading to his room and walks to his closet room. He takes out a paper bag.

Woo Bin stands in front of Haru’s room and knock twice.

“Here, you can change to these clothes.” He said when Lee Haru appear behinds the door with a nervous face.

“Where do you get this?”

“It’s belong to my sister. You can have it. I believes that you don’t want to sleep with that clothes after a whole day wearing it.”

“Thank you.”

“Well, my room just a door next to you…if anything, you can just knocked my door.” Woo Bin said. He doesn’t say that for the bad meaning. And, he doesn’t know if Haru interpret it into a good or bad meaning.

“You don’t have to worry about me. Have a good sleep.”

“Okay, you too.”

***End of Flashback***

 

Woo Bin put a step inside the villa when someone greet him.

“I haven’t see you quite sometimes, son.”

“I’m quite busy, mom.”

“I heard you went to Jeju.”

“Hm, I haven’t visit Haneul for long time. I miss her.”

Mother turns to quiet. Woo Bin knew what in his mother’s mind right now.

“She knew that you and Appa are busy, so don’t worry. Since I went there and met her, you can take your time to visit her.” Woo Bin said to his Mother.

“I knew that you are still blaming yourself of what happened to Haneul. It has already been 2 years. You can stop blaming yourself.”

Woo Bin chuckles. “If only I went to café a minute earlier, then she will not leave us, Mom. How can I not blame myself?”

“If it’s not her than it might be you...”

“So, are you saying that you are grateful it was her that died and not me?”

“I didn’t mean that way. Everything that has happened is always meant to happen.”

Woo Bin seems speechless. He knew that her mother is trying to be tough after they all loses Haneul but sometimes he cannot understand his own mother.