Chapter 5

My 3 Months of Life

Today, Haru decides to visit Bank. She needs to check how much many that she had collect and what she needs to do with that money.

“Hi Miss, anything that I can help you with?” The lady at counter which is named Taeyon greets her with a smile.

“Hm, I would like to transfer money to my father’s account.”

“Do you have the bank account number?”

“Yes, here is the account number and the amount that I want to transfer.”

“Okay, please wait a while I’m processing it.”

“Thank you.”

After waiting for 5 minutes then the transaction is done.

“Can I asks you something?”

“Yes, please tell me.”

“If I want to make a loan for just 3 months, is it possible?”

“Yes, but the interest will be a bit higher. Would you like to have the brochure for your reference?”

“Yes, sure. Thanks.”

 

Haru then walks into the estate agency.

“I’m the one who is calling earlier.”

“Lee Haru, right?”

“Yes. I would like to know the remaining balance of the house that I’m staying right now.”

“Okay, here is the document of the house that you staying right now. Currently, you have this balance.”

“Ah, it’s is still a lot. I thought I can pay it off but seems that my money will not be enough.”

“You can keep paying like what you had pay. Roughly, I think it will take another 2 years to pay off the interest and half of the amount.”

“I…don’t think…I have that much time…left…”

“What you mean?”

“Ah, I want to pay it off since I will be staying abroad for a while. So, I don’t want to burden my father to pay for it.”

“Such a good daughter. Your father must be proud of you.”

Haru just gives the lady a smile.

“I will come again later if anything. Thank you.”

“You are welcome.”

 

After that, Haru went to her academy. She greets Mr Jung who is the academy’s guard at the lobby.

“Today, you don’t have class, Lee Haru. So, why are you here?”

“I want to meet with Mrs. Haeyoung, Mr. Jung.”

“Mrs. Haeyoung went out for a while. I think she will be back in 10 minutes. Why you want to meet with her by the way?”

“I want to quit academy, Mr. Jung.”

“Quit? Why?”

“I think I don’t want to study anymore.”

“But why?”

“I want to work. I don’t think I’m able to get a nice job even if I’m study hard. It will just waste money and…time.”

“You never give up study before. But why now? You are almost there, Haru-ah.”

“Yes, I think I’m already at the end of my life. So, I should not waste my time by studying anymore.”

“Are you sure you want to quit? Have you think carefully about it?”

Haru nods and gives Mr. Jung a force smiles. Her heart cried out but no one know. Study is the only things that she are able to do besides work. No matter how tired she is after working the whole day, she never wants to give up study.

But now, everything is useless. Study. Work. Future. Everything that she had struggling for the past 26 years is now become useless.

“Yah, Haru-ah…you have nosebleed.”

Haru fastly get a tissue from her bag and wipe her nose.

“Are you okay?’

“Of course, Mr. Jung. Don’t worry. It’s because I’m a bit tired nowadays.”

“You have been running here and there without rest, that’s why you have nosebleed. Since you decides to quit studying then please get some rest. Don’t work too hard.”

“Okay, Mr jung. Don’t worry. There is Mrs. Haeyoung. I will go and meet her right now. See you later, Mr. Jung.”