Chapter 20

My 3 Months of Life

"Why you like me?" 

Woo Bin turns to look at Haru. 

"I am just wondering why a man like you like someone like me?"

"Before I answer to your question, i want to know what you mean by 'someone like you'?"

"I mean...compare to you...i am just an ordinary woman. I am just curious. You went for hundreds blind date but yet you choose me over them?"

Haru looks straight to Woo Bin's eyes. She really curious.

'Does he knows the fact that she only has 3 months to live?'

'Does he sympathize me?'

"You have something that I have been looking for which i cannot find in all those women."

"What is it?"

"Warm."

"What?"

"When we first met at the bridge, you remind me of my sister. I thought you are Haneul.  I might have missed her so much that day. The way you talk , the way you look at me...as you look at me right now..." Woo Bin look straight to Haru's eyes.

Haru turn down her eyes. Her hearrt beating fast with that look from Woo Bin.

"...then, i am not sure why I keep following you...I am too curious about you."

Woo Bin slurps his remaining coffee. Haru stops asking question. There is a slight silence in the room.

"About Haneul...I am sorry..."

Haru break the silence.

Woo Bin is a bit startled with the sudden apologizes.

"You don't have to." Woo Bin said with smile. He then stand from his chair and walk to the sink with his cup.

"I don't know that the day when we went to Jeju, it was your sister's death anniversary. If you told me..."

"..If i told you, will you accompany me to meet her?"

"If you want to."

Woo Bin smiles. Haru confused with that smile.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Haneul must be happy to see her sister in law."

"What..?"

"That day, i told her about you. She must be curious to see you. It's okay, we can go there anytime. I asked her to wait a little bit until you are ready to meet her."

"I...I..."

"Is there anything you want to tell me?"

Haru stand silent. She don't even look at Woo Bin.

'Should i tell him the truth?'

"If you feel burden with my sudden confession the other day, don't be. As i mention, i will take care of my own feeling. You can take your time to think..." Woo Bin slightly touch her shoulders. It brings Haru back to reality.

"I don't have time..." Haru looks up and meet with Woo Bin's eyes.

"...I only has 3 months to live."

Finally....