Chapter 8

Trauma [PAUSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't hate Hwarin in this chapter. That's all I can say. Enjoy! :)

 

 

 

 

"Now you better have a good reason to drag me out at this hour" Mina whined as she took sip of her coffee. She was already asleep when Hyejeong suddenly calling her and asking her to go out. Hyejeong was lucky because Mina was in good mood so she agreed.


Hyejeong sighed. She had been silent since they were getting in the café which earning a confuse look from her bestfriend. She made an invincible circle on the cup while spacing out until Mina had to pinch her cheek to wake her up. 


"Aww" Hyejeong groaned. "Yah what are you doing?" She rubbed her cheek. 


"What are you thinking? You asked me out and now say nothing?" Mina crossed her arms. She realized the sudden changed in Hyejeong's expression and slowly put down her hands. She leaned forward. 


"What's wrong?" Mina asked softly. 


Hyejeong exhaled. "Hwarin, she..."


"What?" Mina became impatient. She took sip of her drink while waiting for Hyejeong to tell her. 


"I think she has someone behind my back" 


Mina spat her drink, almost choked to death. She looked at Hyejeong with wide eyes, indeed she was shocked for the revelation. "Nae?! She has someone else? How do you know?"


Hyejeong exhaled heavily. "I know. wife's gut maybe. I don't want to believe but this lately she always came home late, smile alone over her phone and..." She couldn't finish her words as it stuck on . She wanted to cry, remembering how Hwarin had seemed lost interested on her this past few days. 


Mina shook her head. She also couldn't believe and not wanted to believe but if what Hyejeong said was true that Hwarin had an affair, she better had explaination from the young CEO. "Are you sure?"


"I don't know, Mina. I can't think straight right now, I'm stressed. I need more than attention from her but what I got was her ignoring me" Hyejeong buried her face against her palms and Mina could only sigh. 


Mina watched as Hyejeong's eyes were already red and she began to sob quietly. She knew Hyejeong was trying to not cry but she couldn't hold it. Taking a chair and sat beside Hyejeong and the crying girl's back soothingly. 


"It's okay, Hyejeong. You can cry" She pulled Hyejeong for side hug and rubbed Hyejeong's arms. "I promise I'll find out about it okay? You don't have to worry much. If she really have an affair I'll surely make her pay for this" 


"But don't tell anything to her about what I told you. I afraid she will go insane. I don't want to lose her. I love her so much" 


"Nae, I won't do that. And you need to be strong and hang in there until I get to know the truth. Okay?" Mina could feel a nod from the girl.


Hyejeong really wanted to tell Mina about her pregnancy. She needed atleast someone to talk about it but didn't know why it was hard for her to open to say the words. So she would just pass it this time and would tell Mina some other time. 

 

After had some fresh talk with Mina, Hyejeong headed home. She pressed on the code and came in. She saw Hwarin's shoes were there so she knew her wife already home. Hyejeong walked straight to the kitchen without bothered to turn on the light. She took out water from fridge, poured it on glass then drank it in one gulp. Just then when she was daydreaming, a voice startled her. 


"Where were you?" Hyejeong turned her head and saw a figure was leaning on the kitchen wall. It was dark but she didn't have to turn on the light to know who was it. 


Hyejeong sighed. "Out" 


"With who?" 


"Why you want to know?" She regreted asking it.


"Because I'm your ing wife" Hwarin walked in the kitchen and approached Hyejeong. She grabbed Hyejeong's arm harshly to make the girl faced her. Hyejeong groaned in pain and pulled her arm. 


"Whats wrong with you?" Hyejeong growled. 


"I was asking you and you asked me back? Is that how you should answer me?" Hyejeong was slightly flinched by the cold voice. Hwarin was angry. 


Hyejeong still touched her hurt arm. "I was going out with Mina" 


"Why didn't you tell me you were going out?" 


Hyejeong lost her patience. She hit the glass on the table until it made a loud thud. Hwarin bewildered by the action. "I called you many times but you didn't answer. I even texted you and you haven't replied. So who fault is that?" 


Hwarin's mouth agape. She was shocked by the way Hyejeong answered her. Her hands were on her waist and by then Hyejeong was regreting on what she just said. She knew she just made Hwarin mad and she could sense they were going to argue. Hwarin didn't say a word instead just stared at Hyejeong with her fierce eyes. Hyejeong felt sick of the silent because Hwarin didn't seem to admit that it was her fault. So she intended to walk to her room and stopped when Hwarin spoke. 


"And you sent Jeong to dad and mom?" Little did they knew, Jeong actually eavedropped what the parents were bickering about. Hwarin took him from her parents house before coming back home. 


"Yes. I couldn't bring him. He might be sleeping by now and I couldn't leave him alone in this house" Hyejeong answered without facing Hwarin. 


"Then you shouldn't get out! I have told you before not to leave Jeong to anyone else even if it's dad and mom or appa and umma. You burden them!" 


Hyejeong finally faced her wife. "Then what?! You want to lock me in this house forever while you can have fun out there?! I'm stress you know that! You don't let me out from this house! I feel like in prison rather than in my own house!" 


"Why are you raising your voice?" 


"You did it first!" Hyejeong was breathing heavily. "You know what, I'm tired. I go to sleep now" She was upset and hurt. Hwarin had changed. 


"Don't you think to run from this!" Hwarin actually shouted, made Hyejeong stopped again. Her eyes were already red and tears formed. She turned and faced Hwarin. 


"I'm not running. I'm tired you ignoring me this lately" Hyejeong said softly as tears streamed down her smooth cheeks. 


"So that's it, you are tired being with me? Are you regreting now marrying me? Because I'm not like other people who let their wife free and go out all their want. It that what you want?!! Freedom?" Hwarin yelled, her face was red. 


"How could you..." More tears fell. Hyejeong was hurting on how Hwarin accused her like that. "I never tired with you and I never regret on marrying you because marrying you is the best decision I ever made in my life" Her heart broke into million pieces when she heard Hwarin scoffed. 


"I will always love you, no matter what.."  Hyejeong ran to her room, slamming the door and leaning on it. She let her body slided down the door until her touched the floor and buried her face against her knees. She was crying. She bit her lip restraining herself from sobbing too loud. 


Her heart ached because of Hwarin's words. It was their first argument that Hwarin asked about regreting married with her. Hyejeong was telling the truth, she never regreted it. She was contemplating while rubbing her tummy and her eyes were staring at nothing particular. She was lost for words. It was impossible for her to leave when she was carrying Hwarin's child. How she wished she was strong enough to tell Hwarin about her pregnancy but something had stopped her from the start; Hwarin's illness. At least if later Hwarin decided to leave her she didn't take this child away from Hyejeong and had this child as a memory of them to remember. 

 

 


__________


Seolhyun was in Busan for her business trip. It already been 4 days she was there and 2 more days until she came back to Seoul. Unexpectedly, the schedule in Busan was early than it supposed to be, so she had to delay her meeting with Hwarin regarding their joint project. 


All the time she was in Busan she couldn't stop thinking about problems that left in Seoul. She was asking herself how Hwarin and Hyejeong were doing? Were they still together? Were they good to each other? Did Hyejeong already know about Hwarin's illness? And how Jeong was doing? She missed him so much though they just having a videochat through skype lastnight but it wasn't enough. She was still missing Jeong and of course Hwarin. Normally it would be just 2 to 3 days trip but this time was longer than expected. But what could she do, as a representative of KS Company she had to join the trip. 


Seolhyun was getting back to her hotel room. As soon as the door opened she immediately jumped to the bed and staying in lying position for a while. She was exhausted, she needed rest for all day trip with representative from Busan. She closed her eyes but when she was about to go to dreamland, her phone buzzed. She groaned while reaching her hand for the phone. Seolhyun answered without looking at the caller ID. 


"Hello" 


"Umma~" The voice sounded sad. 


Seolhyun looked at the caller ID and it appeared to be Hwarin home's number. "Oh Jeong-ah, why are you calling umma? Aren't you sleep yet?" Seolhyun asked, still with closing eyes. 


Suddenly, Jeong was crying on the other line. Seolhyun abruptly stood up straight and her eyes were opened wide. She was panicked when hearing Jeong cried. "Baby? Hey why are you crying? Are you okay?" 


"Umma~ mom-my... mommy Hyejeong..." He was sobbing. 


"Yes? What about them?" 


"They are fighting. *sob* Mommy was yelling at..mommy Hyejeong... *sob* Jeong is scared" 


Seolhyun was silent. She shut her eyes for moment before opening back and bit her lower lip. Heavy sigh escaped out from . She already predicted this thing was going to happen sooner or later, about Hwarin eventually going to loss her temper over Hyejeong. And suddenly someone's name popped in her head; Jessica.


"Okay baby, listen to umma. You go to your room and lock it. Don't come out until umma can reach mommy later okay? Stay inside the room. Do you understand?" 


"Nae" Jeong answered then the line cut. 


Seolhyun looked through her contact and searched for that certain CEO's number. When she found it she clicked on it then clicked on the call button. It only took her 3 beeps for the person to answer. 


"Where are you?" 


Hwarin: "Wae?" 


"Don't ask me back. Where are you?" Seolhyun was mad. She could hear Hwarin was groaning as if she was drunk. "Are you drinking? Yah Kang Hwarin!" 


Hwarin: "Seolhyun-ah..."


Seolhyun froze. She waited for Hwarin to continue what she wanted to say. 


Hwarin: "I'm sorry. I screw up"


"What do you mean?" Seolhyun frowned.


Hwarin: "I love her, I really love her. I don't want to lose her.." 


Seolhyun knew what that was meant. "Then don't. Don't ever leave her or do something stupid that you may regret later. You are not going to lose her if you listen to me. Go home now, talk to her and-" Seolhyun couldn't finish her words as she heard something on the other line.


"Jessica, I still-"


"Shhh" 


Seolhyun frowned and gapped. So Hwarin was with Jessica right now, and she was drunk?


"Hello? Hello Hwarin? Are you there?" Just then, the line cut. 


"Sh*t! I need to go back to Seoul now" 

 


Meanwhile at Seoul, 


Seolhyun: "... Go home now, talk to her and-" 


The phone lost from Hwarin's grip. She turned her head only to be greeted by Jessica who gave her such a beautiful smile. 


"Jessica, I still-" 


"Shhh" Jessica put her finger on Hwarin's lips. She pressed on the end button then put the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter