Chapter 2

Trauma [PAUSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is Seolhyun coming today?” Hyejeong asked as she helped her wife with her blouse buttons.

“Mm, she texted me last night that she can’t make it today because she have dinner with a friend”

“Friend? She found someone?”

Hwarin chuckled “I hope so, but she didn’t tell me who the friend is”

Hyejeong sighed “It is a good thing we haven’t told Jeong yet, or else he would sulking if he know Seolhyun can’t come”

Hwarin faced the mirror “Yeah, we all know how much she miss his umma but she promised she will come next week and we hope this time she keeps her promise”

Hyejeong smiled and caressed her wife shoulder “Remember next weekend we need to visit daddy and mommy? Clear your schedules on those days and no more excuses okay? I already told mommy we will come”

Hwarin found it cute when seeing Hyejeong pouted. She turned her body and pinched her wife cheeks “Arraseo~ we will go”

“Yah~~ Promise?”

Hwarin nodded. She was sticking out asking for Hyejeong to give her a kiss before she went to work. Hyejeong chuckled and gave just a peck. “There”

“Thank you”

They were having breakfast together. Hyejeong fed Jeong who was busy talking about what he studied at school yesterday. Hwarin just nodded and smiled at her son.

“Really? Then, what about today? What are you going to study?”

Jeong tilted his head before excitedly spoke “Teacher said, we will study about animals today and we will draw animal that we like”

“Oh! What animal do you like then?”

“Mm” He put his finger on his chin “Tiger”

“Waaah tiger? Why do you like tiger?” Hwarin talked like a kid.

“Because tiger is strong. He has long teeth, he can eat elephant” He paused when his mommy laughed. “Mommy?”

“Mommy likes baby tiger” She said as she munched on her toast.

Jeong was confused “Wae?”

“Because even though baby tiger is still a baby and small, but the baby is also strong and tough”

Jeong nodded “Oh. Jeong likes baby tiger too! Mommy Hyejeong?”

Hyejeong was busy observing their interaction until Jeong called her “Mommy Hyejeong likes dog”

“I like dogs too! They are cute! I want a dog!” Jeong said excitedly.

“Go ask mommy Hwarin” Hyejeong whispered.

Jeong then looked at Hwarin with her puppy eyes. She was of course too clueless about the situation. “Wae?”

“Mommy Hyejeong told Jeong to ask mommy Hwarin for a dog”

“Dog? Are you sure you want one?”

Jeong nodded.

“Then ask umma”

Jeong cutely pouted “But what if umma don’t want to buy Jeong a dog?”

“She will, let mommy talk to her”

“Yey! I love you mommy!” Hyejeong raised her brow “And mommy Hyejeong”

The couple chuckled and Hyejeong ruffled his hair.

“Quick finish the food, so we won’t be late to school”

“Arra” Jeong stated.

After having breakfast, Hwarin went to office and Hyejeong as usual sent Jeong to school.

 

 

 

Hwarin was on the phone when her assistant came in to her office after few knocks. She motioned him to wait as she was talking on the phone. Yes her assistant was a man. It wasn’t her who made the interview but her ex-wife did, Seolhyun. Guess why Seolhyun hired a guy because she couldn’t stand anymore girls surrounded the CEO. After she put down the phone she faced him and raised her brows.

“You have a guest”

“Guest? Who?”

“The CEO of Blanc & Eclare”

Hwarin made a ‘O’ shape mouth as she nodded understandingly but “Wait, is it today?”

The assistant nodded while smiling. 

She glanced at her wristwatch before saying “Okay, ask her to come in”

He bowed and walked out to call the guest. The door opened again but this time pretty woman came in with tuck-in blue blouse, black pants and blue high-heels which made her looked tall. She smiled and remained still near the door as she saw the CEO of KHH Corp. infront of her. She was gorgeous and handsome which made Jessica’s heart to skip a beat and she had small tears on her eyes.   

“Please, come in” Hwarin said while moving to the sofa.

“Miss”

They were now facing each other and just few steps away. Hwarin stretched her hand to do handshake but the other woman just stared at her beautiful face. It took Jessica about a minute to finally reached Hwarin hand.

“I’m Kang Shin Hwarin” She said with killer smile on her face.

“Shin?”

Hwarin nodded innocently.

“But my secretary said-“

“My name is Kang Hwarin? Yeah I’m still use that name but now I’m married”

‘Oh she is married’

“J-Jessica Jung” They were now shaking hand and Jessica hardly to let it go.

“Well, nice to meet you Ms. Jung, beautiful name, just likes the owner”

First compliment from her. Jessica blushed and immediately looked other direction to hide it.

“Have a seat Ms. Jung”

“Just call me Jessica” Jessica said as she took a seat.

“Oh yeah sure, Jessica”

‘She doesn’t remember me?’

Hwarin asked her assistant for some paper.

“It is pleasure finally get to work with you Ms. Jung, oh I mean, Jessica. I have wanted to work together with you since 2 years ago and today is the time” She said excitedly.

“Yes, it is also honor for me to work with one of the success young and pretty CEO like you” Jessica blushed with her own remark.

Hwarin chuckled.

“No, it supposed to be me who said that. Well, I’m just an ordinary person. There are still a lot of things need to be done by our company to be successful as yours”

“Your company is already perfect”

“Well, thank you for saying that. So shall we start?”

“Sure” Jessica smiled shyly.

Hwarin opened a file and gave it to Jessica for her to take a look.

“I see you are going to hold a fashion show next month”

“Yeah, we do. Actually we are planning this 5 months ago and the venue for the show had already fixed and it was so perfect. But due to technical problems, the place suddenly had to be closed and there had been cancellation on the venue. So my team had to search for another place. And fortunately they found your hotel. I’m sure your hotel is the perfect choice that my team has chosen”

Hwarin chuckled “Thank you. To be honest, there was a problem also with your booking term. Because there was other company too that wanted to book my hotel’s hall before your company did. But don’t know why suddenly they cancelled it. So your company can has the hall”

Jessica sighed in relieve “That’s lucky for us” and they both laughed.

“Can I see the plan?”

“Oh sure”

Hwarin took an A3 paper from her assistant and passed it to Jessica.

“Wow, it looks..huge?”

“Yeah. It could hold 1000 people”

“Wow” Jessica chuckled “But my invitation won’t get until 1000”

Hwarin smiled “It’s okay. Maybe your fans would come to support you since you’re a famous businesswoman as well as fashion designer in the company itself”

“Yeah we will see” Jessica still observing the plan. “When can I see the place?” She lifted her head to look at Hwarin.

“Mm, today is also can. Right Mr. Park?”

Her assistant looked through his iPad to check on her schedule then he nodded.

“Yes, we can go there now if you are free” Hwarin said.

“Oh I am free now. Because this afternoon is only for you” Jessica covered with her hand once she realized what she was saying. Hwarin laughed shyly.

“Okay, we should move now then” Hwarin said as she stood up from her seat.

“O-Oh okay”

 


 

Later at night, the family was settled down on the couch and watching a cartoon on tv, with Hwarin sat her back on the couch, Jeong on her lap and Hyejeong beside her. There was a long silence in the living room as they were too engrossed on the cartoon. Hwarin came home early after accompanied Jessica looked around her hotel and Seolhyun had threaten her asking to go home early because she finally decided to visit them tonight.

Hyejeong’s head rested on her wife’s shoulder with their hands intertwined with another. Hyejeong caressed the back of Hwarin’s hand with another hand while eyes glued on the tv. Hwarin turned her head to face Hyejeong and Hyejeong did the same. They stared at each other for quite long and Hwarin decided to lean closer. Just an inch apart more until their lips touched, suddenly Jeong spoke

“Mommy, will umma when come?”

Both of the girls chuckled hearing their son’s words. Yeah, sometimes he messed with his words. For Hwarin it was understandable because Jeong was just 4 and still learning. But they found it really adorable.

“Mommy not sure, but umma will come soon. Don’t worry okay?” Hwarin said hugging her son more tightly.

*Ding Dong*

Both Hwarin and Jeong looked at each other and grinned. “Umma is here”

Jeong immediately jumped from his mommy embrace and ran to the door. Hwarin was still in the living room tidying some mess they made meanwhile Hyejeong had already gone to the kitchen.

Hwarin laughed as she heard a dolphin scream coming from the door. She headed to the door and saw Seolhyun lifted Jeong and hugged him tight in which making him groaned.

“Umma miss youuu~”

“Only miss him huh?” Hwarin teased as she leaned her body on the wall with arms crossed. She wiggled her brows and had smirk on her face.

Seolhyun rolled her eyes and walked pass her with Jeong, ignoring Hwarin who had shock face. Soon she followed the two from behind.

Hwarin headed to the kitchen to look for her wife and leaned her body on the counter while pouting. Hyejeong noticed her and chuckled. “What’s with the face?”

“They ignored me”

Hyejeong sighed “Let them be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter