Happy: Part 2

Trauma [PAUSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He’s cute” Hyejeong was watching Jeong who went home, walking hand in hand with Seolhyun beside him. “His eyes look like you”

Hwarin chuckled “Really? That’s weird”

“Weird? Why?”

The brunette took a deep breath and diverted her gaze to the girl beside her “He is not my biological son”

Hyejeong mouth agape as she kept her eyes on Hwarin. She didn’t know how she should react to that, either sad or happy because Jeong wasn’t son of Hwarin and she could stand a chance.

“H-How come?”

“I guess you’re shock” Hwarin smiled and then let out heavy sigh before saying “Actually we met Jeong 2 months after our marriage. His mom died right after giving birth to him and his dad nowhere to be found. He hadn’t have chance to see his mom. He is so cute and innocent. So we decided to take him as our son. Actually his real name is Han Jeong since his mom’s last name is Han but Seolhyun call him with my family name, Kang Jeong. She always told me to play dad, *laugh* she was weird”

Hyejeong smiled, she didn’t know why but she felt a bit relieved after knowing the truth behind Jeong identity.

She suddenly remembered something. She opened her purse and took a small red box. Hyejeong looked at Hwarin and gave her the box.

“This… I found it, inside my coat pocket. I think…. you misplaced it”

Hwarin stared at the box for a while before took it. She opened the box with a smile when she saw a ring inside the box. She then kept it inside her purse without saying any words. Neither Hyejeong wanted to ask why it was inside her coat pocket instead and for who the ring was.  

“Then…”

“Hm” Hwarin hummed asking Hyejeong to continue.

“Y-Your promise?” She raised her brows expecting Hwarin to answer her with the answer that she wanted to hear since years ago.

Hwarin kept her eyes into distance “Yes, I still keep my promise”

Hyejeong closed her eyes as she slowly let out breath that she held. She secretly smiled and then suddenly turned to serious as she remembered Seolhyun.

“But Seolhyun?”

“Why?”

“She is still your wife”

“So?”

She frowned in confused “Y-Yeah, since she is your wife, y-you will stay with her right” Hyejeong lowered her head.

“Who says?”

Hyejeong brows furrowed more, like almost touching each other.

“Do you think I made the promise without any guarantee?” Hwarin looked at Hyejeong with amusement.

“W-What-“

*ring* *ring*

“Yebeoseyo?”

“Mommy! When are you going to go home?”

“Yah Jeong-ah, we just arrived at the parking lot and not even come in to the house, you call Mommy already?”

“I want Mommy~~~”

The voices from the other line could be heard and Jeong began to cry.

“Hey hey Jeong-ah, don’t cry. Arasseo Mommy will go home now okay?”

“Baby don’t mind him, I will handle this. You can continue talk to her. Bye, I love you!”

“Okay, love you too”

Hyejeong felt a bit heartbroken with the words but she understood the fact that Seolhyun was Hwarin wife.

“Sorry, Jeong make an attitude”

“It’s okay”

“So where were we?” Hwarin asked as she put her phone back to her pocket.

Hyejeong wanted to continue the conversation but Jeong needed his Mommy now. She assured herself that they were still had a lot of times and also reminded herself to wait. She didn’t want to look too desperated infront of Hwarin.

She shook her head “We can continue on the other day, looks like Jeong need you more” and looked away to hide her disappointed look.

But the brunette was just staring at her and her gaze seemed lovely. Hyejeong finally caught the stare and suddenly she felt her heart beating hard like the old time. She could feel the same gaze and look on Hwarin eyes, the same feeling that she felt when they were still together 5 years ago.

She moved down to look at Hwarin lips, pink and looked kissable. How she wished she could pull the girl face and brought her closer to kiss those lips that she missed so much, but unfortunately she couldn’t. Hwarin was still in the status of Seolhyun’s wife after all. She had controlled herself and knew she would get that chance soon.

“You are not Hyejeong that I had known 5 years ago” Hwarin had frowned on her face which made Hyejeong in panic.

“You are more sweet now” and she put her charming smile, smile that hypnotized Hyejeong everytime she did it.

Hyejeong lowered her head to hide her probably red face.

Hwarin chuckled “So, should we move now?”

Hyejeong nodded and with that they got back home and didn’t forget to talk about their ‘second date’ soon.

 

 

 

 

 

Next day, Hwarin was in the supermarket to buy Jeong some jelly and drinks. She had explored the supermarket with a bucket on her hand. She finally arrived at the jelly section where there was a lot of jelly and she didn’t know which one her son had always eaten.

“Worm jelly or gummy bear?” She talked to herself.

She took the worm jelly and put it inside the bucket, but she was unsure so she put back the worm jelly and took the gummy bear instead. As she was about to put it inside the bucket, she hesitated once again.

She heavily sighed for about nth time while still stuck at the section, thinking hard. Seolhyun could scold her once she got home because bought the wrong one and Jeong would disappointed on her as his Mommy didn’t know what his favorite jelly.

As she was staring at the jelly with her intense gaze that looked like she wanted to fight with the jelly, a figure approached her from behind. The figure was hesitated at first to greet but after saw frown on Hwarin face, decided to come closer.

“Miss Kang?”

Upon hearing her name being called, she turned her body and saw a pretty girl standing right infront of her. She put back the jelly to the place and her bucket to the floor.

“Yerin-ah” A smile plastered on Hwarin smile.

Yerin touched her chest. She was in confused and asked herself why her heart still pounding everytime she saw her ex-boss. Yes, Hwarin was no longer Yerin boss as her father already taken back the company after she married with Seolhyun and now she had ruined a new business. Her father had offered to invest in her business but she refused as she said she wanted to do the business by herself without help from people. She would come for help once she really needed it.

“What are you doing here?” Lame question coming from Yerin mouth due to nervous.

Hwarin giggled “Of course I come here for shopping”

Yerin scratched her not-so-itchy head as she felt embarrassed. “So what are you buying? Seem you have problem there”

“Yeah, I have a little problem here”

“And what is it?”

“As you see I am in jelly section now, I want to buy jellies for my son but I didn’t know which one he likes. Bad Mommy I am” she sadly chuckled

‘So she has a son’

“Gummy bear”

“Nae?”

“Gummy bear. He will definitely like it” Yerin grabbed 3 packs of gummy bear and put it inside Hwarin bucket.

“Are you sure?” Hwarin asked, she felt cautious. She didn’t want to hear Seolhyun nagging for hours because of this.

“Yes, I am sure. My nephew likes this so much. Kids love it so much”

Hwarin slowly nodded her head and smiled “Thanks Yerin”

Yerin smiled back.

“Oh are you free now? Can we have a cup of tea and have a little chit chat?” The brunette raised her brow and made a cute face which made Yerin chuckled and she ofcourse couldn’t stand the cuteness so she accepted the offer.

Soon they were in the café. They had talked a lot catching up things that they had missed.

Yerin had told her ex-boss about how staff in the office missing her presence and flashback how they were when Hwarin came to the office, all of them looked at their attire to make sure they were all clean and neat.

She also told that there was some staff that had crush on Hwarin. Well including her but she didn’t tell Hwarin about that as she wanted to bury all the feeling she had for her. How the staff had taken her picture everytime she came to the office with that pretty look of her. Hwarin was in shock at first but then chuckled as she found it funny on how her ex-staff who she usually gave a cold attitude missing her. She was strict in the office because she wanted to be professional as possible.

“How’s your boyfriend?” The sudden question from the brunette made Yerin lifted her head and looked at the girl.

“H-How do you know?”

“Well, you’re working with my father so he told me about you”

‘Her father told her? About me?! OMG’

“Ah I see. He is good, caring and have kind heart. He is far from my ex”

“I hope he is really different and can take care of you. I’m concern about you, concern if they hurt you again”

Yerin smiled upon hearing the statement, she contemplated for a moment. She somehow felt happy with Hwarin words though it was just a friendly concern.

Hwarin glanced at her wristwatch and realized it took too long she had chit chat with Yerin. As much as she wanted to know about Yerin’s boyfriend and how they met up, but Seolhyun and Jeong would probably wait for her at home. She could already imagine how Seolhyun

stood in the middle of the living room with folded arms and stomped her feet with her scary look.

“I’m sorry Yerin, I have to go now. Seolhyun and Jeong are waiting for me at home” She stood up from her seat followed by Yerin.

“Okay. Nice to meet you Miss Kang” Yerin brought her hand to handshake with Hwarin and Hwarin took it.

“Nice to meet you too, Yerin. So see you when I see you, Bye!” She grabbed her purse and the plastic bags.

When she was about to leave the café, she turned her body and slightly shouted to Yerin “Don’t forget to invite me when you’re married”

 

 

 

 

 

A girl was pacing back and forth in her room with phone on her hand. She held tight on the phone like that was the most precious thing for her. She let out a sigh and whined continuously. There was no sound came from her phone indicated that she had call or messages.

“Could it possible she forgot?” She mumbled.

She headed to table near her, pulled the chair and sat with sigh couldn’t leave . She put her forehead on the table as she kept whining and mumbling something that barely heard.

“Hyejeong, I wan- Yah, what are you doing?” Mina came to Hyejeong room and her words cut when she saw Hyejeong hit her forehead on the table and had messy hair.  

Hyejeong lifted her head and put a cute pout “She haven’t call or text me a message yet”

Mina laughed “Only that?”

Question from Mina made Hyejeong pouting more and she glared at her bestfriend because made fun of her.

Mina sighed as she noticed the glare from Hyejeong. She pulled Hyejeong hand to stand up and brought her out of the room and Hyejeong still put her best to sulk from Mina.

“Yah stop pouting. You’re not cute” Mina playfully rolled her eyes. “I want to go out to buy something and might take too long as I want to drop by at my cousin house. Erm, could you please clean the house for me please? And also the dishes, wash it okay? Bye!”

Hyejeong’s jaw dropped and she paused on her track. Mina knew how much her bestfriend hated to do the chores but Hyejeong had to obey as she also stayed at the house. Plus, she didn’t want Mina to kick her out from the house although she knew her bestfriend wouldn’t do something like that.

She began to clean up eventhough she felt annoyed and she couldn’t stop whining about how much she hated doing it.

Suddenly she heard the door’s bell rang.

“What? This kid, is she forget the passcode?”

The bell rang again.

“Gosh, really Mina?” Hyejeong headed to the door and opened it while mumbling “WHY DO YO-“ Her words were cut off when she saw a big rose flower infront of the door which covered almost all the face of the person who held it.

Hyejeong couldn’t see who could it be behind the flower. She kept tilted her head to see the face but failed as the space between her and the person was limited. She sighed as she felt annoyed. She thought it was Mina who just wanted to prank her and expected she would believe it was going to be someone that she had waiting for to call her.

“Mina-yah, if you want to do a prank just stops it. It won’t trick me anymore”

She was about to go in back to the house when she felt a hand grabbed her wrist. She jolted as she felt the person hand was soft and the sensation from the touch she felt was different.

‘Mina’s hand couldn’t be this soft right? And the feeling…’

Hyejeong turned to face the person. Slowly the person pulled down the flower and it slowly revealing the culprit face. (Imagine it happens in slow motion ><) Hyejeong eyes turned wide like a golf ball, jaw dropped and no words came out from . She could feel her heart stopped beating for a while as she couldn’t take her eyes off of the person and no single words could describe how she really felt now. She had tried to say something but nothing came out.

Hyejeong was hypnotized by the beauty of the person. Inside her she was already jumped up and down with excitement, the person she was waiting for was right infront of her and really came to the house. Her shock face had told everything, she’d say it was worth to wait when something unexpected came.

“Are you going to just let me standing here or you wanted to invite me in?”

“Y-Yea-“

Hyejeong wouldn’t able to continue her words as she realized she was in mess. Her eyes wide opened. She wore a loose white t-shirt with denim pant and had messy hair. She closed the door and leaned on it before saying “I’m sorry Hwarin, just give me minutes to get change!”

“O-Okay”

She facepalmed as she felt embarrassed because of her careless. She didn’t do it on purpose though. To save time she went to her room to get change to blouse and jean. Once she was done she headed back to the door, hoping Hwarin wouldn’t leave yet.

Hyejeong opened the door slightly and took a peek. She saw Hwarin was still outside with flower on her hand. Hyejeong closed back the door and rubbed her chest to calm her down. She felt nervous and her heart wasn’t helping at all.

“Could it be Mina know Hwarin was going to come? Is this the reason she suddenly going out?” She whispered. “I will kill that kid later when she get home! How could she don’t tell me about this?” She shouted silently as she tried to lower her voice so that the person on the other side of the door couldn’t hear.

She was breathing in and out and made some dramatic hand gesture to stay calm. It was like she had made kung fu moves. Hyejeong caressed her hair for the last time before opened the door.

“Sorry for making you wait so long” She apologized and bowed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter