Chapter 7

Trauma [PAUSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What was that?" 


Hwarin was stiffened. She couldn't escape nor gave an excuse again after Hyejeong caught her drank her medicine. 


"That... honey I can explain" 


Hyejeong crossed her arms on her chest. Hwarin could feel the atmosphere inside the study room was tense and even with air-conditioner on, she was still sweating due to nervousness. Being caught by Hyejeong was the last thing she wanted to happen. 


"Then explain" hint of irritation could be heard on Hyejeong's voice. 


"Explain what was you doing in the office until you forgot Jeong's talent show" 


"That... wait what?!" Hwarin didn't believe her ears, did she just hear it right? 


"Yeah, about Jeong's talent show" 


She secretly sighed in relief, there for seconds she thought they would have big argument because she didn't tell the secret that she kept for 5 years. However, she was still clueless about Hyejeong already awared about her so called 'secret' she mentioned about.


"I was really busy. You know I had my leaves for a week so expect there will be a lot of work to do, a lot of meetings to catch on, a lot of paperworks need to review and proposals that need to be considered. But I really have no intention to forget about his talent show, I seriously forgot and if Seolhyun didn't tell me I would act like I wasn't guilty to him" 


"Are you telling the truth?" Hyejeong narrowed her eyes as if she didn't believe whatever that came out from that mouth of her wife.


"Y-Yes, of course" She was stuttering, afraid that Hyejeong wasn't satisfied with her answer.


It took a while before Hyejeong could say "Okay. So I guess I'll wait you in our room then" 


Hyejeong winked seductively then walked out from the study room. Hwarin finally let her breath out that she didn't even realize she held it. 


"That was close" 

 

 

__________


The day for Blanc & Eclaire fashion show was coming. It was another big day for the company. 


Jessica had been busy since the morning, doing and checking the preparation again and again, to make sure everything was perfect and setting up according to what she had planned. She was type of girl who had passion on something that she liked, that was why if she did something she wanted to make it perfect and never stopped until she satisfied with it. 


20 minutes more before the show started. Jessica looked surrounding to see the hall was already occupied with her VIP and guests. She smiled in proud. 


Then name of someone crossed through her mind. Her eyes wandered around the place but couldn't see even glimpse of the person. She kept searching and searching until her attention was brought to the front door and got in a beautiful girl, with white blouse, black blazer and black skinny jeans, showing her perfect curve. Big smile crept on her face. Their eyes met and Hwarin smiled at Jessica. But soon Jessica smile faded which made Hwarin's brows furrowed in confuse. Jessica's eyes weren't at her, so she followed at where the girl was looking at and found out it was Chanyeol. 


Hwarin watched as he was about to go to Jessica but she was fast enough than him and grabbed Jessica by her hand to bring her out from his sight. 


"You okay?" 


"Y-Yeah, I'm fine, thanks. I don't know why he's here, I don't remember I've invited him"


"It's okay, I'll get my guards if he did anything to you"


Jessica looked at those brown orbs lovingly. Hwarin was such a sweet girl, she thought. 


"Thanks, but I'm fine, totally" 


"Just want to make sure he never lies his hands on you again"


She smiled ear to ear hearing the statement. Never in her life she felt someone said that sincerely, not even him. 


"This event, is great" Hwarin tried to change the subject. 


"Well, thanks. It is your hotel, which make it more great, obviously"


"Nah, how you handle things is the most important"


Jessica smiled blushingly with the compliment, or more to statement? She tugged her hair behind her hair as she bit her lips, trying hard to hide her never-ending smile. 


"Anyway, you look lovely today. And ofcourse beautiful as always" Hwarin commented with grin. 


"Thanks" The only word came out from Jessica mouth as she felt her face was heat up.


"Miss Jung, sorry to interrupt you but Mr. Wang from China wants to meet you" said Jessica's secretary 


'What a perfect timing'


Jessica grinned but the secretary knew it was not a good one, rather than a sarcastic one. 


"Okay. Erm, Hwa- I mean Ms. Kang, I'll go first. See you later"


"Okay, see ya" 


Right after, Jessica walked away with heavy heart. If she allowed to, she wanted to stay with the girl and ignored all the guests. But what could she do, this was her event, so she had to greet all the guests possibly.

 


__________


"You can do this, Hyejeong. You can do this"


She was infront of Kang's mansion. It had been a while since she visited her parents-in-law. Her wife always had excuses to not make the visit happened and she felt bad for the parents. If she couldn't come with Hwarin, at least she would come alone and asked how they were doing. 


Hyejeong caressed her bump before stepped into the stairs to the main entrance. Just before she could ring the bell, the door was opened which made Hyejeong slightly surprised. 


"Good morning, Ms. Kang" The butler bowed 90degree. 


"Good morning" Hyejeong gave a sweet smile as possible as she could. 


"Are mom and dad home?"


"Yes, Sir and Madam are in living room. Come in" 


The butler gave way for Hyejeong to come in. She walked through the hallway with the butler in tail. Truth to be told, she wasn't used to this; someone older than her bowed, spoke and gestured politely to her. 


Hyejeong stopped then turned around. She smiled awkwardly "Erm... It's okay, I can manage until here" 


The butler bowed then left, causing Hyejeong to sigh in relief. She then proceed to the living where she found her parents-in-law happily chatting to each other. The mother finally saw Hyejeong. 


"Omg Hyejeong, my daughter" Mrs. Kang stoop up and approached Hyejeong for hug and Hyejeong gladly hugged back. 


"How are you sweetheart?" Mrs. Kang asked after they pulled away. 


"I'm fine mom. And Hwarin send regards to both of you. She said sorry because can't join me visit you as there is event in her hotel and she had to attend. But she said she would visit later"


"Oh, it's okay. We know she is busy woman" Mrs. Kang chuckled but Hyejeong could sense sadness and disappointed in that voice. 


They were chatting and laughing over certain topics. Sometimes Mr. Kang would make lame jokes and Hyejeong laughed over it. But not in Mrs. Kang's case who already used and sick of it. And Hyejeong couldn't help to admire how these two parents bickered over simple thing.


Hyejeong observed the parents. She became envious of Hwarin for having such understanding parents who loved her so much. For Hyejeong who didn't has ones, couldn't help to miss her parents so much. 


Then a thought came into her mind; Hwarin's illness. The parents believed their daughter was fully recovered from the illness and she hadn't experienced that voice inside her head anymore, but they were totally wrong. How Hyejeong felt pity on the parents. Their own daughter lied about her condition. Hyejeong hadn't seen such thing happened, yet, but she knew one day that voice was going to provoke aher wife again. 


"How could you do this to them Hwarin? Aren't you slightly feel guilty toward them? What are you thinking right now? Please, fix everything before it's too late" Hyejeong mentally said. 

 

 

________


"Umma" Jeong called Seolhyun who driving back to Hwarin's home.


"Hm-mm" 


"Mommy was weird this morning" Jeong spoke as he played with her toy cars. 


Seolhyun frowned. "Weird? Why?"


"Jeong heard mommy talked to her herself" 


Seolhyun's eyes went wide. She was surprised. Jeong found Hwarin talked to herself which Seolhyun knew that only meant to one thing, the voice. 


"Umma?" He called again as Seolhyun seemed to space out. 


"Y-Yes?" She stuttered but managed to stay cool. 


"Is mommy sick?" 


The question made Seolhyun stepped into brake and the car stopped immediately, causing both of them to lean forward then backward on the chair with force. Fortunately they were wearing their seatbelts. Jeong yelped and Seolhyun abruptly inspected him. 


"Jeong-ah, are you okay? I'm sorry" 


"Jeong is okay umma" He cupped both of Seolhyun's cheeks. "Are you crying umma?" 


Seolhyun shook her head. But it didn't convince the little boy as he wiped her umma's cheeks.


"There is water on your cheeks. You're crying. If mommy is really sick we will help her. We will help mommy to be healthy again. Jeong loves mommy, just like how umma love mommy" 


He might be 5 but he was so smart, too smart on noticing his mommy's behaviour. Seolhyun herself was stunned with how Jeong uttered that words. From where he learned all of that? 


Without saying anything anymore, Seolhyun nodded then spreaded her arms to hug her son. 


"Yes, we will help mommy" 

 

 

__________


"Did you... mean it?" Jessica bit her lower lip.


They were now in Hwarin's car. The atmosphere was tense and they were just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter