Chapter 5

Trauma [PAUSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mommy!" 


As soon as Jeong came into the house, he slipped off his shoes then ran to his mom, who was sitting in the living room, watching television.


He threw his body to Hwarin and hugged her tight, like he hadn't meet her mom for days. 


"How's school?" Hwarin asked as she lifted her son to her lap.


"Hmm, fun! We are drawing and coloring alot of animals and guess what mommy, teacher gave me a stick candy because I finished my work" Jeong said excitedly.


"Really? Then where is the candy?"


He giggled while covering his mouth and with that the mommy knew that her son had eaten the candy. 


"You ate it already?" She smiled suspiciously.


Jeong nodded cutely which made Hwarin ruffled his hair. It was always like that almost everyday since Hwarin off from work. Jeong came back from school then gave his mom a big hug. 


"Wait, who brought you home?"


"Me" 


The sweet voice made the two diverted their gaze to the owner.


Seolhyun. 


She was just coming out from the kitchen with a glass of milk. She proceed to sit next the two on the couch and gave the glass to Jeong. 


"Gomawo umma!" Jeong exclaimed. 


Seolhyun then looked at the girl beside her. Hwarin noticed Seolhyun was staring but she tried to avoid it, as if it was possible to do it because Seolhyun's stare was like drilling a hole on her head and forced her to look at the girl at last. 


"Why are you staring at me like that?" Her voice slightly stuttered. 


"Baby, you go play in your room, okay?" Seolhyun instructed Jeong, he hummed then walked away from the scene. 


She fixed her seating position, facing the young CEO. "What happened?"


Somehow, the sound on Seolhyun's voice made Hwarin shivered. Of cource she heard the voice before but this time was different. It was like Seolhyun would kill her if she didn't tell the girl words. 


"W-What are you talking about?" She played dumb.


"It's rare to see you didn't come to work for almost a week. What's bothered you?"


"It's been a week? Waah I don't realise it's been that long" Hwarin chuckled awkwardly. 


Seolhyun narrowed her eyes as her gaze still on the young CEO, made her hard to swallow her own saliva. 


"Nothing happened, just want to stay home, spend time with Hyejeong and Jeong" Hwarin tried to sound reasonable.


Sigh escaped from Seolhyun's mouth. Although she already awared what happened, still she wanted to know from the girl's perspective. 


"Fine, if you don't want to tell, nevermind. But tomorrow make sure to come for work, we'll have our meeting regarding the joint project"


"Oh it's tomorrow?" The young CEO rubbed her neck. 


"Yes. Next week I'll be off to Busan for business trip so I only have tomorrow and the next day after tomorrow" 


Hwarin nodded her head and smiled awkwardly toward Seolhyun then got her eyes back to the television. 


"Oh, where is Hyejeong?" Seolhyun asked as she wandered around. 


"She is going to hospital" Hwarin answered slumberly.


"Hospital? Wae? Is she sick?" 


"I guess so" 


Seolhyun frowned. She didn't satisfy with the answer the girl had given. Something wasn't right. 


"Then what about you? Why are you here instead of company her to the hospital?" 


Hwarin muttered up the best puppy like expression she could, hoping it would convince the girl to stop asking her questions. But to her dismay, Seolhyun just stared at her with blank expression that made her sighed in defeat. 


Meanwhile Seolhyun who tried hard to resist the cute expression could only hold her breath. 


"She woke up early before me and just left note about her departure. So it is not my fault if she wants to go alone"


Before Seolhyun could utter a word, Hwarin's phone rang indicated she had incoming call. 


She took a look at her phone then glanced at Seolhyun who raised her brows in questioning. 


"I'll answer this call. Excuse me" Hwarin got up from the couch and went to the kitchen to answer the call. 


"Bwoya? Can't she just answer it here? Why must be in the kitchen" With that Seolhyun also got up from her seat and went to Jeong's playroom. 


Meanwhile in the kitchen, Hwarin was carefully looking at the living room once and saw no Seolhyun. So she answered the call.


"Hello. Jessica-shi?"

 

 

__________


"How doctor? What happened to me?" Hyejeong asked anxiously as she finished buttoned up her blouse after her check-up.


The doctor heaved a sigh. Her expression wasn't pleasant at all which made Hyejeong's eyes went wide and more nervous.


"Wae doc? Is something wrong with me?"


The doctor took a breath before spoke "l'm sorry but... you have about 7 months left" 


Hyejeong gasped while covered with her hand. She took time digesting what she just heard.


"Am I going to die?"


"Am I really having 7 months left to live?"


"Am I really going to leave my wife and my family?"


Such questions lingered in her mind and kept replay multiple times. 


Without noticed, her eyes began to fool with tears. She was trying to say words but felt like had been glued tight.


After took her like a month to finally get to say something "A-Am I really sick, d-doc?" 


The doctor examined the result of Hyejeong's check-up one more time, then lifted her head and stared straight at the girl's eyes. 


"You're... pregnant"


Hyejeong was speechless. "N-Nae?"


"Yes, you're 2 months pregnant, congratulation!" The doctor said excitedly. 


"Omg! I'm pregnant?" Hyejeong questioned as tears fell in happiness, while her hand occasionally rubbed her not-so-yet-big stomach.

 

After her check-up, Hyejeong came out from the room with big smile on her face. She kept rubbing her belly and mumbling something. 


"Ms. Shin Hyejeong?"


Upon hearing her name being called, she abruptly lifted her head and saw a pretty lady with white cloth stood infront of her. She bowed her head a little as she was still puzzled who could the lady be. 


The lady chuckled looking at Hyejeong's expression. She extended her hand to do handshake then introduced herself. 


"I'm Dr. Kim Jisoo. Ms. Kang's doctor 5 years ago" 


T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter