Chapter 4

Trauma [PAUSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seolhyun's POV 

 

Sooyeon. Sooyeon. Sooyeon.

 

Why? Why? Why?

 

Why you must coming back when she was already recovering from the illness?

 

But was she really fully recovered? 

 

I'm curious. 

 

Such thoughts kept appeared in my head. I couldn't discharge it unless I got the answers. There were so much questions I wanted to ask but didn't know who should I conducted the questions to. 

 

"Should I find it myself?" I mumbled to myself.

 

"What do you want to find out?" 

 

The voice startled me. It was Yuna, my since childhood friend. She was loyal to me until up to certain point when she was rather worked with my company than her father's. Her reason would be because she had brother who could handle it. He was the heir after all. She felt like she was just a stepdaughter in the family. I knew her family so well, I knew Mr. Seo. I knew how he treated Yuna and her brother differently. 

 

"Nothing" 

 

Yuna took seat infront of me and I pretended to look at the paperwork that I was working on. I wasn't really pay attention at it at all, my attention was somewhere else. 

 

I heard a laugh. I lifted my head only to see she was laughing. I had no idea what she laughed at, what was so funny. 

 

I just stared at her, knowing soon she would stop and I was freaking right. She stopped right away. 

 

"What's so funny? Mind to share?"

 

"It's not like that. You are looking at the paperwork but I know you are not really paying attention at it. You are still in the same page for 30 minutes already" 

 

She laughed again. She must be watching on me for she knew I was scanning the same page longer. 

 

I sighed heavily. This was so not me, spacing out during work time. I was worrying about my ex-wife which I shouldn't. But as her bestfriend I had right to feel worried. It was no wrong, not at all.

 

"Spill it"

 

I placed my hands on the table "Should I tell Hyejeong?"

 

"Let me guess, it's about Hwarin right?"

 

I nodded. And she sighed.

 

"What's about this time?"

 

"I saw Sooyeon last 2 days, in Hwarin's office"

 

Yuna frowned. She must be forgotten what I had told her about Sooyeon. This girl really. 

 

"Sooyeon, her childhood crush?" 

 

Now she remembered. 

 

I nodded my head. 

 

"So she met her already?" 

 

"Yes. They are working together. But look like Hwarin hasn't know she is Sooyeon because she introduced herself as Jessica" 

 

"Oh. American name huh" 

 

I ran my finger through my hair in frustration. I didn't know what to do anymore. All of these confused me. Should I looked for Hwarin's condition myself? Or should I took care of Sooyeon first? 

 

"What do you think? Should I go and meet Sooyeon?"

 

"No"

 

I knitted my brows. Her answer was simple yet questionable. 

 

"I don't think you have to reveal Sooyeon's identity for now. We don't know yet why she is coming back. Is she up for Hwarin?"

 

I leaned back on the chair "That's the question"

 

"And I don't think this time you should get yourself into Hwarin's problem. She has her wife already, Seol. So let's they settle their problems"

 

"And sit here like nothing happen? Absolutely no! Even though she has her wife doesn't mean I can't help her. Plus I know who is Sooyeon more than Hyejeong knows this woman. I promised to Hwarin's mom already to protect her from Sooyeon, as she knows Sooyeon is coming back to Korea" 

 

She shook her head. I knew I won in this argument even we wasn't competing. 

 

"Why do think so much?"

 

Exactly. Why was I thinking so much. It wasn't even my problem. But I declared 5 years ago, Hwarin's problems were also mine. 

 

"I just don't feel right to stay quiet when I know the reality" 

 

I couldn't stay still when the person I used to love, well, I still love her, was having no idea who the woman she met to almost everyday. The woman who hurted her so bad, rejected her, abandoned her and let her cried blood and suffered for years. 

 

End of POV

 

 

 

__________

 

"Nae, I'll go home right away later. Bye"

 

Groceries shopping. That was what Mina did for past years already. Living alone wasn't easy. Not to mention, had to clean the house and cooked on her own. 

 

She walked slowly from one section to other, taking her time as she got nothing to do at home for she was on leave from work for 1 week, due to her workplace was under renovation. 

 

"Mina noona?" 

 

A sweet voice came from behind her. She didn't have to turn to know who owned the voice. She squeezed her eyes tight and bit her bottom lip, hoping she could read a mantra that could shooed the person away. 

 

 

"Give him a chance to talk to you. I see he is indeed a nice boy and have good intention. Nothing harm about him" - Hyejeong

 

 

Taking a deep breath, she decided to take her bestfriend's words on giving the boy a chance. This was 3rd times the boy had greeted her first.

 

She turned around and gave her best to curve her lips. It was coming out well, yes, she was smiling, just by looking at the boy's reaction. She wondered she must looked pathetic for giving such smile. She didn't think the smile she gave was genuine but she knew she wanted to give one too. 

 

"Hi" She awkwardly said while lifted her one hand. 

 

"Are you alone, noona?"

 

"Yeah" She tugged her hair behind her ear "Are you?"

 

Dawon nodded vigorously, making Mina chuckled a bit. Smiled still plastered on his face. 

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

"I'm working here" 

 

"You work here?" She pointed her finger on the floor. 

 

Once again, he nodded, but this time more cutely. She felt swirled inside her and her heart reacted faster than her expected. She placed her hand on her chest.

 

"Oh why am I feeling this way?" 

 

"Noona"

 

"Y-Yes?"

 

"So?"

 

"So what?"

 

He chuckled "I was asking if you have free time to have coffee with me?"

 

He looked like a real man asking her like that. She stared at that face for who knew how long, until she saw hand waved infront of her face.

 

Unconciously she said a word. A word that brought smiled to the boy's face. A word that he waited for since he asked a time from her. 

 

"Sure"

 

 

 

__________

 

What was happening that night? 

 

Why couldn't she reme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter