Afraid

Trauma [PAUSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up in the morning by the sound of my alarm, I reached out my hand to the table next to my bed to shut it. I had stretched out my hands and body as I felt ache all over it because being hit by Hyejeong unnie so hard as I was teasing her bad last night.

I turned my body to the girl who was still deep in sleep and caressing her cheek gently. I stared at her face, her lips and her eyes.

"I have no idea how your reaction will be after knowing all about my past" I whispered with hand still caressed her cheek "I can't promise you will stay by my side like you said when you already know how I was, what I was doing and how I felt toward other people. I want to tell you but not now, I still want to be by your side. I want you to hear it from me before from someone else. I'm sorry if later you are going to hurt and I'm going to hurt you without realising" tears formed.

She stirred and opened her eyes slowly. I smiled at her sweetly and she returned it back.

"good morning"

She hid her face on her pillow and mumbling "morning"

I giggled at her cuteness. She stared back at me and narrowed her eyes, asking "are you crying?"

"n-no, I'm not" trying hard to cover my lie.

She frowned for seconds then smiled widely. She was biting her bottom lips and pecking my lips before stood up as she wanted to go to the bathroom. She walked slowly and seductively toward the bathroom while eyes on me. I laughed silently and covered my face with pillow. She walked to my side to took the pillow that covered my face then hit me on my stomach.

"you're mean, I put the show for you but you... aish!" she hit me once again and pouting. She continued heading to the bathroom, ignored me who still laughing.

"I love you too, unnie" I said before she dissapeared to the bathroom and she rolled her eyes.

We were having our breakfast, we were laughing and happily chatting until she opened up the topic about a guy. She was talking about how ridiculous her girl collagues over the business partner of the company she worked at. She said the guy was such a cool guy and told me how good-looking and smart the guy was.

I rubbed my neck and felt bored with her story. How dared she was talking about other guy while with me, it had running my morning mood. More frustrating, she told me how the guy greeted and looked straight at her eyes. she was immersed by his eyes. I kept calm and tried to control my anger and jealousy.

"how ert the others kept looking at him everytime she passed. what make others crazy is his smile, so sweet and cute" she smiled excitedly probably thinking that guy face "his posture is perfect and it perfect for boyfriend material. with that body and smile he has, I confirm he can attract many girls in just blink of eyes. not to mention, her perfume smell so freaking good! the scent make the girls want to follow him where ever he want to go"

I felt like I wanted to explode anytime soon. She really getting in my nerves. But I waited until she had finishing her words

"everyone felt heaven when he talked. in the meeting room, we kept staring at his face like we didn't ever get what he was talking about" she laughed "I certain everyone in the office like him, I mean you know, he is the type of guy that most of the girls dream of, I mean with-"

I couldn't take it anymore "including you?"

I glared at her and her smiled faded. She covered finally realising what she just said. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"n-no Hwa-Hwarin, I-I-" she stuttered.

I stood up from my seat to grab my jacket and car key. I was about to go to work faster as I had no mood to see her face until she called my name.

"I'm sorry, I-I k-know I-I shouldn't talk about that guy while with you. I-"

I sighed loudly and turned to her "you know what" I sighed again "I give you permission to ask him out, just do whatever you want"

"no no, wait Hwa-"

"don't" I lifted my hand while my back facing her "follow me, I'm going"

With that I left the house and headed to my workplace.

I drove my car to my workplace and parked it outside the store. I came in to the store

"yah rinrin, where were you? manager was asking for you?"

Before I could utter any words

"oh there you are Miss Kang. Here, this is your salary for this month" the manager gave me an envelope "I still couldn't believe that you're Mr Kang's daughter as I never saw you before so I don't recognize you. Mr Kang help me a lot with my business and he was my childhood friend back in primary school"

I just smiled.

"okay, I have to go. I wish you a goodluck"

I bowed "thank you Sir"

Then I felt pair of eyes staring at me. I faced who o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter