Chapter 9

My Personal Ahjumma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“What if one day you realize that all of those things you think of me are not true at all?”

 

Yuri looked deeply in her eyes trailing down to her pink lips. He saw Jessica's lips suddenly part and he felt his breathing become restricted. His memory then goes back on the first day he met the young lass. They shared a kiss, but it only lasted for like five seconds. The urge to do it again surfaced in his thoughts. Was she feeling the same effects that he feels at the moment?

 

RING! RING! RING!

 

The intense stare broke when the phone rang. Jessica clears and stood up.

Whew. Saved by the bell or ring, rather.

 

Yuri immediately went back to his office, leaving his personal assistant talking on the phone.

Why am I feeling these weird things? Argh!

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤

 

Three days after.

 

“Hey Kwon! Have you slept with your personal assistant yet? Is she your girlfriend now?” Sooyoung asks his best friend as he took a bite of his apple.

 

Yuri ran his fingers through his black locks, exasperated. “Not yet. I tried to get close but she hates me from head to toe. How can she even resist my appeal?”

 

“Yep, I noticed. I just saw her talking and laughing with Mr. Go a while ago. It looks like your janitor has way more appeal than you,” his best friend remarks.

 

Of course, he knew Jessica was kind to everyone. Well, except for him.

 

“Argh! No woman has rejected me before. How can I tame that woman and make her like me?”

 

Sooyoung's laughter echoed in his office, clutching his stomach. “Wow. This is new. Looks like the great Casanova Kwon moves are getting lame. You really getting serious with her? Are you in love with her now?”

 

“No way! And shut up while I think of what to do!”

 

A knock on the door was heard interrupting the two men as it opened, revealing Jessica in her white blouse and pencil skirt uniform.

 

“Hi Jessica!” Sooyoung energetically greets her.

 

“Good morning Sir Sooyoung,” Jessica sweetly smiles at him. “Would you like coffee or tea?”

 

Yuri's brows furrowed. Never did Jessica greet and smile at him like that. He only gets glares from her and she always spoke to him as if she was irked by his presence.

 

“Do you have orange juice?” The tall man asks, grinning widely at the personal assistant. Yuri can see that Sooyoung was deliberately flirting with an oblivious Jessica and he did not like it one bit.

 

“No problem, Sir. I can make one just for you,” Jessica answers, her sweet smile still etched on her lips. “Please wait for it just a moment. Excuse me,” she bows at Sooyoung and left the office.

 

“Hey, I like her. I don't think it is bad to have Jessica as my next girlfriend. That is, if she really doesn’t like you.” Sooyoung tells Yuri still looking at the door the PA went through.

 

Yuri did not speak, but he did not like the thought that his best friend will have Jessica for himself.

 

Sooyoung changes the topic and faces him. “By the way, the company's charity ball is happening two days from now. What do you think I should wear?”

 

“Don't bother,” Yuri says.

 

“Why?”

 

“You're not invited. I am sending you to a business meeting at Jeju.”

 

“What the...? Why?”

 

“Don't ask.”

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤

 

“Sir, can you tell me why am I here when they have personal shoppers for SVIP customers like you?” Jessica inquires as she continues to walk following her boss.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter