Chapter 10

My Personal Ahjumma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I'll buy it all.” Yuri informs the shop butler.

 

No one dared to say anything and talk about what happened between them earlier. Both parties acted as if it was nothing. However, Yuri can't help to steal a few glances to Jessica. She tied her hair up again. Why? Those light curls are so pretty...and soft. Smells nice, like strawberries. Ah. Strawberries. I like strawberries. They taste good too. A wide grin unconsciously spreads across his face.

 

The shop assistants continued to arrange and carry the bag of clothes Yuri just bought. Just then, the manager followed by a shop assistant approaches them and puts down a big white box in front of Yuri. “Just as you have requested, Mr. Kwon.”

 

Yuri smiles at the latter and turns around to face Jessica behind him. “This is what you'll be wearing for the charity ball.”

 

Jessica approaches the box and starts to open it. The PA lets out a gasp of surprise when she sees what is inside. “This is expensive. I-I can't wear this,” she says. Inside the box was a set of ball gown, shoes, velvet mask, a matching clutch bag, and a necklace adorned with small diamonds.

 

“Sica, consider that as my peace offering. I don't want you to think I'm a bad boss, so I—“

 

“No. I‘m sure you have an ulterior motive," she eyed him suspiciously. “Besides, I already have something to wear for the charity ball.”

 

“I don’t have an ulterior motive. I simply don’t want you to look like an ugly ahjumma princess wearing ugly ahjumma clothes beside me.”

 

“What did you just say?” Jessica irritatingly asks him.

 

“I said, you are gorgeous. By the way...” He pulls out his wallet and hands her a few bills. “Buy some powder or make-up for your face so you won't look like an ahjumma when I have you as my date.”

 

“Date?! Wow~ Who said I agree to be your date? I'd rather go alone than be your date.”

 

“Don't worry, I'd still ask you for a dance even if you're not that pretty.” Yuri sneers.

 

“You don't know who you're talking to.” This time, Yuri hit Jessica’s ego hard. She just wanted to punch that annoying face of his. He simply irked her to no end. “I am very beautiful, you know?!”

 

Yuri's smirk grew even wider. “Then show me.”

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤

 

“I hope he experiences bad luck! Ugh! He is so annoying!” Jessica exclaims ruffling her hair out of frustration. Soon as she got home, the woman immediately told Tiffany and Krystal what happened; again, excluding the kiss.

 

“Come on, Jessi. Chill. He might've said that, but just let it go.” Tiffany says.

 

Krystal rubs Jessica's shoulder to calm her down. “Yeah, unnie. Just let it go will you? You're just stressing yourself out.”

 

“Let it go? He insulted me! That arrogant monkey said I was ugly!” She angrily slams her hands on their dining table. “How dare he?”

 

“Well honestly speaking Jessi, you are a bit ugly with that ahjumma style.” Tiffany held her hands. “Anyway, you don't need a major makeover since you're actually very pretty. You can show it, you no longer have to be scared.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Are you getting insecure now, unnie?” Krystal asks.

 

Jessica pouts. “I am not insecure. It's just... I want to prove to him that he's wrong, that I am beautiful too.”

 

“Wait, why do you even care what Yuri-oppa tells you? He's not even your type anyways,” the younger Jung further inquires. “Your type has always been fair skinned guys like Jaejoong-oppa. It was such waste you did not end up together. I lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter