Chapter 23

My Personal Ahjumma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I need help! Please! Someone help!”

 

Yuri loudly screams after violating a few traffic rules just to get to the hospital. Crimson red blood tainted his clothes but he couldn’t care less, carrying Jessica in his arms. Raw panic was clearly visible on his face. Three nurses rushed along with a wheeled stretcher and helped him lay her on it.

 

“What happened to her?” One of the nurses asks him as they hastily pushed the gurney.

 

“S-she...was harassed.” Yuri stammers. “I don’t... I don’t know why... she’s bleeding. Please save her.”

 

“I’m sorry sir, but you are not allowed here.” A nurse halts him upon reaching one of the examining cubicles in the emergency room.

 

“She needs me. I’m not leaving her.”

 

“We need to follow hospital procedures,” the nurse insists and tries to push him out of the curtains.

 

“ your damn hospital rules!” Yuri bellows and stands firm in place. “She needs immediate care now! Where is the doctor?!”

 

“I’m just going to call for th—“

 

“I need a doctor in here now!” Yuri shouts outside the curtains.

 

“Sir, we really need you to lea—“

 

“I SAID I AM NOT LEAVING THE WOMAN I LOVE!”

 

A doctor then comes and lets the man stay while he checks on Jessica. Yuri feels a hand on his shoulder and looks up to see another nurse. “Sir, you have been stabbed. We’ll need to have you checked as well.”

 

“Oh...” Yuri looks down to himself and sees the wound. “I can’t leave her though. It’s alright.”

 

The tanned man stayed while he continues to whisper words of encouragement in her ear hoping she would hear them. The nurses treat his own wounds by Jessica’s side, eyes fixated on her.

 

“I need to transfer the patient to the operating room immediately.”

 

“Operation? Wh-what’s going on?” Yuri holds Jessica’s hand tighter, confused. Tears streamed down his face as he looks at Jessica’s beautiful yet pale face. “Baby... please hold on. I love you so much.”

 

...

 

Time seemed to tick awfully slow as Yuri waited outside the lounge of the operating room. Seeing nurses running in and out made the tanned man even more anxious. He asked one of them but they only gave him vague answers. Telling him that they are trying their best.

 

Is Jessica fine? She has to be.

 

Yuri can only pray for her to be safe. If anything happens to Jessica, he won’t be able to forgive himself.

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤

“Seobang...”

 

“Yes baby?”

 

“I had a nightmare,” Jessica traces tiny circles on the lines of his palm, pouting.

 

“About what?”

 

“I was running around some dark forest and I couldn't find my way out,” she narrates. “I was really scared because I'm all alone.”

 

“Hmmm...” Yuri her hair and pulls her on top of him. The latter enjoys the warmth and finds comfort, snuggling closer. He smelled like chocolate and mint. “That's just a dream, baby. Besides, I won't let anything happen to you.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Of course! I'm Kwon Seobang remember? You're my princess and I'm your knight.” He proudly declares and puts her palms on top of his beating heart. “Just call my name and i'll be there~”

 

“Aish... Isn't that a song?” Jessica slaps his chest and playfully pinched his nose.

 

“But you still like it...” Yuri's smile turns to a grin and rubs the tip of his nose against hers. He liked how she closes her eyes and blushes at the gesture. “Now, I think what you need to be afraid of right now is... THE TICKLE MONSTER!!!”

 

“Seobaaanggg!!!”

 

...

 

“Sicababy, your Kwon Seobang is here.”

 

It pains Yuri to see Jessica in this state. Somewhat hoping it’ll magically disappear with his touch, he gently caressed her bruised cheek. “Everything’s my fault... I’m so sorry.”

 

“I love you, Sica. I’m sorry I failed you.”

 

--Flashback—

 

Drowning himself with alcohol, Yuri sat on the street behind his car. “She and Jaejoong? Must be a joke,” he scoffs. 

 

All of a sudden, he hears a piercing cry for help. The voice sounded too familiar and his heart thumped in his chest nervously. “Sica?”

 

Running off to the source of the sound, he sees Jessica lying helplessly on the cold asphalt. He felt rage build up inside him. Three men surrounded the lady and when he saw one of them put his hands up her dress, he lost it.

 

“LET HER GO!”

 

Two came at him taking turns punching everywhere. His world was spinning but all he saw was red. He stumbles backward, feeling a kick on his stomach. "Ugh..." He struggled to get up and suddenly sees the third man still holding Jessica and even prepares to pull his pants down. Something snapped in him. NO! NO!

 

“Get off her! Don’t touch her!” He had to save Jessica even if it kills him. Yuri sees an opening and went in between to attack simultaneously. With all his might he punched the side of the head of the taller man, and kicked the other on the stomach, knocking down both.

 

The third man realizes his companions need help so he lunged forward with his knife. He successfully stabs him but Yuri just takes the knife out as if it was nothing. 

 

The man's eyes widened with shock. Yuri's eyes were burning like fire, glaring at the man intensely. "What the ?! Are you on drugs or something?!"

 

Yuri pushes him hard against the wall and grabs the man’s wrist and twists it to disarm him. Kneeing his gut, he moves quickly and reached for the dropped knife.

 

“Take one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter