Chapter 4

My Personal Ahjumma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Jessica-unnie, Sir Yuri has a lunch appointment later at three o'clock with some of the investors. The VIP reservation at the Lotte Hotel has been done already.” Hayoung informs Jessica as she looked at her planner with Yuri's schedules.

 

Oh Hayoung is Kwon Yuri’s sweet secretary who greets every employee who passed by the office with her smiles. They got along well easily that it wasn't hard for Jessica to be comfortable with the younger woman. Jessica takes down the information in her notepad and looks over to the other woman's desk. “How could you even stand him, Hayoung-ah?”

 

“Who are you referring to, Jessica-unnie? Sir Yuri?”

 

“Well, who else here is an arrogant jerk but him?”

 

“Oh no, unnie. He is not like that,” the young secretary countered. “He is the kindest boss you'll ever know. He may be a bit flirty especially around women, but you will get used to it.”

 

The kindest? Just a bit flirty? As if! Oh, and I love cucumbers then!

 

“He doesn't flirt with the employees here in the company though. So I have lost my chances with him.” Hayoung adds. “I was just kidding, okay unnie?” she quickly says, giggling.

 

“If so, then why...” She unconsciously touches her lips. Jessica wanted to tell Hayoung what happened earlier between them in the elevator, but then she may not believe her words.

 

“Why what, unnie?”

 

“Nothing. Don't mind it,” she gives her new found friend a slight smile.

 

“But admit it, unnie. Sir Yuri is so handsome like a prince, isn't he?”

 

“He is just fine, I guess.” Jessica responds trying to sound nonchalant as possible. The manly and charming image of their boss who kissed her suddenly pops into her mind. Too bad he’s a jerk.

 

Their conversation was cut off by Yuri calling for her through the intercom. Jessica went inside the office and she found herself gazing at the man standing in front of her.

 

Yuri looked so dashing wearing a three-piece black suit with matching leather shoes. A lot different from the man who wore that plain shirt, jeans, and rubber shoes inside the elevator―where he kissed her. Gawd, Jessica! Stop thinking about that kiss!

 

“Brioni makes me a lot more handsome you can't stop staring, eh?” Yuri says.

 

It was as if a pile of bricks were thrown at her by what he just said. “I was not staring at you. I was merely looking,” she tries to defend herself.

 

“You were definitely staring, ahjumma. I get that a lot, it's fine. I know I am handsome,” he tells and hands her a red necktie. “Can you do it for me?”

 

“I don't know how to,” she lied. “And as a businessman, I am sure you've done this a million times before.” Jessica thought it was better to keep her distance. Who knows what the guy could do to her.

 

“Then this would be good practice for you then. Come here.” He grabbed her hands holding the tie and hangs it on his nape, Jessica's hands resting on his broad chest. She can't help but blush a bit by the sudden contact.

 

Yuri was instructing her with every step on how to do it―not that she actually doesn't know how to. She felt his stares towards her even if she was not looking directly at him. After what seemed like an eternity of tying for Jessica, she was finally done.

 

She immediately moved away from him and was about to take a final step out of his office when her boss called her again, “Sica, come back here.”

 

“Do you need anything else, Sir- Uhh... Yuri?”

 

He gives off his signature smile and sits down on his swivel chair. “Nothing more. I just want you to accompany me here in my office. You can sit on the couch over there.”

 

Jessica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter