Chapter 21

My Personal Ahjumma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Sica, wait! Please, just let me explain!”

 

Yuri yells and runs after Jessica, but the woman ignores his shouts and fastens her pace. When he finally catches up to her by the gate, he holds Jessica's wrist tightly and turns her around. “Let me explain... Baby… Please...”

 

“No, you don't have to. I already heard everything. That sums everything up for me.”

 

“Sica... Baby, please... I-I... Listen to me first,” the tanned man pleads watching Jessica's tears uncontrollably running down her face, wiping it with the back of her hand.

 

“Don't worry about it, Yu-- Mr. Kwon. It's my fault anyway. You never said that you loved me. I... I just presumed you do. I’m such an idiot,” Jessica scoffs. She pulls her wrist from his hold and tries to run away again.

 

“I’m so sorry...” Yuri catches up and hugs her tightly from behind, nuzzling his face in the dip of her neck in an attempt to comfort her. He can’t help but cry as well seeing her hurt and broken. He never wanted to do such a thing. Jessica bites her lower lip and tries not to breakdown while choking on her cries. His arms felt wonderful but painful at the same time. It freaking hurts. “Baby please, I didn’t—“

 

“Please leave me alone. I no longer want to see you again. I hate you.” She does all her might to wriggle out of his embrace and immediately hails a cab, away from Yuri—leaving her heart behind with him.

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤

 

“Good morning Sir Yuri,” greets Yuri's new personal assistant. Hayoung personally looked and hired the lady for him. “Here's your black coffee, sir. Just the way you like it.” The woman puts the cup of coffee on his desk and leaves.

 

All that he saw when he went back to his office was Jessica's empty table and her irrevocable resignation letter on his desk. Hayoung told him that Jessica accidentally saw the file about her reassignment to the US branch. Yuri takes a sip of the coffee and chuckles sadly, a particular memory flashing in his mind. Jessica's coffee tastes better…

 

--Flashback--

 

“Sica! Jessica!” Yuri goes out of his car and runs to the brunette. Jessica was about to slip inside a cab outside their house when the young CEO appeared. He puts himself in front of the open car door, preventing her from going inside.

 

“What are you doing here, Kwon Yuri?” she asks. Her face was devoid of any emotion.

 

“I-I just wanted us to talk. Just for a bit... Please.” The tanned man answers and tries to hold her hand but the woman steps back.

 

Jessica looks at her wristwatch. “All right, you have five minutes. I don't want to be late for my new job. And please don't touch me,” she states. Jessica tries hard to look anywhere but his eyes, afraid she might drown in them again.

 

Yuri felt a pang in his heart with the brunette’s words and actions. “A-about what happened between us... I am so—”

 

“If you want break up , spare me. If you need something to boast to your friends, you have my blessings. Tell them whatever you want and I won't deny it. Or better yet, tell them I loved the and I felt so good that I begged so hard for you not to leave me,” Jessica sarcastically remarks.

 

Tears welled up in Yuri's eyes, hurt by the words the woman has uttered. “T-That's not what I came to tell you... Please just...” he pleads and tries to hold her, but she swats his arms away.

 

“What more do you want from me?!”

 

“L-Let me make it up to you. I know you're mad. Slap me. Punch me. Hurt me. I’ll do anything just please, forgive me... I wanted to say that—“

 

His words were cut short as his head snapped to the side. Jessica just slapped him.

 

She takes a step closer and looks up to Yuri, pure hatred flashing in her eyes that are now glistening with tears.

 

“That slap is nothing compared to the pain you’ve caused. Just don't come near me again. You disgust me.”

 

Yuri was tongue-tied. He wanted to say something but he didn't know what to. A deafening silence engulfs the bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter