Chapter 22

My Personal Ahjumma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Hey, are you listening to me? Jessi?”

 

Tiffany snaps her fingers in front of her dazed cousin’s face successfully gaining her attention. The three cousins were having their breakfast but Jessica looked like she was out of it staring blankly into space.

 

“Huh? I’m sorry, Tiff. You were saying?” The brunette apologizes. She rubs her forehead and closes her eyes for a while.

 

Tiffany noticed her actions. “Forget it, Jessi. It’s not that important. Are you okay? You’re not eating your food–again,” she emphasizes. Her cousin has been skipping her meals and looks thinner every day.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just didn’t get enough sleep last night. That’s all.” Jessica musters a thin smile and toys with her food again, scrunching her nose. “And I think my food smells a bit too much today.”

 

“But I made kimchi fried rice, your favorite.” Krystal says while taking her sister’s plate to take a smell of the food. “It’s always cooked like how you want it to be. Can you at least try to eat? You look really sick. We’re getting worried. Please?”

 

Of course, the Tiffany and Krystal already knew what happened between her and Yuri as they saw Jessica’s red puffy eyes when she went home and resigned the following day. Jessica doesn’t show it to them, and acts like she’s fine but they could hear her soft sobs at night through her bedroom door.

 

The last time Krystal saw her sister like this was when their parents died.

 

“Krys, I’m fine. Don’t worry too much okay? Unnie’s just adjusting with her new job. Look,” Jessica takes a piece of food from Krystal’s salad and shoves it into . The older Jung suddenly feels water and takes another wanting more of it. “Wow~ This is really good, you made this?”

 

“Y-yeah. You like the s-salad?” Krystal asks surprised seeing her sister eat again that much, almost finishing her own plate.

 

“Of course baby sis, it’s very delicious. I loved it.” Jessica pats her head, stands up and gets her bag from the couch. “I have to go to work now, bye girls.”

 

The two girls who remain at the dining table look at each other, shock painted on Krystal’s face.

 

“Why do you look like that?” Tiffany asks.

 

“Unnie, she ate the salad? You saw it right?”

 

“Yeah. Isn’t it good that she ate something today?”

 

“She said it was delicious. She loved it?” Krystal continues to speak to herself, dumbfounded.

 

“Krystal Jung, what is wrong with you? She just ate salad.” Tiffany snaps at her not getting what she means. Suddenly, it was as if a light bulb formed in her head. Only now realizing the knowing look Krystal was giving her. “Don’t tell me…”

 

 

“The salad has cucumbers.”

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤

 

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

 

Jessica glances at the sound as soon as she locks their gate and sees a familiar car. The door of the driver’s seat opens revealing the man who’s been having frequent visits to their home lately.

 

Kim Jaejoong.

 

“Sica, I’ll drive you to work!” He smiles at her handing a bouquet of flowers.

 

“Jaejoong-oppa, I already told you not to do this.” Jessica tells him trying to sound as nice as possible not to hurt his feelings. Jaejoong is still insistent with the courting and she’s still trying to put herself back together after what happened with Yuri. “I can go to work on my own.”

 

Jessica turns around and tries to walk away but as soon as she takes a step, her vision starts to spin and stumbles. “Jess! Are you okay? Let me bring you to a doctor.” Jaejoong immediately holds the woman’s waist and rubs her back. The brunette still feeling faint buries her head in his shoulders. He was about to carry her to his car when he felt someone pull Jessica away harshly from his arms.

 

“What the hell are you doing to her Kim?!! Kidnapping her? Don’t even touch Jessica.”

 

Yuri who just arrived at the scene snarls at him and tightly holds a now disoriented Jessica. The tanned man made a decision to pursue Jessica again even if it takes forever for her to forgive him. He just arrived at their house but was welcomed by the scene of Jaejoong attempting to take a weak Jessica into his car.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter