Chapter 17

My Personal Ahjumma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

God, please. Please. Be safe.

 

Yuri chanted in his head multiple times. His running matched time with the pounding of his heart. He was currently rushing to the ward in a hospital near the hotel.

 

--Flashback--

 

The young CEO giddily slipped on his robe after taking a relaxing bath. He can’t help but think about last night's events with Jessica. He finally had her; it felt as if he was on cloud nine. Jessica was now his.

 

A loud ringtone resonated across the entire suite interrupting his thoughts. He picks up the handheld device and looked at who could the caller be. It was Jungkook, one of his company drivers.

 

“What is it, Jungkook?” His left hand held the mobile device against his ears as he dried his hair with a towel.

 

“Uhh... He-Hello, Sir. I-Uhhm...”

 

“Stop stuttering and tell me.”

 

He heard the man clearing his throat on the other end of the line followed by loud sigh.

 

“We encountered an accident while on our way back after buying some souvenirs for our families in Seoul, Sir. Jessica and the others are in the hospital still being treated. There was a slight teasing, and a race ensued and—“

 

“Text me the address. NOW!”

 

Yuri no longer waited for the driver’s sentence to finish and hung up. He rushed out of the hotel driving to the hospital that the driver sent.

 

--End of flashback--

 

“Where is she?! Where’s Jessica?” Yuri shouts as he enters the hospital’s open ward where some of his employees are currently at. Ignoring the confusing stares from everyone in the room, his eyes wildly looks around searching for his personal assistant. Her safety is what's important and he couldn't care less of what everyone thinks. Walking to the end of the ward, he finally sees the woman he’s been looking for.

 

“How is she, doctor? Is she alright? Is she severely wounded?”

 

“Calm down, Mr...”

 

“Kwon Yuri. Is she fine? Does she need to—“

 

“She will be fine, Mr. Kwon. There are no further injuries aside from the small bruise on her head,” the doctor who just finished tending to the brunette assures him. “She just lost consciousness probably because of the shock, but she is safe. Let her rest for a couple of hours. I’ll be going now, but please do call us if you need help.”

 

A huge sigh of relief washes when he heard the doctor’s words. He looks at Jessica’s sleeping face and kisses her hand.

 

Turning around to his employees, he sees Jungkook and Jimin. The two company drivers stood beside each other bowing their heads low at him. Yuri takes in a deep breath to try and control his anger.

 

“I will no longer ask who is at fault for almost putting the life of the woman I lov—“ Yuri stops. What the hell was he almost going to blurt out? He then clears his throat and continues. “…o-of Jessica’s life and the others. It’s better that way or else I don’t know what I would be doing to you. Just go ahead and rest we still have to go back to Seoul later in the afternoon.”

 

“Thank you and we sincerely apologize, Mr. Kwon.” The drivers say in chorus before leaving the ward.

 

Yuri turns his attention back to the brunette on the bed who seemed to be regaining consciousness as her eyes fluttered open. He holds her hand, gently caressing it. “Are you okay, Sica? Do you need anything? Water? Fruits?”

 

Jessica squeezes his hand that held hers and gives him a thin smile in assurance. “Hey, I’m okay. Don’t worry. Are you okay?”

 

“You’re the one on the hospital bed and you’re asking me if I’m okay? I thought that I was going to lose you! I was so worried—“

 

“You do realize you’re just wearing a bathrobe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter