Chapter 3

My Personal Ahjumma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jessica made her way to the office of her soon-to-be boss after her small talk with Mrs. Shin, the HR manager.

The Kwon Empire Group is well-known for its wide range of business. Hotels, airports, shopping malls, and real estates, the company was basically the richest and most successful in the country. Attaining a job inside the enterprise would definitely be a great opportunity.

 

After the elevator incident, Jessica already had a nagging feeling the unknown man who dared kiss her was the boss. Though, she was really hoping that he was not. Once she got inside the office, the brunette saw a guy's back. He sat behind a desk made of glass accentuated with gold and black. The furnitures complimented well with the basic color of the entire office. Jessica read the name plate on top of the table.

 

KWON YURI – President & CEO

 

The man then suddenly turns around with the swivel chair, revealing his face.

 

Oh. Just. Great. Wonderful. Amazing. Fantastic. Jessica mentally facepalms.

 

“I am so glad you finally came, Ms. Jung. Welcome to the Kwon Empire Group, and my office.” The man greets her, a thin smile curving through his lips.

 

"G-ood m-morning, Sir," she answered with a slight bow. Jessica is a tough lady but she was tongue-tied at the moment, the fact that she was still surprised by the earlier event and how fate was playing with her.

 

Oh my gawd. Of all the billion people I could work for and be my boss, why must it be this arrogant monkey? Am I being punished by the lord of cucumbers? If so, then I promise to not kill them in my dreams any longer.

 

“Please take a seat,” Yuri utters. "Do you want to ask something?"

 

She complies and sits down. “Umm... Sir, am I really hired for the job?”

 

“Yes, absolutely.”

 

“And I am not going through any examinations, assessment, interviews… anything?” she further questions the man across the desk.

 

“Those things are no longer necessary. I’m in need of a personal assistant immediately and see you have the potential. Besides, I already read your résumé myself. You fit all the qualifications that I am looking for.”

 

Jessica then quietly stayed in her position, fumbling the hem of her dress thinking of other words to say.

 

“Ah. You don’t think I hired you because of what happened earlier, right? The kiss?” Yuri teasingly asks the woman.

 

When she heard that playful hint of arrogance in his voice, Jessica felt annoyed. “No Sir, because it looked like you simply kissed every woman you meet in skirts.” What an arrogant jerk!

 

The young CEO laughs amusedly, “Ooohh~ Feisty. I like it. You are perfect. Just exactly what I want.”

 

“Compliment accepted Mr. Kwon,” she responds.

 

“Mr. Kwon is my father. Call me, Yuri. I don’t like too much formality.” Yuri spoke now playing with his stress ball.

 

“Of course, Yuri-ssi.”

 

“No. Please, just Yuri.” He corrects. “So, what should I call you then?”

 

“Jessica. My family and friends call me Jessica.”

 

“Ahh. So we are friends now, eh?” Yuri grins.

 

“That’s how my enemies call me as well.” Jessica smartly replies, glaring at him.

 

Hmm. She is a challenge indeed. I think I’m going to like this. “If that is the case, I’ll call you Sica then. It makes me special.” An amu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter