Her Eyes

Second Chance For Loving You

American Hospital of Paris

Yuri POV

The night wind blows. Softly cold greeting. I try to feel your breezy presence. It's cold here but not as cold as my heart without you. I paused on the hospital rooftop. I'm confused. I do not know what else to do. Sunny was lying weak in the hospital room. She is in critical condition. It felt my hands and feet can not be grounded on the earth again. I was so afraid of losing her.

We got married after two years of graduating from senior high school. About fifteen months ago we decided to have a child through in vitro fertilization process. I asked my brother to donate his . I do not want anyone else to do it. Because then I feel that the children who will be born from Sunny's womb blood related to me.

This process was successful despite when seven months of pregnancy Sunny had a little accident that left she had to rest. At that time I was very worried. Her condition has declined because we were busy with work and study. I asked Sunny to rest, but she was too stubborn. She always assured me that she was able to keep up. I was very worried about her.

When the time for childbirth, Sunny fainting in her office. I immediately took her to the hospital. My mind is very chaotic at the time. After some examination, the doctor told me that Sunny is better to abort him because of her kidney was not stabil and be at high risk if she forced herself to remain through the birthing process. Yes, I will have a son.

With a very heavy heart, I told her that she better to abort him. Sunny firmly refused. She still wants to give birth to our baby because she knew that I wanted to have children from her. Because she continues to assure me that she would be fine I agreed because I believe in her.

Right at 13 in July our baby was born. He was very handsome. His eyes are very similar to Sunny. His body is very healthy. I shed tears when first cradling his tiny body. I have now become parents. I looked down at Sunny. She smiled at me. I gave the baby to her for feedings. I took photos of them both then the three of us. The first day where we will have a new family member. We gave him the name of Kwon Se In.

When the nurse took Se In to be brought to the incubator space, I remained there beside Sunny. She told me not to cry but I could not hold back my tears. Happily mingled with sad because Sunny conditions that appear pale. Suddenly she was unconscious. I tried to wake her but still she did not move.

The doctor returned checks. He told me that Sunny weak condition made her body more unstable. I kept waiting for her to wake up soon, but until now she has not been knocked out. Already three months have passed. The doctor advised me to bring her here. I agreed because he said many specialists here.

During these three months, Kwon Se In leave with Jessica. I have to keep Sunny that still not wake up. I'm trying to do anything that she was fine and wake up from her coma. Today Jessica will come with Se In because I miss him. After a long silence on the roof, I decided to go down because Jessica just sent a message that she was in the hospital.

"Jess. Here." I called her when she turned around here and there.

"Hi Yul. What is her condition?" I hugged her who was holding my son who had fallen asleep in Jessica's arms.

"Still no progress. She was still unconscious. Her kidney condition still is not stable." I said in a weak voice.

"Patience Yul. She would going through this." Jessica hugged my shoulders. I'm very grateful to have bestfriend like her. Although I am cause she lost Yoona, she still wants to help take care of Se In.

"I'll keep waiting. I'm sure she would wake up because I and Se In need her."

"If you continue to think positively, Sunny will feel it. Love you guys have are very strong. Especially now that your son is in desperate need of Sunny. So, whether Sunny still needed a kidney transplant?"

"Yes Jess. I really hope there are people who could be kind enough to do that. So, how are you and my son?"

"I am fine. Your son also progressing well. He was very healthy and very easy to keep him."

"I'm sorry, Jessica. I who have made you part with Yoona but you still want to help me take care of him. I am so ashamed of you." I bowed my head.

"Hey, what are you saying? It was all there in the past. I lost Yoona is not entirely because of your fault. I am also in fault, and I have to suffer the consequences."

"Do you still waiting for her, Jessica?" I asked, moving my son into my arms.

"I'm still very hopeful at her Yul. No matter how hard I try to forget her, still I can not. She is always come in my dreams. I still miss her." From her voice clearly audible that she missed Yoona.

"I will help to find her Jess. I'm sure she is still thinking about you. Although at that time she was very rude to just leave you, I'm sure she also felt guilty. But her broken heart made her furious."

"You do not have to think about me first. Currently, the most important thing is to focus on Sunny's health. I know about all that you talking about Yul. Therefore I will wait for her return. Wherever she is right now I hope she'll be okay."

"What if she's been with other people's Jessica?" My question made Jessica riveted.

"I'll let whoever she was happy with her choice. At least I will keep apologizing to her in order that this guilty feeling lost. I do not want to burden her." Jessica answered with certainty.

"I'm sure you guys will be together again." I hugged her tightly.

We both were talking while caring Se In. At the age of him now, he was in desperate need his mother's presence. Indeed, I could take care of him, but I also took Sunny to be here. She always told me to be a great mother and I want to see her do it. Please wake up Sunny. I and Se In can not live without.

"What about your own business Jessica?" I asked her. We were having dinner at the cafe today.

"Everything went smoothly in Korea and America. I'm planning to open a new office in Paris."

"Does that mean you're going to stay in Paris?"

"Yes Yul. But I would do it all the time Sunny has been healthy."

"I do not want to be a barrier for you, Jessica. You can not hold out your career. You can go and Se In will be taken care of by my brother. I'm sure he will not mind. In addition, Se In is his biological child."

"No need Yul. I do not feel you stopping my career. I particularly enjoyed the role as a foster parent of Se In. I want to learn to be a mother." I'm very impressed listening to the answers from her.

"Thank you Jessica. I owe you a lot of things." She smiled at me.

"We are bestfriend Yul. So, I will do whatever I can to help you." She hugged me to ease my pain. 

Yoona, where are you now? Do not you miss us? Do not you miss Jessica? I know I'm in fault. What have I done so wrong. But at least you have to give your news to us. You lost. I waited for four years and trying to find you, but I failed. I do not even know how you are now. I hope you will come back to us. You're going back to Jessica because she is always waiting for you with her love.

Jessica, do not worry. I will continue to help you to meet Yoona. You've sacrifice a lot of things for me. You've been take care of my treasure, my beloved son. You have helped care for us. And I know it's not an easy thing. I wish Sunny quickly back to health. At that time, I will try harder to make you and Yoona together again. I know you both still love each other. It's just a misunderstanding in the past makes you difficult to be together again.

Yoona POV

Today I decided to take a holiday because it was the last two weeks I have always worked late night. It seems I was getting tired and needed time to rest. I tried to relax with a stroll around the city. Paris is very beautiful, especially at night. The lights will be lit majestic illuminate every corner of the city.

After playing the game in a mall, I went to the spa. I really need a massage. Ah, it seems I was too young to do with all this activity. But someday I will get results. So I have to keep fighting.

Besides going to the places I wanted to visit, I had to go to one more place to ensure that my health condition is fine. I went to the hospital where is my friend working at, the American Hospital of Paris. There is one of my friend who became a doctor here.

"Hello Luna." I greet her who was concentrating on the papers in front of her.

"Hi Yoona. It's been so long I do not see you."

"Sorry, I'm very busy with my work. Customers with orders to kill me."

"Haha... you were always good at joking Yoong. So, what are you doing here?"

"As always I want to make sure that my body is healthy."

"Ah... I get it. Okay, please lie down. I'll do some checks." I lay in bed at Luna's room.

"Your blood pressure is normal. You only need adding portion of your foods because you're too skinny. And don't forget you just need to take some vitamins. Most of all you are okay. And I suggest you do not often work late night."

"Okay, okay. You always chatty when reminded about my health."

"And you always have a reason to not listen to me." We both laughed.

After talking for a long time with Luna, I leave to go home. On the way I saw someone who seemed familiar. No, it is not possible. It was definitely not her. I keep running until my eyes clearly said that it was Yuri and... Jessica. Yuri holding a baby and Jessica carrying bags that look like baby stuffs. They walked, laughing and busy with the baby being held by Yuri. They are too busy till do not realize that we are getting closer distance.

I wonder what I had in mind, I'm not trying to dodge them. It's just pain in my heart to see how they both give attention to the baby. They seem happy. When we are dealing, Yuri surprised to see there is people who stop in front of her. And even more surprised to see me.

"Yoona..." fell open. Because heard Yuri call my name, Jessica turned to me and she froze when our eyes met.

"Hi." I said simply. Without smiling because by seeing them both together, my broken heart come back.

"Where you been all this time Yoong?" Yuri asked me while Jessica kept looking at me. I can look like she was going to cry. I should not see her because I was afraid I would cry too.

"Sorry, I must go." By saying that I ran to my car.

My tears fall on my cheeks. Why did I have to meet them? And the baby, whether they were married and decided to have a child? Arghhh... I screamed in frustration. I can not face reality if it was really happening. Damn it! Why do I have to see those eyes again? Jessica, why you look like crying when you see me? Her eyes were still as beautiful as I remember and still makes me weak when looking at it. Why this should happen? Just damn it!

 

*I went back to update the story. Since today is my birthday, I have to give you all a gift. I hope you are not disappointed. I would greatly appreciate it if you give me advice. Also I don't know if I can update tomorrow or not, but I will try. Thanks to you all. God bless you. I love you guys. Enjoy reading.  :)