TWELVE

We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWELVE

 

Eunji sighs as she closes her laptop.

“We’re done for today, you just got to finish typing those notes I gave you then let’s edit it again on Thursday.” Yeol said with a smile which made Eunji silently curse. She feels like she’s been sinning since last week as she’s been feeling fluttery ever since she met Yeol and his deadly eye smile.

“Yeah, I’ll also try to finish up the final template and let you check it on Thursday so we can just have the final editing next week. My defense is coming after me without me knowing it.” Eunji replied as she fixes her stuff. She’s heading to the café after this.

“Are you going to your work after this?” Yeol asked.

“Yeah, I got work today.” Eunji then picked up her bag.

“How about you?”

“Sir Nichkhun didn’t assign anything to me yet so I’m free.” Yeol replied which made Eunji nod. She found out that Yeol is actually working under Victoria’s husband, Nichkhun that’s why she easily got a grasp with the boy.

“So I’ll be here, got to wait for the bus.” Eunji said as they arrived at the exit gate.

“I was thinking, can I actually go to the café where you’re working at? I’m the mood for some coffee and sweets today.” Yeol scratched his nape as he seemed unsure with his question.

“I don’t see a problem with that, sure.” Eunji replied with a smile as they headed to the bus stop.

 

 

“Hi boss!” Eunji greeted the moment she headed to the counter with Yeol following behind her.

“Oh you’re here, just on time, seemed like finals is coming earlier than the usual, kids are pouring in.” Minseok’s busy slicing a cake.

“I see, wait got to wear my apron.” Eunji replied as she headed to the employee’s room but she still signaled Yeol to wait which didn’t pass Minseok’s eyes. He eyed the man standing in front of his counter.

“Augh, yes?” Minseok asked after he passed the cake to one of his worker.

“Well… I’ll get….” Yeol was staring at the menu board when Eunji came out with her apron on.

“He’s with me, I got this.” Eunji said as she stood in front of the cash register which made Minseok raise a brow.

After getting Yeol’s order, Eunji immediately passed it to the barista.

“By the way Minseok, this is Yeol, he’s helping me out with my defense. Yeol this is Minseok, my boss and the owner of Sweetened Taste.” Eunji finally introduced them.

“Hi, nice to meet you.” Yeol offered a hand shake.

“Nice to meet you too! I’m glad someone’s helping Eunji up for her final push with her master’s.” Minseok responded on the shake.

“Eunji, I insist, I should pay.” Yeol turned his attention to Eunji as he took out his wallet.

“No, I got this, I don’t get to give you extra pay aside from the one coming from the tuition so let me treat you with this.” Eunji replied which made the later smile and nod in defeat.

Minseok on the other hand can’t help but raise a brow.

“But are you sure you’re leaving?” Eunji asked as he ordered for a take out.

“Yeah, I received a text from Sir Nichkhun asking me to come over.” Yeol replied.

“If that’s the case, let me add another order and please hand it to him, tell him I’ll meet him soon.” Eunji happily went to the barista to tell him an additional order after she punched it in. Minseok just silently stayed at the side, acting busy with the inventory as he feels odd with Yeol’s presence around though Eunji introduced him as someone who helps her.

‘You’re just being biased to your friend. He’s the husband, stop with your non-sense Minseok.’ He thought.

 

Sehun’s thoughts were disturbed after he heard his phone buzz. The secretary’s eyes were glued at the counter as he reached for his phone and swiped the answer.

“Hello?”

“Hello Sehun? Are you at the café? Is Eunji already there?” Sehun’s eyes are still at the counter. He wonders if Eunji saw him though. His eyes kept on staring at the man in front of the counter who came with Eunji.

“Sehun?!” he can hear his boss call again but his eyes follows the two as Eunji escorts the guy to the door.

“Yah Oh Sehun are you there?! Is there something wrong? Is Eunji there?” there’s a tone of alarm in Junmyeon’s voice which brought Sehun back to reality.

“Ah yes…yes….” He stammered as he tried to shake his head to bring himself back to reality as he can see Eunji walk back to the counter.

“Yes what? Sehun you’re acting weird… is there something wrong?” Junmyeon asked again.

“Ah no, nothing sir… I mean hyung. Yes I’m at the café and your wife’s here.” Sehun replied as he gulped.

“I see, I’m on my way there, order something for me, you wouldn’t mind if I share table with you right?” Junmyeon joked on the other line while Sehun’s thoughts are still in the clouds as he was able to have an eye contact with Minseok at the counter. The next thing he knows, Eunji’s waving at her with a smile. His lips formed a smile as he waved back.

“Sehun you’re okay right? Are you sick?” Junmyeon asked on the other line which made Sehun shake his head again. ‘Gather yourself up Oh Sehun!’

“Ah I’m alright hyung. Of course I won’t mind to share my table with you, I’ll order you the usual?”

“Yes please, thanks Sehun!” and with that, he ended the call.

Sehun’s mind is in a blur as he can’t understand but he feels weird seeing Eunji smile at the guy earlier as well as the guy’s actions. Not that he’s doubting Eunji but he just feel weird. He knows that the girl is loyal to his boss and they have a mutual feeling but he just can’t help but doubt the man. The way he smile earlier looks so flirty in his own opinion but he just hopes he’s wrong as he makes a mental note to know who the guy was.

Sehun then called a waiter and gave an additional order for Junmyeon.

To his luck, it was Eunji who brought order.

“One Americano and one cheesecake.” Eunji said as she settled the order on the table.

“I wasn’t able to see you earlier.” She added.

“Yeah but I saw you enter. You were with a guy?” Sehun tried to sound natural.

“Ah yes, Yeol, he’s the one who helps me out with my upcoming defense. My adviser asked him to help me.” Eunji explained which made Sehun.

‘Ah so he’s just helping her out for her defense. Stop thinking about stuffs Sehun. Eunji’s not like that.’

“I see… it’s good that someone helps you.” Sehun smiled as he took a sip of his coffee.

“Yeah, he’s of big help actually… but who are this for?” she diverted her attention to his additional order.

“Mine.” They both looked at the source of the voice, Junmyeon smiled as he approached the two. Eunji immediately walked towards him.

“What are you doing here?” she immediately asked with a smile as she held his arm and pulled him to the seat.

“I didn’t have much work so I decided to come over since Sehun’s here as well.” Junmyeon replied.

“I see, I won’t be out for the next few hours, will you wait or you’re going home after you finished this?” Eunji asked again.

“I’ll wait for you, I won’t be doing anything when I’m at the unit so it’s better to kill time here.” Junmyeon replied making Eunji nod.

“Okay then, I’ll leave you two while I work.” Eunji then turned around and made her way to the counter leaving Junmyeon who is trailing her retreating figure and Sehun who is trying to shake his ugly thoughts towards Eunji and the Yeol guy she’s with as he has confirmed that he’s just someone who helps her out with her defense.

“Hey, are you okay?” Junmyeon snapped him out of his thoughts, he should refrain himself from being dazed.

“Ah yeah hyung, just thinking.” He mumbled.

“About what? You were weird on the phone earlier, I thought something’s wrong.” Junmyeon replied as he started to munch in his cake.

“Nothing, I was just thinking about personal stuffs.” Sehun looked down to his coffee.

“Is this still about Naeun? Didn’t Eunji told you to give her more time? We both know that the girl has something for you, just a little bit more time Sehunnie.” Junmyeon cooed at the younger which made him sigh, both for the reason that he didn’t dig in more with his issue and the fact that the topic is about Naeun.

“Don’t mind me hyung, I’m fine.” he smiled and looked at him hoping that he wouldn’t flinch or else he’ll get it that he’s lying.

‘Oh Sehun stop it, he’s just a university friend.’

 

 

As the time of Eunji’s defense is nearing, the pressure on her is rising. She has even called off some café duties and tells Minseok she’ll do double shifts once she finishes the defense and Minseok, understanding her situation allowed her to. She’s been fighting sleepless nights and endless editing for this. She knows she can’t do it perfectly but she wants to give her best on this last push as she was able to hold it back for a few years due to stopping. She can even imagine herself crying when she receives her certificate.

“What are you doing?” Junmyeon asked as he knocked on the door of the mini library.

“Editing.” Eunji replied, eyes not leaving the screen. She’s been working on with her school stuffs in the mini library as she didn’t want to disturb tired Junmyeon on their room. Although they both prefer to sleep together, Junmyeon sometimes falls asleep while waiting for Eunji. The girl on the other hand is fine with him sleeping first as long as when she lies down on the bed, he’s still there.

“I brought tea, I think this will help.” Junmyeon said as he settled it beside Eunji.

“Thank you.” she beamed.

“You’re listening to it.” He noticed the music playing inside the room.

“Yeah, it works so I listen to it here and then.” Junmyeon nod.

“I can see you’re almost done.” Junmyeon looked at the screen.

“Yeah, I’m technically four days away from the defense proper, even Vic unnie is feeling the pressure already.” Eunji replied as she continues

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter