TWENTY

We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWENTY

 

Eunji arrives at the office after a meeting, she’s surprised to be welcomed by lunch boxes in the lobby table of the office.

“Where are these from?” Eunji immediately asked, Wendy who walked towards her responded.

“These are from the academics department, Mr. Sang Bum sent food to each department since he just came back from his trip.” Wendy replied as she took the folders Eunji was holding making her brows crease.

“I see.” Eunji simply muttered.

“Your lunch is inside your office already Ms. Eunji, it was specially labeled.” Wendy then opened the door for her. Eunji immediately saw the lunchbox on the coffee table inside her office.

“Did you eat your lunch already?” Eunji asked.

“I’m eating with the others right now.” Wendy replied.

“I see, then you can just drop off the folders there, I’ll discuss it later, let’s have some lunch first.” Eunji smiled at her as Wendy then excused herself.

So he’s back.

Eunji stares at the lunchbox with her name tag. She lifted the covers and she can only gulp seeing the dishes inside, her favorite dishes. She’s not someone who’s choosy with food but there are just some dishes that make her heart warm.

What is he trying to do?

She contemplated first on eating but ended up munching in as she got hungry over the meeting she attended earlier. After eating, she proceeded in disposing the lunchbox but her eyes darted on the nametag again. He knows he personally wrote it.

He’s seriously sick.

Eunji took a deep breath before throwing the nametag as well. She did her necessities before she proceeded with her work. I’m too busy to think about these stuffs.

 

-

 

“I heard Sang Bum’s back.” Junmyeon said as he sat on the couch and dunk his hand on the popcorn bowl Eunji was holding. They both had a light day in the office today so they decided to have some movie night.

“Yeah.” Eunji simply replied as she continues to stare at the screen with the attempt to focus on the movie that is starting.

“He was gone for some time, is everything doing well with the academics department?” Junmyeon continues to ask.

“Yeah, the OIC when he was gone did a great job so there’s really nothing to worry.”

“I see, how about your department? Is everything going well?” Junmyeon asked again which made Eunji turn to look at him with her brow raised.

“Excuse me Mr. Kim, are we going to watch the movie or are you going to check on the entire status of the aviation?” Eunji asked which made Junmyeon chuckle. He was about to speak when Eunji grabbed a hand full of popcorn and shoved it inside Junmyeon’s mouth.

“Save your reply for later, the movie is starting.” She then turned to face the screen again. Eunji tried her best to focus on the screen though she noticed that Junmyeon turned silent, he must be finishing the popcorn that she shoved in his mouth not until she felt a pair of arms circling her waist as it pulled her closer.

“Tonight’s colder than the usual.” He whispered as he rested his chin on her shoulder while leaned both of their bodies on the arm rest of the wide couch making both of them comfortable.

“You can actually just tell me directly that you want to cuddle you know, took you a long intro.” Eunji playfully said as she shoved another batch of popcorn on Junmyeon’s mouth without looking, good thing it went directly on .

“Why are you being mean?” Junmyeon sulked which made her chuckle.

“I’m not, I just want us to concentrate on the movie.” Eunji replied as she turned to face his cheeks making her reach to give it a peck.

“Now, do we focus on the movie or we solve your sulking problem?” Eunji asked.

“Though I want the latter I know you like the plot of this film so let’s watch.” He replied pushing aside his sulk as he tightens his hug on her waist making her chuckle. Atleast she got Junmyeon to make her day right despite the comeback that happened in the office earlier.

They continued to watch the film as Eunji occasionally feeds Junmyeon some popcorn. Halfway through the movie, she noticed that his hold on her waist loosen making her glance at his face only to see him sleeping with a cute pout on his lips.

“Why are you pouting?” she whispered as she softly pointed on his lips, afraid that she might wake him up. A soft giggle escape from after his face scrunch and started to adjust his position on the couch as if trying to figure out a comfortable set up. Eunji moved forward to let him lie down, she’s surprised that he’s still asleep with those movements. Few moments later, Junmyeon’s really deep into slumber as Eunji observes her.

“You must be tired.” She whispered as she combs his hair. Eunji ended up stopping the movie as she gentle removed his arms on her waist. She then cleaned up and went on a quick wash up. When she came out of their room, she’s already holding a blanket. She then covered Junmyeon with it and after a while, Eunji settled herself on the couch and lied down beside Junmyeon. It’s a good thing that the couch is wide enough for the both of them. She snuggled closer as she looks at him, they’re too close and nothing feels more natural than this.

“Good night.” She whispered as she moved closer to his chest and closed her eyes, no one knows if they’ll feel alright the next day because of their position but who cares, she likes it this way.

 

-

Eunji sat on her chair with a sigh. The board meeting just ended and she swear to God, Sang Bum’s being so annoying. He kept on giving her glances that are inappropriate especially that they are inside the board room. During his presentation, he also kept on mentioning Eunji like ‘Right Mrs. Kim?’ ‘What do you think Mrs. Kim?’ ‘Did I say it right Mrs. Kim?’ if they weren’t inside the board room, she could have slapped him hard enough to wake his senses up.

Her thoughts were broken when heard a knock.

“Yes?”

“Coffee and sweets.” Wendy said as she entered with Sweetened Taste’s paper bag. It made Eunji smile. She makes sure she can drop twice or thrice a week in the café to check on everyone especially her lovely boss Minseok.

“Thank you, where did you get that?” Eunji smiled as she stood up and headed to the coffee table where Wendy prepared the sweets.

“Mark dropped by before his flight and brought this for us… and the whole finance department.” Eunji could see Wendy blushing even though she’s acting busy with the sweets which made her giggle.

“You two are so cute oh my God.” Eunji squealed.

“Tell Mark I said thank you… he even treated the whole department, maybe it’s his way to tell everyone to treat you well.” Eunji added which made Wendy laugh as she carried the plate of sweets while Eunji took the coffee and placed it on the center table as they sat on the couch.

“He’s flying to Canada and he’s coming back next week that’s why he did this.” Wendy replied making Eunji pout.

“So you’re single for a week?” Wendy laughs as she nods.

“Mark must be worried that’s why h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter