FOUR

We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FOUR

“Eunji! Eunji! Someone’s looking for you.” she hurriedly dried her hair as she pulled her bag from the cabinet.

“Tell Naeun I’m coming!” she replied to one of her housemate though her best friend didn’t tell her she’s coming but knowing her, anything is possible.

“It’s a guy.” That made her pause. Could it be?

Eunji immediately got out of her room and stumbled over the laundry of one of her housemate. She rushed towards the door to see Junmyeon standing with his hands inside his pocket. He turned to look at her with a smile on his face.

“Good morning!” he greeted, it made Eunji gulp. She tries to have a mental check of herself, she knows she has taken a bath and changed her clothes. She has dried her hair, did she forget anything? She hopes not.

“Did I disturb you? or do you have any plans for today?” Junmyeon asked as Eunji approached her and opened the barricade.

“Good morning.” She greeted with a smile.

“I was getting ready to leave. It is my last day of work in the chicken shop.” Eunji replied. These past days, she and Junmyeon seemed to be taking what they have on a different level. Junmyeon usually fetches her after her shift and walks her home. They would usually exchange messages on their free time and they have gone out on several dates ever since Eunji quitted two jobs. Now, she’s leaving the chicken shop as well. She decided to keep her tutoring job and get a morning or afternoon shift in the coffee shop which was approved by her boss, Minseok who was actually a good friend of Junmyeon, small world.

“I can drive you there then. Then I could fetch you once your final shift is over.” Junmyeon said.

“But why? aren’t you busy today?”

“It’s Saturday and the airlines is running well, it wouldn’t hurt to skip a day you know.” Junmyeon replied which made Eunji’s brow raise. The past days they’ve been together, she has found out a few points about the man. He would usually go out with plans, he seldom goes out knowing nothing about what he’ll do, he’s quite OC with stuffs but that makes him cool in her eyes. Junmyeon’s smile melts her as well.

“But what will you do while I’m at the chicken shop?”

“I’m going somewhere to kill time then I’ll come over to fetch you then we can have some lunch and maybe stroll around. It’s your day off from Sweetened Taste right?” Junmyeon replied as they started walking. He’s actually glad that Eunji has become comfortable with him already. This special girl made him realize that it doesn’t really take months or years to like someone, sometimes, it just take a moment… and Eunji’s existence in his life proven that.

“Yeah, I think that’s a good idea.” Eunji beamed. She’s always looking forward for days like this, Junmyeon’s attentiveness towards her sends butterflies in her stomach. She sometimes forgets that they’re together because of his offer… she’s not sure where is this taking them but she hopes this will last long.

 

-

“I can’t believe I’ll be giving you your last pay check now…” the chicken shop owner said which made Eunji smile.

“I’ll still visit and only have my chicken delivered from here.” She said with assurance which made the owner laugh.

“I’ll expect that. I can’t believe you’re getting married soon though… but I don’t see a ring on your finger.” The owner’s reply made Eunji realize it as she gripped her hand and tried to think of a reason.

“Well… I didn’t wear it. I wanted to keep it when I’m working.” Eunji hopes she didn’t sound awkward.

“Does your future husband know that? You know, my husband got angry back then when he found out I wasn’t wearing our ring.” The chicken shop owner bought it which made her internally sigh in relief…. But it’s true… they don’t have a ring yet. Maybe Junmyeon’s going to buy it soon? She has no idea.

“Here it is. This officially ends your work here then.” The shop owner finished writing stuffs and handed Eunji the envelope. As she opened it her eyes widen upon seeing the excess.

“Ma’am this is-“

“Take it Eunji. It’s lacking compared to your hard work here. I want you to live a happy life with your future husband.” the shop owner held both of Eunji’s hands to express thankfulness which made the younger smile. It was so hard quitting the jobs where she found a family but she needs to comply with the new job she has.

Their talk was interrupted when the door chimed making them turn to look who entered.

“Welco- Junmyeon.” Eunji was about to greet the so-called costumer only to see him enter the shop.

“Hi. Good afternoon.” Junmyeon greeted her and the shop owner. The owner stood up with eyes wide as she looks at Junmyeon from head to toe.

“He looks like a fine man. Is he your future husband? He looks like a good catch Eunji, I’m happy for you.” the owner said as she even patted Eunji’s shoulder making her blush. Junmyeon can only look down with a pink tint on his cheeks. He didn’t intend to meet Eunji’s boss this way.

“Oh and by the way, I am Eunji’s boss here, take good care of her, she’s already like our daughter.” The owner said as she offered a handshake with Junmyeon.

“I am Junmyeon. Kim Junmyeon. You can trust on me with that, I will take good care of her.” Junmyeon replied which made the owner smile, she needed that assurance.

Eunji on the other hand can feel her heart dwell with what Junmyeon said. He sounded so genuine.

“Alright, I won’t hold you back for long. I think you couple are going somewhere.” Couple. That made the air between the two a bit awkward.

“Eunji, always remember to visit and call okay?” the shop owner said as they shared a last hug before finally bidding goodbye.

 

 

“I suddenly feel guilty for taking you away from your families.” Junmyeon tried to shake away the awkward atmosphere as he started to drive.

“You didn’t… I think it was a right choice. I get to take longer rest than the usual. That’s what I have needed for these past years.” Eunji replied with an assuring tone.

“Where do you want to eat lunch then?”

“Let’s grab what you want. I chose where to eat yesterday.” Eunji replied with a giggle. If there’s one thing that is hard for them… that is basically to know what to eat and where to eat.

“Should we follow my lead today?”

“I think that’s the case.”

 

And so they ended up eating on a Mexican restaurant.

“Do you want to go shopping?” Junmyeon asked as they started to roam around the mall.

“Shopping? Why so sudden? You look normal though.” Eunji replied as she look at him from head to toe, he’s on a casual wear though Eunji can actually mistake him as a model with the way he wears clothes, a rich man indeed.

“Not me, you. I mean, that came out all of a sudden honestly… it’s just that, when I accompany my mom and grandma on this kind of strolls, they would usually go on shopping so I was thinking if you’d want to do the same.” Junmyeon innocently replied which made Eunji nod. She doesn’t go on shopping though, she shops when she seriously needs new clothes. She’s lucky enough to have a best friend like Naeun who gives her stuffs or co-workers who give her clothes on special days or her birthday.

“Come on Eunji, I think you’ll like it. Let’s go?” Junmyeon seemed ecstatic with his idea as he didn’t even wait for her to reply and instead, hold her hand and pulled her towards the department store. He found it odd but he liked it. He has been doing this the past days, from holding her wrist to holding her hand. He hopes to intertwine their fingers soon.

 

“Come on, you can start looking around, I’ll be following you.” Junmyeon tried to give her a little push as shyness and unsureness is plastered on her face.

“Mr. Kim you’re here! And you’re not with your mom or your grandma…” one saleslady approached them.

“I’m with my girl, will you help us out? We don’t really specifically have anything in mind, just some new wardrobe stuffs.” Junmyeon instructed the saleslady as she smiled and eyed Eunji who was keeping her sil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter