SIXTEEN

We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIXTEEN

 

Junmyeon's getting worried of Eunji. They left the board room after he has introduced her to Sang Bum as he noticed that she seemed unwell.

 "Eunji tell me what's wrong." Junmyeon reached for her hand while he drives. She's been silent since the car ride started.

 "Nothing." She finally uttered a word.

 "You've been pale since we left the aviation, is there something wrong?" He asked again as he spared her a glance.

 "Nothing, maybe I'm just hungry." She lied which made Junmyeon sigh.

 "You only a few this morning since you were to nervous. Where do you want to eat lunch then?"

 "Let's just go home, I'm thinking of cooking something since I'm satisfied with what I did." she tried to smile as she looks at him to remove the worry on his face.

 "I think I like that." He replied with a smile.

 Eunji's  jaw tighten as she turned to look at the window whith her hand still holding Junmyeon.

 Why must things be complicated when everything is falling to place?

 

When they arrived in the unit, Eunji tried to lift her mood up as she cooks for Junmyeon, she just hopes that nothing changes with the taste.

 "So, what do you think of them?" Junmyeon asked as they started eating.

 "The board I mean."

 "They're good, most of them are very welcoming." Eunji stares at her food when she replied.

 "Most of them are trusted employee from the airlines and the telecommunications... Some just has this aloof personality but I think you'll be fine." Junmyeon explained.

 "I can see that..."

 "Sang Bum..." Eunji tightened her jaw.

 "He's quite busy with their company but his father is a good friend of dad and he trusts him so he took the academics spot."

 "I see... He seemed... Quirky."

 "I don't know. We're not actually that good friends... I actually think we have a love and hate relationship but all is good as long as he takes good care of the aviation." Junmyeon continues to munch in their lunch without him noticing the change in Eunji's expression.

 After lunch, Junmyeon said he'll do the washing while Eunji can rest. She then headed to their room.

 

Eunji gather yourself up, don't act stupid.

 

As if on cue, her phone rang.

 

"Eunji!"

 "Naeun...."

 "How was it?" Her best friend excitedly asked.

 "It was good." Not.

 "Good but you sound lifeless. Tell me..." Naeun immediately noticed the way Eunji talks.

 "I am not fine...." She sighs.

 "Eunji, tell me." Naeun sound worried.

 "I saw him."

 "Who?"

 “Him.”  This time she gave more emphasis making Naeun gasp from the other line.

"What happened? What is he doing there?"

"He's the VP for academics of the aviation... And he acted like he doesn't know me at all." Eunji's jaw locks with the thought of the earlier event.

"And you?"

"I don't know, I got shock."

"What a small world..."

Small world indeed.

 

 

 

"You seemed so tired, did the meeting exhaust you?" Junmyeon asked as he sat on the bed while Eunji's lying flat on her stomach.

 "I'll start working next week right? Will you be there?" Eunji asked.

 "I'll be there but I can't promise to stay since the airlines need me. Don't worry, you'll be fine... and I asked Sehun to tell the HR to hire a good secretary for you and you have the best team." Junmyeon replied as he lied down and face her while resting his head to his palm.

 "Aughh." She buried her face on the pillow making Junmyeon laugh.

 "'Come on wife, it'll be fine." He caresses her hair as she lifted her head up.

 "And besides, I'll tell Sang Bum to look after you-"

 "No!" Eunji snapped which made Junmyeom raise a brow.

 "I mean I can manage, I don't want to bother anyone..." Eunji tried her best not to stammer as Junmyeon caressed her hair again.

 "Okay, whatever you say wife."

Oh dear Lord, help me.

 

-

 

"This is the office of your department." Junmyeon then opened the door. People inside stopped what they were doing and greeted them.

 "Eunji, this is Wendy, your secretary.” Sehun introduced the woman who stood beside her. She beamed and bowed at Eunji.

“Good morning Mrs. Kim.” She greeted, it made Eunji’s heart skip. Mrs. Kim.

Junmyeon then proceeded in introducing Eunji to the other staffs. They then promised Eunji that she got her loyalty and Eunji in return promised a good working environment for everyone.

 

“How do you like it so far?” Junmyeon asked as they entered Eunji’s personal office. It’s not that wide since he knows that Eunji wouldn’t like it but he made sure it’s a bit homey with the color, couches, coffee maker and such.

“It’s really beautiful in here, thank you.” Eunji replied as she touched Junmyeon’s arm to express her gratitude.

“Anything for you.” Junmyeon beamed.

They stayed inside the office for several more minutes until Sehun came back and said that they need to leave since Junmyeon has a meeting to attend.

“I’ll fetch you later, we’re going somewhere.” Junmyeon said which made Eunji pout.

“You don’t have to do it, I can manage myself, don’t worry.” Eunji didn’t want to bother anyone so she hopes that Junmyeon would let her go to office and home on her own.

“I insist, just for this day, promise.” Junmyeon even raised his right hand which made Eunji nod.

“Okay, just for this day.”

 

After Junmyeon and Sehun left, Eunji immediately gathered her team and discussed important matters to them. After the opening party of KJM Aviation, they’re going to start to accept enrollees and even just now, with a good PR team, KJM Aviation is already getting well known to people as they start to get inquiries and reservations.

When the meeting ended, Eunji called Wendy to her office as she gave her few reminders and wanted to get to know her more.

“Would that be all ma’am?” Wendy asked which somehow made Eunji cringe. Since this morning, people have been calling her, ma’am, miss, madam and it’s making her feel awkward.

“Wendy.”

“Yes ma’am?”

“Can you call me by my first name?” Eunji innocently asked which made Wendy’s eyes widen.

“I’m afraid I can’t do that ma’am... I mean, you’re our boss here, you are Mr. Kim’s wife, that would be a total disrespect if people hear that.” Wendy politely replied.

“But I’d like to be called Eunji…” she muttered.

“Then I’ll call you Ms. Eunji, would that be fine?” Wendy suggested which somehow worked on Eunji’s ears.

“Much better. Thank you Wendy, you can go out now.” and her secretary excused herself.

Being alone inside the office, Eunji felt awkward, everything seemed new to her. Who would have thought that from working five jobs a day, she’s turn into a Vice President of Aviation?

She her laptop which was actually bought by Junmyeon during the time she was struggling with her thesis and she was shy to borrow his laptop. A smile formed on her face seeing the wallpaper, it’s a photo taken during their wedding, it looks so aesthetically pleasing and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter