NINE

We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NINE

 

Eunji took a deep breath before going out of the walking closet. After they came from the cafe, Eunji noticed that Junmyeon seemed to be in a bad mood, it's the first time she saw him like this so when he asked if where does she want to go, Eunji suggested for them to just go home, watch movie and she'll cook dinner. It's a good thing that Junmyeon was fine with it.

During the movie, they have exchanged a few words but they were so into it that they were able to exchange words again after the movie. Eunji can still feel that something is wrong with him even if he responds to her well.

She made a simple meal for dinner and some sweets. She still doesn't know what is the right meal to cook for the man as he's pretty strict with his diet, all she knows is that, he loves eating chicken because of protein.

"Junmyeon." She called his attention from reading a book on their bed.

"Yes?" He removed his eyes from the book revealing him wearing reading glasses which Eunji finds attractive every time she sees him wear it.

"I hope you don't mind..." She then sat down on her side of the bed.

"What is it wife? Should I worry or?"

Eunji sighed.

"It's fine if you don't want to talk about it but... I am curious with Se Young... But if you don't want to-"

"You wanna talk about her now?" Junmyeon placed the book at the bedside table together with his glasses.

 "If you don't want to we can just-" Eunji sounds panicked as she thinks she hit the wrong button now.

 "No it's fine Eunji, go on, ask me." Junmyeon said as he smiled. Eujui fidgeted before she finally spoke.

 "Who is she? I mean, I know she's the daughter of your biggest investor whom he wants you to marry that's why we had this deal."

 "Se Young? Well, she's a friend from the university. She’s my batch mate. We got to know each other after being introduced on a company party. There's not really much about her or us since she's honestly out of our league. Jongin and Sehun don’t really like her since she's too blunt and can sometimes be tactless." Junmyeon paused as he tried to think of what more to say.

 "Is there anything more that you are curious about?" He faced her.

Did you like her? Eunji wanted to ask but she can't find the courage to do so. Instead she just smiled at him as she reached for his hand, she seldom initiate skinship but she thinks that she needs to do it now.

 "Nothing more. I just have one question left." She replied. She can feel Junmyeon tighten his hold.

 "I'll try to answer anything for my wife." And there he goes again.

 "What's wrong?" She decided to focus the conversation on him more.

 "What do you mean?" His brows creased.

 "I noticed that you're not in the mood since we left the cafe... Is there something wrong? Do you want to talk about it?" Eunji asked making Junmyeon awkwardly chuckle as response.

 "Was I that obvious?" He asked.

 "Okay I'm sorry, I was honestly preoccupied by Se Young, I was afraid that she'll come to you often since she already knows that you're working there." Junmyeon finally confessed what was going on in his mind.

It made Eunji pout.

“So you were worried about me?”

“Of course, you’re my wife and I don’t want her to bother you while you’re working. Se Young has a character that we can’t really figure out so we don’t know if what she’ll think of doing… not that she can harm you physically but her tongue can sometimes really be….” Junmyeon sighed as he doesn’t really know how to describe his batch mate.

“Hey, don’t worry. I can take care of myself okay? She can’t do anything, we’re married and I got this.” Eunji raised her hand to show her ring.

“You’re wearing it.” Junmyeon smiled.

“Of course, I have to… and I want to.” Eunji smiled at him. It made Junmyeon adjust his position.

“Wife.” he calls her.

“Uhm?”

“Can we like… try something?” Junmyeon asked and it made Eunji innocently look at him.

“What is it?”

“Can we like… cuddle? I mean… I don’t know… what am I saying… ah…” Junmyeon stuttered as he can feel his cheeks burning. He just wanted to hug Eunji on their sleep as it is almost a month since they got married and sleeps on one bed but they seemed to not really get to hold each other on their sleep. It seemed like there’s an invisible pillow that separates the bed. At night, the closest skinship they can have is their feet brushing with each other.

Eunji smiled upon seeing him blush as she adjusts her position on the bed and slowly rested her head on his chest. It feels so warm, so wide, she likes it.

Junmyeon gulped as he hang his hand loose on her shoulder as he snuggled her closer to his chest.

“Did you want to try this for a long time?” Eunji asked as she circled her arm around his waist. She can feel butterflies in her stomach as she can’t help not to smile with their position.

“Yeah… it feels good to have you this close.” Junmyeon replied which made Eunji chuckle as she buried her face on his chest as she mumbled words that Junmyeon can’t understand.

“What did you say?” he laughs.

“Do you know that you have this skill of leaving girls speechless?” Eunji repeated as she lifted her head to look at him meeting Junmyeon’s eyes that’s looking at her. He laughed again.

“I don’t know… do I leave you speechless?”

“You have no idea.” Eunji muttered as she snuggled closer. She feels so safe and home in his embrace.

“With this kind of actions, do we pass as boyfriend and girlfriend?” Junmyeon suddenly asked.

“I don’t know, what do you think? Do you do this with your past girlfriends?” Eunji asked in a teasing tone.

“I don’t… I don’t even invite my past girlfriends in my unit…” Junmyeon replied as if it’s the easiest thing to share. It made Eunji smile, this guy is really serious with her.

“How about you? Do you do this too?” Junmyeon asked back.

“Having five jobs a day seven times a week just to eat three meals a day… do you think I still have time to do that?” Eunji asked with a little laughter. It made Junmyeon scrunch his nose.

“I still can’t believe you were doing that for years…” Junmyeon said in a soft tone, it made Eunji look up to him again.

“I had to, I was paying debts and trying to live so I need to do it. Thanks to you I’m experiencing the luxury of rest.” Eunji smiled as she rested her head on his chest again.

“I promise you won’t experience that again…” Junmyeon whispered as he lowered his head and kissed her head.

“Let’s be together for a long time Eunji…”

It made Eunji smile.

“We will Junmyeon… we will.” She snuggled closer as she closed her eyes. She knows she’ll have one of the best sleeps in her life.

 

-

 

“What do you call Junmyeon?” Krystal asked as she placed the flour in front of Eunji. She called her to come over their place to help her bake some cupcakes as she’s bored. It’s good that it is Eunji’s day off.

“Call?”

“Jagiya? Oppa? Babe? Baby? Sweetheart? Darling?... I hear him call you wife though… so is it, husband?” Krystal replied as she’s busy pacing back and forth on her own kitchen while Eunji sits on the counter. It made her think, she really doesn’t have anything to call Junmyeon.

“I call him Junmyeon.” Eunji sounded shy saying that making Krystal laugh.

“Why? Are you shy? Jongin and I calls each other darling, but when I coo on him, I call him Nini…” Krystal blushed saying that but she sounded happy making Eunji smile.

“I don’t know… I really have no idea what to call him, I’m settled with Junmyeon.” Eunji lied. She had days where she thinks of stuffs to call him but she’s afraid that she may sound awkward or something.

“Well that depends on you though, let’s just get on with baking so you can bring some later.” Krystal finished the topic as she handed Eunji the eggs. The later just nod but had her entire thoughts in the topic.

 

-

 

“Hi!” she greeted the moment he entered the unit. When she heard the entrance key being pressed, she rushed to the door to welcome him. He received a message from Sehun earlier that Junmyeon had a rough day in the company as Mr. Lee became a throughout the meeting.

“How’s your day?” she gently asked as she pulled his bag from him, he looked tired.

“Quite rough but its fine. Did you enjoy your day with Krystal?” Junmyeon replied with a sigh. If this was a typical day back then, he could have just rushed to his room and throw his body to the bed, but now is different, he got a wife waiting for him.

“I can see that, let’s eat dinner and get you rested okay? I had fun with Krystal, I brought some cupcakes we made too.” Eunji replied as she placed his bag on the couch and pulled him to the dining table.

“Wow, that’s a lot.” Junmyeon is surprised to see food she prepared.

“Not really, I already gave Mrs. Cho their part too, we can just keep them on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter