FIVE

We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FIVE

Eunji stares at the ceiling. Two weeks after Junmyeon’s proposal, she’s finally meeting her future in-laws and she feel like dying with the thought. To add on that, after meeting Jongin and Krystal a week ago, the wedding proposal had its kick-start and she’s got no idea on what is happening around her now.

 

“I still can’t believe I’m meeting them now.” Naeun said as she held Eunji’s hand tighter making her best friend smile. They came from her house to have a bit of dressing up in order to look good infront of Junmyeon, his brother, his brother’s girlfriend and best friend, Sehun.

“Everything is going to be fine…. I hope.” Eunji whispered. She told Naeun a few stuffs about her and Junmyeon. She and Junmyeon agreed that they’ll just give a few months addition to their story so it wouldn’t look faked and rushed.

As soon as they entered the restaurant, Eunji immediately spotted her ‘fiancé’. He gave her a small wave which she returned as she pulled her best friend to the table.

“Hi, sorry we’re late.” Eunji then greeted everyone.

“We just came earlier than the usual to put the order but you’re not late.” Sehun said as he stood up and made way for Naeun to sit, it made the woman blush.

“Hi.” Junmyeon stood up and gave Eunji a kiss which surprised her but immediately shook it off. After the proposal, Junmyeon asked her if they can act like the usual couple does, hug, kiss, hold hands and Eunji said it was fine as she wanted to try it with him too.

“Jongin, Krystal, this is my fiancée, Jung Eunji, Eunji he is my brother, Jongin and this is Krystal, his wife.” Junmyeon formally introduced her as she bowed at them for respect. The two immediately stood up and shook hands with her. Junmyeon can’t help not to note in his mind how quick he introduced Eunji, they didn’t even went on a ‘this is my girlfriend’ but in their kind of situation, he thinks its fine.

“It’s nice to finally meet the special girl on my hyung’s life.” Jongin said as he smiled at her.

“I’m telling you, Jung is a bloodline of beautiful faces. It’s nice meeting you Eunji.” Krystal said with a smile which made Eunji smile as well.

“You’re saying that because you’re a Jung. Tsss.” Sehun hissed from his seat which made Krystal roll her eyes making them laugh.

“This is my best friend, Naeun, she’s the closest family I have. Naeun, this is Sehun, you heard earlier that this is Jongin, Krystal…. And my fiancé, Junmyeon.” Eunji introduced them to Naeun who smiled and bowed at them.

“It is nice to meet you all.” She greeted as she exchanged handshake with them.

“Should we settle and ask the waiter to bring the food? I hope you two don’t mind that we ordered ahead… Naeun don’t worry, I asked Eunji if you have any allergies so we can scrap that out from tonight’s course.” Junmyeon said as they sat down which made Naeun whisper a soft thank you. She’s becoming uneasy with the fact that someone in front is stealing glances at her in the person of Oh Sehun.

“Since you guys are already engaged, did you start planning your marriage already?” Krystal started the conversation.

“Yeah, you should start out planning… unless you want mom to plan this out.” Jongin said as he gave a teasing look to Junmyeon which made the older roll his eyes.

“We’re just busy with some stuffs… but we have applied for marriage already.” Junmyeon replied. Eunji then tried to hide her blush. On their way home on the day that Junmyeon proposed, he asked her to get something from the compartment; it was an envelope consisting of the papers for marriage application.

“And, Eunji and I don’t want it to be something really big, a simple and private one would be enough.” Junmyeon added as he eyed Eunji who nod.

“Hyung, I know you want that, but thinking about auntie, when she finds out about this, I doubt you can pass…” Sehun butted in.

“Yeah, and even grandma, you know how much she wants you to get married. I can clearly remember how she pestered you on me getting married first… that was epic.” Jongin recalled on his marriage with Krystal. Junmyeon’s older but he got married with Krystal the moment he finished his masters as it was not just agreed by them but the family as well. They were already a match since then.

“When do you plan to tell auntie about this though?” Krystal asked.

“Soon.”

“Then we still have time to prepare.” She excitedly squealed which confused the people around her.

“Prepare what?”

“We can start doing some preparations for your wedding, in that case, when auntie knows about it, she’ll not have much say since the plan is plotted already. Don’t forget you got one of the best organizers in town.” Krystal proudly replied. It’s true, Krystal leads an event organizing group right after she graduated. She has organized a lot of events making her name known by a lot of people. Junmyeon can only shake his head as he forgot about it.

“Oh, I don’t know but I think I can also help out with that…” Naeun timidly offered as this is one of her favorite thing to do as well. She likes organizing and their family owns a restaurant that offers catering services so she’s hands on to that.

“See hyung? You can have a kick start of the wedding preparations already… you and Eunji wouldn’t even have much problem since you got my girlfriend and Eunji’s best friend to hand stuffs, right girls?” Jongin jived in.

“Right!”

Eunji and Junmyeon can only exchange looks. This is really it.

 

“Why do I look weird?” Eunji’s anxiety is going on a different level as she checks herself out on the mirror making Naeun pull her to sit.

“Stop saying that, you look so pretty, you look perfect! This is your day!” Naeun said as squeezes her shoulder for encouragement.

“I’m nervous…” Eunji whispered.

“Don’t be… you were fine with Jongin and Krystal, they like you and they’ll be there when you meet Junmyeon’s parents so don’t worry. Just text or call me if something bad happens.” Naeun assured her.

“What if they don’t like me? I mean, what if they think me and Junmyeon are together for a short time? And that we can’t be married just like that… I mean…-“

“Look at Krystal and Jongin, they got married six months after their relationship, don’t say that. I bet they support this kind of practice.” Naeun’s not sure if what is she blabbering to her best friend but she just hopes that it works as she can feel Eunji’s hands are getting cold.

“Naeun! Someone’s outside looking for Eunji!” their housemaid called making her pull Eunji to stand up once again.

“You look perfect, just be yourself and you’re going to be fine. Trust me, now let’s go.” Naeun said as she then pulled Eunji out of her room. The bride-to-be has no idea what is going to happen next, all she can do is pray for this to end well.

 

Junmyeon’s lips curved into smile seeing Eunji come out of the gate. She looks stunning.

“You’re beautiful.” He unconsciously blurted making Eunji blush.

“I know she is, now time for you to calm her nerves up… she’s too nervous.” Naeun said as she gave Eunji a little push towards Junmyeon.

“Why? I told you my family is not what you think, they’re not like those chaebol families you see in K-dramas…” Junmyeon tried to assure her again. Truth is, the moment he told his family that he’s going to let them meet his fiancée, everyone can’t believe Junmyeon gave them a little of their back story and even showed Eunji’s picture to them. That very moment, his mom and grandmother fell for her beauty. His father on the other hand congratulated him. He even told them about her being an orphan and not coming from a well-off family and her family didn’t mind so he’s hoping that Eunji’s going to loosen up soon.

“And Junmyeon, take good care of her. I’m not gonna think twice in going after you if she cries after this.” it made Junmyeon laughed, Naeun is really something.

“I will, don’t worry.” Junmyeon placed his arm around Eunji in assurance. It made blood rush to Eunji’s cheeks, why is the man so sweet to her?

 

 

“We’re here…” Junmyeon whispered as they entered a tall gate. It made Eunji turn silent. During the whole ride, Junmyeon tried to divert her attention by asking her about how she got hired in Sweetened Taste and how is her relationship with the owner, Minseok, his close friend. It worked as Eunji started to talk about it but maybe the anxiety of meeting his family never left her.

“Hey, come on, mom’s excited to meet you, everyone does… so cheer up.” Junmyeon tried to reach for her hand and gave it a small squeeze, she can only smile. If only it is that easy to calm down with the thought of meeting the owner of the biggest airline and one of the biggest cellular phone company.

“Welcome young master.” The valet greeted as Junmyeon handed the key. They stopped in front of a huge door.

“Good day Mr. Im.” He greeted. He then went to the front seat and opened the door to help Eunji come out.

“You ready?” he asked in a soft tone, that somehow comforted Eunji.

“Yeah…” she whispered.

“Let’s go.” He slowly reached for her hand, the next thing they know, their fingers are intertwine, something that Junmyeon’s been meaning to do.

 

“They’re here!” they can hear Krystal squealing as she approaches them. She immediately pulled Eunji for an embrace making Junmyeon smile, he can only hope that this calms Eunji down.

“Are you nervous? You shouldn’t be, everyone’s excited to meet you!” Krystal said as she placed her arm around Eunji as she escorted her inside leaving Junmyeon behind. A small tap made him turn to see his brother putting his arm around his shoulder.

“Some relatives came…” Jongin whispered making Junmyeon’s eyes widen.

“Some what?!-“ and before he can even process it in his mind, he can already hear some of his aunts cooing.

“Damn.” He hissed.

“It’ll be fine. I told Krystal not to leave Eunji’s side as she’s pretty new to everything…” Jongin patted his shoulder again, he can feel his blood boil, he can’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter