SIX

We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIX

“I’m sorry if we’re rushing this out… I hope you understand.” Junmyeon said as he gave Eunji’s hand as squeeze which just made the later smile.

“It’s fine… this is the main reason why we got together in the first place right? You don’t have to worry… I’m fine with everything, this is the main reason why you needed my help.” Eunji tried to give him an assuring smile but it seemed to change his mood more.

“But Eunji you know that everything I do is real-“

“Ssshhh…. I know. Stop worrying okay?” Eunji hushed him as she smiled again. Up until now, Eunji can’t understand herself, how did she enter this status again? she didn’t have a boyfriend but now she’s getting married in two days… who would have thought?

“Yaaah you two! I deserve a good pay after this.” Krystal said as she sat in front of the two making them laugh.

“I’m paying triple sister-in-law.” Junmyeon countered which made her roll her eyes.

“I still don’t get it… why did you ask us to finish the wedding preparation within two weeks… like… are you that in love and longing for each other to be in this rush?!” Krystal started whining. She was surprised to receive a call from Junmyeon telling her the date they chose for the wedding, she happily scanned the planner to write it out and was surprised that she only got approximately two weeks for it. If glares could kills, she could have sent Junmyeon to his death bed. Even Naeun was surprised but she was of good help to her.

“We actually planned to just file the marriage application without any wedding ceremony but I know everyone wants that…” Junmyeon replied which made her roll her eyes.

“Anyway, everything is settled. The gowns and suits, the venue, the entourage, the reception, everything’s covered.” Krystal said as she started checking her checklist again.

“Krystal, I wouldn’t know what to do without you and Naeun.” Eunji said as she reached for her hand on the table.

“No worries, I actually promised Junmyeon this since he helped out in our wedding preparation as well.” Krystal replied which made Eunji look at Junmyeon who was chuckling.

“He did?!” she asked in disbelief, it was out of his character in the first place.

“Jongin’s finishing up his masters that time, I had to sub.” Junmyeon explained.

“So consider this as a pay back.” Krystal batted her eyebrows.

 

Junmyeon can only recall the main reason why everything was rushed.

 

“Hyung, where are you?” Sehun’s voice sounded concerned which alarmed Junmyeon.

“I’m on my way to the office, why? Is there something wrong?”

“Everything’s fine with the airlines… but not with Mr. Lee.” Sehun’s reply made his brow crease.

“What do you mean?”

“This is final, Se Young’s coming home in two weeks and he’s announcing to everyone about your engagement with Se Young…” Sehun explained. Junmyeon literally pressed on the break hard.

“He what?!”

“He announced that you’re going to marry his daughter once she’s back…. Hyung I think hiding Eunji would be a bad idea…” Sehun replied.

“That old man is going nuts…. I’m two blocks away, let’s talk when I arrive there.”

 

Junmyeon told his family to keep his engagement a secret. The wedding is to be very private and only close family friends are invited… and that does not include Mr. Lee. He learned that the old man even requested for his financial report privately, he used his position being one of the biggest investor to do so giving a reason that he needs to know if there is no anomaly in the company.

 

“Eunji, I know this is sudden but I’m hoping for our ceremony to happen in two weeks.” Junmyeon said the moment Eunji entered his car. He moved his meeting for this afternoon to fetch Eunji and talk to her privately.

“Two weeks? Why so sudden? We can just postpone the wedding ceremony and go on with the filing…” Eunji replied as she tried to analyze things. It made Junmyeon give her a confused look.

“Why-“

“You wouldn’t rush the ceremony if the reason of this deal is bugging you right?” it made Junmyeon sigh.

“It doesn’t take two to understand the situation you know.” Eunji said with a smile.

“But-“

“Come on, I know we have created something more than just the deal that started this… but Junmyeon, I’ll never forget the reason as to why I’m doing this in the first place… so let’s get on with the wedding okay?” Eunji said with an assuring smile. Junmyeon suddenly feel so lucky, where can one find a girl like her? She’s in a middle of a situation where she likes the man in front of her and she knows that what’s with them is something special but she still needs to do her duties in order to fulfill the main reason of the deal… and that is for her to be his ‘wife’ in front of someone who wants to ruin his family’s company.

“Just tell Krystal and Naeun, I’ll be fine with anything. Just give me a heads up, I don’t want to meet the girl you’re supposed to marry in a middle of something you know.” Eunji even chuckled which made Junmyeon smile.

“Thank you for understand Eunji.”

 

Eunji stares at the paper she’s holding. It is the receipt that says she has already paid ¼ of the total loan. She was so surprised when the bank sent it to her last time, Junmyeon or even Sehun didn’t mention anything about it in the first place. She ended up calling Junmyeon to thank him endlessly as the man just kept on telling her that it is fine. Though she knows that it is a part of the deal, she’s still thankful, the man’s really true to his words. To add on that, she found out that money is entering her bank account and she knows that it’s still courtesy of Junmyeon because of her so-called salary to be his wife. She argued to him on this but Junmyeon insisted that she should just treat it as an allowance and even gave his parents as an example, his dad still gives his mother monthly allowance despite their age and status.

“I can’t believe I’m seriously leaving you.” she whispered as she touched the edge of the bed she’s been using for years. Tomorrow, she’s moving to the hotel where she’s going to be prepped for the wedding and then she’ll be moving to Junmyeon’s unit. His mother wasn’t really in favor of it but she insisted.

 

“Where do you plan to stay after marriage?” grandma Sun, Junmyeon’s grandma on his father’s side asked.

“There is this subdivision near-“

“I wanted us to stay on Junmyeon’s unit.” Eunji suddenly blurted which made all eyes to dart on her. It was another random word vomit but it is what she’s been thinking though he haven’t discussed this with Junmyeon yet as he obviously looked confused while looking at her.

“Junmyeon’s unit? but honey are you really going to live on his pub?” Nin asked.

“Mom, Jongin and Krystal are living on Jongin’s unit too! I think it’ll be fine.” Junmyeon saved her from answering since she wasn’t sure what to say too. The main reason that’s running inside her mind is that, she doesn’t want Junmyeon or his family to spend fortune and buy them a house somewhere extravagant, she thinks that Junmyeon’s unit is enough for both of them though she haven’t stepped in there yet.

“I can’t believe I’m letting my sons house their wife on a unit instead of a concrete.” Ju Min acted disappointed making the brothers laugh.

 

 

 

-

 

 

“Rise and shine, bride.” Eunji was shaken when someone jumped to her bed. She opened her eyes to see her best friend grinning at her.

“What-“

“Don’t act stupid there, get up and take a bath, the glam team is arriving soon, they can’t see you like that! It’s your wedding day! Go-go-go!” Naeun ordered as she pulled her up… and that sank in, today is her wedding day.

“But-“

“Go-go-go! I’m on the lead today, you have to follow me, bride.” Naeun said as she pulled her from the bed. Eunji had no choice but get up and drag herself in the bathroom.

 

As the water run on her body, she’s suddenly on deep thought. There is no turning back, she’s fulfilling the deal. She admits to herself that she likes Junmyeon, he’s really something…. and he even gave her a romantic proposal…. But that doesn’t erase the fact that they started from the plan of wanting this to be fake and such. Right now, she’s not really sure if what is going on between her and Junmyeon aside from the fact that she knows; they are both interested and well… likes each other. She’s not sure if what is in store for her after this day, all she’s sure about is that… she wants to know what will blossom between her and Junmyeon, she must have really fallen for this guy.

 

 

 

Junmyeon stares at himself in the mirror, he’s seriously getting married, no turning back. Truth to be told, he had some wedding jitters the other night, afraid that Eunji might back out and such but he trusts her, she will be there.

“Hyung.” It was Sehun.

“How do you feel?”

“Nervous.”

“You should be.” He laughed.

“Sehun.”

“uhm?”

“Have I thanked you already?” he faced the younger.

“Thank me for what?” Sehun confusedly looked at him.

“For finding Eunji, for giving me Eunji out of all the girls.” Junmyeon replied sounding so sincere which made Sehun smile.

“You really like her don’t you?” Sehun can’t hide his smile.

“I found her interesting at first, I never thought it would blossom into something else.” Junmyeon confessed.

“And she obviously feels the same way…”

“I’m actually glad that it turned out that way.” Junmyeon replied cheekily which made Sehun chuckle.

“It’s good that you’re going to have this marriage without the lie of liking each others at least.” Sehun patted his shoulder.

“I’m actually excited if what is instore for us after this…”

 

 

 

The whole of the wedding ceremony went by like a blur. They can’t exactly remember what happened, all they know is that they exchanged “I do” and listened well to the presider. Eunji can see on her peripheral how Naeun and her parents, who stood as her guardian, tear up seeing her getting married. She suddenly feels so special.

 

“You may now kiss the bride.” And that hit them both. They weren’t able to condition themselves with this one. Junmyeon can feel his fingers stiffen as he touched Eunji’s veil.

“Can I…” he whispered, the chapel was filled with people’s applause.

“I think so…” Eunji’s sure she’s blushing so hard right now. How can she forget to talk to herself to be prepared with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter