THREE

We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three

"So, I can assume that you had a good time with my boss." Sehun said as he gave Eunji a look.

"How can you say that?" Eunji simply asked after she settled the cake infront of Sehun.

"I just know..." Sehun sing song which just made Eunji roll her eyes as she walked away leaving Sehun who gave out a little smirk.

Eunji returned at the counter, trying to hide herself in case she's blushing. Eunji recalled how they ended that night.

 

"You can just drop me off here. Your car can't enter the alley." Eunji said as Junmyeon put the car on halt.

"Thank you for tonight. I really enjoyed. It’s been some time since I last went out like that." Eunji said as she opened the car. She was surprised when Junmyeon came out of the car as well.

"...why?"

"I'll walk you to your place." Junmyeon replied as he locked his car making Eunji's brow crease.

"But it's late." Eunji protested.

"Exactly, so I won't let you walk alone." Junmyeon replied as he started walking. It was dark; thank God the street lights are well lightened.

"But-"

"I can't believe you walk in this alley every night. Aren't you scared?" Junmyeon cut her off as he knows she's going to protest.

"I've been living this life for years after I left my parents' house because I can't maintain it... I just got used to it through time." Eunji replied as she catched up with him in walking.

"Eunji..."

"Uhm?"

"You do know you'll be living with me when we get married right?" Junmyeon isn't sure of it's the right time to talk about it but he decided to open the topic.

It made Eunji turn silent for a moment.

"I guess it'll be fine. I get adjusted on places quick so... Yeah." Eunji's voice was soft and unsure. It made Junmyeon stop walking.

"Eunji." He called her again making her stop and face him.

"Uhm?"

"You can tell me if you want to quit the deal. I can still help you with the house if you really need it." He blurted making Eunji's brows meet.

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't know....I feel like I'm making you awkward and uncomfortable. You might end up hating me when the marriage happens and such..." Junmyeon looked down.

"How can you say that?" Eunji got confused by his sudden words.

"Not that I'm stalking but you do know I got your records like you got mine right? And it says you're outgoing but the whole time we were together, you're silent, you're very timid and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable with me." Junmyeon finally said it. From the time they were inside the car to the time they ate dinner, he felt unsettled with Eunji's actions around him.

Junmyeon's statement made Eunji look down. She suddenly feels bad, she didn't mean to give him that kind of impression but she just can't help it. She doesn't want to give him a wrong impression about her so she tried to be careful, she didn't expect it'll give him such thoughts.

"I'm sorry about that." Eunji finally said as she tried to look up just to meet Junmyeon's eyes.

"I didn't mean to give you such impression... I was just being careful. I didn't want to make you think anything wrong about me and I ended up being awkward about it. I'm sorry." Eunji tried to apologize as she didn't break her eye contact with him.

"Then how do you find me then? I mean, after being with me for quite some time. Do you still want to continue or...?" It is obvious to Eunji that Junmyeon is being skeptical with this.

"I'll continue with the deal if that's what you're trying to ask Junmyeon. You got my word."

"Should I be honest then?" It made Eunji raise a brow.

"I think living with you for the next months would be fun. I honestly find you interesting Eunji." Junmyeon's words came out like water flowing which made Eunji's gulp. He was having an eye contact with her and she can feel his sincerity.

"Junmyeon... I...."

"Don't get me wrong. I just don't want to be like other guys who beat around the bush and I think you know that I’m quite a straightforward guy as stated on my record. I'm interested with you and I want to know if where that will take us. I hope you don't mind..." Junmyeon's words leave Eunji speechless as she can't find the right words to say. It was so sudden.

"And if you just want to consider what is between us as something that is part of the deal, I'll respect that. Just allow me to live with what I am feeling right now." Junmyeon continued. Eunji tried to think of words to say but her mind's blank and Junmyeon can obviously see the confusion and unsureness on her face which got him worried.

"I'm sorry. Was it too sudden? I-"

"Okay." Eunji finally uttered which made Junmyeon pause.

"Okay?"

"I... Well... I honestly find you interesting Junmyeon... So let's see if where this will take us. I can't promise you anything as you know my priorities... But we can always try." Eunji finally managed to reply. This made the worry on Junmyeon's face turn into a smile.

"I can hold on to that right?" It made Eunji smile. This guy is really something.

"Yes Junmyeon, you can." And that made them resume walking with casual glances to each other.

 

"This is the place where I rent. I'm afraid I can't invite you inside though." Eunji said as they stopped infront of a two story house. It looks so old but still livable.

"I'll just see you get in then. I know you still have to work tomorrow.... Or later. You should rest." Junmyeon replied as she helped her open the barricade.

"Goodnight Junmyeon. I'll see you next time." Eunji said as she faced him, she was surprised when he moved closer and her reflexes had her close her eyes. She waited for a moment and felt a hand caressing her head, it made her open her eyes to see him smile. She can feel her face burning. Why did she do that?! She wasn't expecting a kiss, was she?

"I'll see you next time Eunji. Goodnight and thank you." He said as he placed his hands inside his pockets. Eunji tried to smile to hide how awkward she is feeling right now. She then entered the barricade and locked it.

"Bye. Take care." She said as she turned around and walked towards the door. She turned around for the last time to see him smiling before she opened the door and entered the house.

 

-

"YOU WHAT???!"

"I have a boyfriend." Eunji repeated to her shocked best friend.

"IF THIS IS SOME KIND OF A JOKE JUNG EUNJI I AM TELLING YOU-"

"Son Naeun calm down! I am telling you the truth!! I have a boyfriend!" Eunji tried to calm her friend. It's good that the chicken shop has no delivery and costumer so she's just cleaning tables now.

"I just left for a short vacation. How did I miss this?! Who is he? Where does he work? Is he someone I know? Where did you meet him? How long did he courted you? What-"

"Do I actually have to give you his resume and other data?" Eunji tried to play it light. She was actually surprised that she has returned.

"But who is he?! I can't believe you hid it from me." Naeun pouted. She is her only best friend in the first place.

"He's a good man. I don't think you know him though. I'm sorry I kept it from you, I just didn't want to really talk about it... But yeah... we eventually got together so I'm telling you now. I'll have you meet him soon. Just not now, he must be busy." Eunji tried to explain as Naeun just conitnued to stare at her.

"He must be a good man for you to actually allow yourself enter a relationship..." Naeun became calmer which made Eunji smile as she nods. Well... Not everything she's saying now is a lie right? Junmyeon's a good man and as much as she wants to tell her best friend the truth, she doesn't want to go ahead of Junmyeon's plan. If she has to keep it from everybody then she will.

"You're smiling... So I'll try to let it pass. Now give me his name, I'll search for his sns." Naeun then took out her phone.

"I'll just let you meet him. He doesn't have any sns." Eunji replied though she's not sure, atleast that's a safe answer.

"I can't believe you're hiding from me!" And her ever dear best friend pouted again.

"Cut it out Son Naeun, I promise you, you'll meet him." Eunji gave her an asuring smile as she raised her brow.

"That better be soon. Don't wait for me to stalk you Jung... You know my skills." Eunji can only laugh.

"Two boxes of chicken wings!" One of Eunji's colleagues called as she walked towards the counter and took it.

"Here's your order. I bet auntie's waiting for it. Go now." Eunji said as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter