EIGHTEEN

We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EIGHTEEN

 

Junmyeon rolls over the bed only to find it empty. She must have left already. He scratched his eyes as he sat on the bed, he then glanced at the clock, 10:40, he overslept, what is work? Junmyeon then reached for his phone seeing several missed calls from Sehun who must be fuming right now, he chuckles as he did some stretching and got up.

Time to be useful.

He just returned from Busan last night and he’s too tired to face some crap so he purposely wanted to go on a half office day. When he arrived last night, as he expected, Eunji was sleeping on the couch. They shared a few words before they both doze off. He knows that Eunji must have left to the aviation already.

“Hello Sehun?”

“Hyung seriously?!”

“Sorry, I overslept, what’s going on?”

“Mr. Lee’s throwing some tantrums because of the airport issue in Busan, he’s asking for a board meeting and he wants you here at 1pm.” Sehun sighed making Junmyeon shut his eyes close.

“That man… okay, I’ll head off in a few, anything else?”

“I talked to the HR.”

“And?”

“Mr. Lee’s suggesting Se Young to join the company.”

“Damn.”

 

-

 

“Hyung, I’m so glad you arrived on time, I almost lost it.” Sehun threw his body on the couch inside Junmyeon’s office, what is company hierarchy for a secretary who had to deal with a 60 year old man throwing tantrums? Junmyeon can only chuckle.

“Mr. Lee’s still pushing Se Young on me though he knows I’m married, that man needs understanding.” Junmyeon shakes his head.

“Have you talked to the HR?”

“Yes, I came there personally, I reminded them one of the company’s unwritten rule. Even how close the person is to the family or someone high ranking recommended the person as long as the person is not capable, don’t hire. Simple as that.”

“When is Se Young leaving again? it’s much peaceful without her here in Korea, Mr. Lee seldom goes here as well.” Sehun whines as he can recall how the man went wild telling everyone that he wants to call for a board meeting to discuss what happened to the airport in Busan.

“She seemed to enjoy her stay here, let her be, I don’t want to deal with her now.” Junmyeon slouches on his chair.

“Sehun?”

“Yes hyung?” Sehun sat properly as he faced him.

“Can you do something to my schedule and clear out next week?”

“WHY?!” Sehun’s jaw almost drop, clearing his schedule is one of the most impossible thing he can do now.

“And can you book me a flight for two to Jeju? And contact the care taker of our vacation house there?” Junmyeon continues which made Sehun’s brow crease, today has been far more stressful for him and his boss is adding on the stress.

“WHY?” he asks again.

“I need some lone time with my wife, it’s almost a year since our marriage.”

 

-

 

“Wendy what happened to my schedule?” Eunji’s surprised when Wendy finished giving her a ran down of her schedule for next week. All she said was ‘Next week is free.’

“I can clearly remember I’m meeting with the cashiers next week, I almost have a meeting with the bank-“

“Sir Sehun called me earlier and instructed me to clear your schedule, all meetings were moved Ms. Eunji.” Wendy replied which made Eunji’s brow crease.

“Sehun?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Can you excuse me for awhile?”

“Certainly.”

The moment Wendy went out, Eunji immediately reached for her phone and dialed Junmyeon’s number.

“Hi wife!”

“Why did Sehun ask Wendy to clear my schedule next week?”

“Oh, I  forgot, your leave is approved as well.” Junmyeon sounded teasing which made Eunji’s brow crease.

“Excuse me Mr. Kim? I never asked for a leave.”

“I filed it, I approved it, we’re going somewhere next week wife… no is not an option. Now I need to go, I have a meeting in five minutes, see you later!” and just like that, he ended the call.

What’s up with this man?!

 

 

-

Eunji can almost swear on herself as she realized something.

It’s our first wedding anniversary next week. Damn you for forgetting!

“We’re heading to our private vacation house in Jeju… I wanted us to go out of the country but that’ll require longer days of leave and we can’t afford that, even just a week leave is already a struggle for our secretaries.” Junmyeon chuckles as he hands Eunji the ticket.

“Do we really have to go?”

“We have our ticket.”

“I mean, we can just celebrate it here…”

“But I want us to go somewhere, we’ve been married for almost a year and we haven’t gone out of proximity. We’ll have some fun there, I promise.” Junmyeon holds her hand and gives it a squeeze as he smiles, it melts her heart.

“Okay fine, as if I can do something with the presence of this?” Eunji even raised the ticket making Junmyeon chuckle.

 

-

 

“You mean they left last night to Jeju?” Naeun asked in disbelief as she seats in front of Sehun after serving his order. He came to eat in their restaurant.

“Well yeah, they’re going to celebrate their anniversary there… and a honeymoon perhaps.” Sehun replied as he started his feast.

“And that girl didn’t even in form me.” Naeun sulked making Sehun chuckle as he glances at her.

“Maybe Eunji doesn’t want you to .”

“But still! She should have at least told me so I wouldn’t be surprised if she comes home with a bloated stomach claiming she’s pregnant.” Naeun’s statement made Sehun choke on his water.

“Oh my God are you okay?!” she handed him some tissue making Sehun chuckle. That thought actually didn’t pass his mind. He then realized that Junmyeon even instructed him not to give him a call if it’s about work. So he must have some goals on this trip… I see what you did there hyung.

“Eunji’s gonna get it when she comes back.” Naeun even crossed her arms on her chest making Sehun chuckle.

“Let the couple have their moment for now, they needed this.”

 

-

 

Eunji can feel something blowing on her cheek that tickles.

“Urgghh…” she tries to push his face away but his hug on her waist tighten.

“Junmyeon let me sleep.” She mumbles.

“Time to get up, breakfast is served.” He continues to bother her. She can only make face as she opens her eyes to be welcomed by such a handsome sight. Since they arrived last night, Junmyeon has been extra playful and sweet to her sending butterflies on her stomach. It’s been a year but his effect on me is still the same.

“You’re hopeless.” She hissed as she sat down making Junmyeon chuckle.

“Get up now, you said you wanted to try jet skiing, I reserved one for us today so we should get ready.” Junmyeon said which actually lifted her mood. Eunji did some stretches on the bed as she let Junmyeon drag her from the bed and out to the dining area. She wasn’t able to see the entire vacation house last night but the room itself is already impressive. The caretaker welcomed them warmly as well.

“Sir Junmyeon, the instructor called and said that you can just give him a call when you’re on your way to his place.” the caretaker said.

“Okay, thank you Min.” he then helped out Eunji with her plate and they started a feast.

“What’s the i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter