TWO

We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWO

Eunji can only gulp with the silence between them. Five minutes ago, she came out of the employee’s room and was surprised not to see Sehun on his usual spot, instead, he saw a man’s side profile who is currently seated there. He’s Kim Junmyeon. Eunji took small steps towards the table and immediately bowed.

“Hello Mr. Kim, I am Jung Eunji. It’s nice to meet you.”

This actually startled the young OIC as he looked up. After hearing Eunji’s introduction, he immediately stood up and bowed to her.

“Hello, I’m Kim Junmyeon.”

“Would you some drinks?” Junmyeon awkwardly asked as he can’t look into her eyes. He doesn’t know why but he feels like his heart is beating so fast now.

“No thank you Mr. Kim, I am working here and ordering means a minus from my salary which you know, I cannot risk.” Eunji declined making Junmyeon finally look at her as their eyes met but Eunji immediately looked away. It was a quick moment but it made Junmyeon gulp as he reached for a tissue on the table to fiddle with it. He never thought this day would come that he’ll feel nervous in front of a girl.

“But I will pay for it, it’s not like I’m not the one who offered.” Junmyeon was about to call one of the waiter but Eunji stopped him again.

“No Mr. Kim, it’s fine really. I’m fine.” Eunji insisted making Junmyeon look at him and sigh in defeat.

“If you say so, and one more thing, call me Junmyeon.” He replied as he reached for his drink and took a sip.

“Junmyeon.” Eunji repeated.

“Thank you for accepting the offer.” Junmyeon finally said as he leaned his elbows on the arm rest and crossed his fingers.

“You do know I wouldn’t be doing it if not because of my problem financially… but I guess I have no choice. Sehun was so persistent and I was in need.” Eunji explained her side as she continues to divert her gaze to other stuffs. She doesn’t know but she just can’t look at him in the eyes. That quick stare earlier sent shivers on her spine. She must have really developed a certain crush on the guy after spending time reading the profile Sehun gave her and did some random search about him before her sleep.

“Whatever the reason is, still, thank you.” Junmyeon gathered his courage to look at her in the eyes and he’s lucky for Eunji looked up having their eyes meet again. This time they continued to stare as if trying to understand and talk to each other through their eyes, they must say that there was a certain feeling that was developing between the stare.

“Excuse me. Do you need anything?” they immediately diverted their attention when a voice was heard courtesy of Pete.

“I don’t need anything sir, I don’t know with Mr. Kim… I mean Junmyeon.” Eunji immediately replied as she gripped her knees. If looks could melt, she must have melted seconds ago. There was something in Junmyeon’s eyes that captivated Eunji, it must really be a crush.

“I don’t need anything too, thank you.” Junmyeon gave him a smile as Pete nod and excused himself. It made Junmyeon clear his throat.

“I know this is fast but, when are you available?” Junmyeon suddenly asked which made Eunji’s brows meet.

“Available for?”

“We should go out. I don’t know, I think we need to so we can talk and get to know each other more, when I let you meet my family, they would be asking so much so we should be ready.” Junmyeon replied.

“I see… but I have no day off… I mean, I think Sehun has told you already right? I work five jobs seven times a week…” Eunji tried to look at him again and to her luck, Junmyeon was looking at her as well.

“Can’t you take day off or something? I bet you’ve been working for so long, they would definitely approve a day off or two…” Junmyeon sounded persistent. He didn’t plan this though, all he wanted was to meet her tonight, and that just came out randomly.

“Well… I’ll try.” Eunji timidly answered as she’s not sure if she’ll be granted by it. The tutoring session can be excused as the boys are going on a one week field trip but the others, she’s not sure.

“Okay then, can I have your number? I’ll give mine too so you can text me if you got a day.” Junmyeon then got hold of his phone. Eunji was about to reply when she realized how crappy her phone is now.

“Augh, I think we should just schedule a day then I’ll ask permission for that day, my phone is not in a good condition to even be used now so I think it’s safer that way.” Eunji replied, that made Junmyeon pause and look at her.

“If that’s the case… how about on Friday? Is that okay?” Junmyeon suggested which made Eunji think for a while then nod.

“I think that’s fine, where do we meet then?”

“I’ll just fetch you here, around 6pm, is that fine?”

“Okay, call.”

“Thank you again, Eunji.”

 

-

Eunji checked her appearance one last time. She doesn’t know but she’s been fidgeting the whole day. She can’t even remember how she did on her jobs for today. She was able to exchange duty schedule with one of her friends in Sweetened Taste.

“Stop acting like a high schooler Jung!” she scolded herself as she realized that she’s been staring at herself for some time already, trying to figure out if she’s good enough.

‘Wake me up and remind me why I entered this situation again. I’ll be going on a date with an airline’s OIC, the future CEO… wait Jung it’s not even a date! Damn! Remember, your parents’ house… your parents’ house…’ Eunji’s internal struggle is real as she adjusted her tuck. Since she doesn’t really have many clothes, she decided to wear a white oversized polo, a skinny jeans and heels that were given to her by her best friend, she just hopes that Junmyeon wouldn’t bring her to anything that needs something so formal or else she’ll melt.

“So you’re going on a date?” Eunji got startled by Pete’s sudden presence.

“Seriously sir?!”

“Well I just thought you’re going on a date, Mr. Kim is already outside, looking for you.” Pete announced then he went out leaving Eunji scramble. She immediately grabbed her bag and looked at herself for the last time before storming out of the employee’s room.

The moment she went out, there she saw him seated at the chair near the entrance while tapping his fingers on the table. She immediately felt butterflies in her stomach. The waitress gripped on her bag’s strap as she walked towards him. To her luck, Junmyeon turned to her direction.

“Hi.” She greeted timidly as she tried to suppress her smile. He looked so dashing even though she has seen him in suit last time, his looks never falters. He could even pass an idol with his handsome face. Eunji immediately shook her thoughts as she heard him talk.

“Ready?”

“Yes.”

“Let’s go.” Junmyeon smiled and lead the way as he opened the door for Eunji. The girl flashed him a smile as she went out. Junmyeon went to his car that made Eunji’s jaw drop, it was one of the latest model, she knows since she saw it in the television during her chicken shop duty, he’s indeed rich.

“Where are we going?” Eunji asked after she finished wearing her seatbelt.

“I didn’t really plan anything to be honest. I only have two places in mind then I don’t know, do you have any idea?” Junmyeon asked as he started the engine. This made Eunji think but of course, the nervousness of sitting inside the car of your so-called crush is eating her.

“Why don’t we go to the place in your mind then let’s see where we’ll go next?” Eunji suggested as Junmyeon glanced at her with a smile.

“Good idea, okay then.” Junmyeon then sped up his drive. He can feel his palm sweat over the steering wheel, he can’t believe he gave this date idea but he wasn’t able to make any further plans. Blame work.

The car ride was filled with silence, both afraid to start a conversation.

Eunji was surprised when they pulled over one of the most expensive street in Gangnam.

“I think we can start walking from here.” Junmyeon said as he removed his seat belt making Eunji gasp a ‘yes’ as she removed hers as well.

As they started walking, Eunji suddenly feel awkward but good. She silently checked him out and realized how much their height fits each other…. This made her close her eyes and shake her head. She should seriously stop day dreaming.

“We’re here.” Junmyeon suddenly announced making Eunji look at where he was heading, it was an expensive male clothing store, she then eyed him who was already at the door, opening it for her.

“Why here?” she can’t help but ask.

“I came to Sweetened Taste right after I finished my last meeting, I wasn’t able to change into something casual and I don’t want to go around looking like an old man with this attire.” Junmyeon answered as he started to look around. Eunji can’t help but smile as she found it cute. She gave another internal smack on herself. She can’t believe she just convinced herself that she’s really crushing on him.

“Junmyeon you’re here! Welcome.” A male person came over and shook hands with Junmyeon. Eunji feels like she’s a bi but she shrugged it off.

“Kwanghee! It’s nice to know you’re back.” Junmyeon immediately said.

“I know, France is good but my heart belongs to Korea you know.” Kwanghee replied as he even slap Junmyeon’s arm which suddenly made Eunji uncomfortable but she decided to shrug it off again.

“Oh wait, and you’re not with Sehun today, who is this beautiful girl over here?” Kwanghee noticed Eunji’s presence as he walked pass Junmyeon towards Eunji.

“Hi.” Eunji smiled at her, she doesn’t know how to introduce herself.

“She’s Jung Eunji…” Junmyeon said as Eunji nod, atleast he did introduce her.

“My fiancée.” Junmyeon finished his sentence making Eunji gulp as she tried to suppress her face from reacting too muc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter