TWENTY FOUR

We Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

TWENTY FOUR

Junmyeon came out of the conference room looking so exhausted. Dealing with elder people who act like they know so much about business just because they’re older than you can be very-very exhausting at times.

“Mr. Kim, is there something wrong?” Sehun asked as he noticed his boss massaging the bridge of his nose.

“Remind me again why I am doing this…” he mumbled which made Sehun silently chuckle. He can fully understand what he is feeling as he’s been with him for quite some time. From being his brother’s best friend to being his loyal secretary, Oh Sehun knows a lot and he feels lucky for that.

“Do you want me to get you some coffee from Minseok hyung or do you want to go to the Aviation?” Sehun offered which made Junmyeon pause and glance at him with a sneaky smile.

“You’re really making me proud that you’re my secretary.” He commented making Sehun laugh.

“Get the car ready, let’s go to the Aviation, I’d like to eat lunch with my wife.” Junmyeon continued as Sehun nodded in reply. Before, when he’s too stressed out, he would usually ask him to buy him a coffee from Sweetened Taste but now that he’s married, let’s just say that Minseok’s coffee is now placed second over the stuffs that comfort him, his wife’s on top of the list.

 

-

Eunji walks faster than the usual. She just came from the board meeting when she learned from Wendy that her husband is waiting in her office. She’s just thankful that Sang Bum’s not around today.

“What are you doing here?” she immediately asked the moment she entered her office. She’s aware that it’s still office hours and they agreed that they can only go out at the end of work time or sometimes sneak out for lunch but she can clearly remember that they did not talk about any lunch dates earlier.

“I just missed my wife… is it bad to pay a visit?” Junmyeon replied as he stood up and hugged Eunji. She’s about to ask another question when she felt different with his hug, he felt heavy, he seemed tired. He must be exhausted of work. She ended up soothing him up by rubbing his back.

“It must be tiring…” she whispered.

“They always talk as if they know everything… it’s tiring to control myself you know.” Junmyeon mumbled but she clearly understood. If there’s one thing she likes about this man, it would have to be the fact that he’s really respectful especially when it comes to those older than him. That’s why she knows that even how much the old members of the board looks down and pulls him down, he always makes sure to try his best in controlling his temper.

Junmyeon then broke the hug but continued to hold Eunji’s waist.

“Now, wanna go for a lunch date?” Junmyeon offered as Eunji looks at him knowingly.

“This lunch date means skipping the afternoon hours am I right?” Eunji asked which made Junmyeon chuckle.

“If it’s alright…” Junmyeon shyly replied gaining a slap on the best from Eunji.

“Is it alright if I go absent this afternoon….boss?” Eunji playfully asked as Junmyeon laughed.

“Yes.”

“Then let’s go~”

 

 

-

 

“This is so nice.” Eunji giggles as they walk hand in hand while walking in the streets of Seoul. They just finished their lunch and Junmyeon asked her to have some walk to properly digest what they ate.

“You really like this?” Junmyeon asked as he raised their intertwine hands which made Eunji nod.

“I never dreamed of a grandiose married life. Walking on the streets, occasionally having lunch dates are my kind of thing.” Eunji confessed which made Junmyeon nod.

“So, do we change our way of living soon?” he playfully asked earning a slap on the arm from Eunji.

“I am not saying that, the grace is in front of me, I’m not stupid enough to let go of this life even if I dreamed of a simple life you know…” Eunji replied as she glanced at him.

“And besides, without this life, I would have not able to meet you.” Eunji continued as Junmyeon smile. She can really be the cheesy on at times.

“I really like it when you’re like this.” Junmyeon said as he the back of his pointing finger to Eunji’s nose.

“Where do we go now?” Eunji asked as she wanted to change the topic. She doesn’t really like to be dubbed as the cheesy person in the relationship.

“Actually, there is another important reason why I asked you out today.” Junmyeon suddenly replied which made his wife’s brows to crease.

“What is it?”

“Let’s go!” and before Eunji can even reply, Junmyeon pulled her to where the car is parked.

 

 

-

 

“Junmyeon this is…” Eunji noticed the lot they are entering. Junmyeon just smiled as he reached for hand and held it.

“What are we doing here?” Eunji asked.

“You’ll know later.” Junmyeon then planted a soft kiss on her knuckles. She just nod and figured that they must be visiting someone.

 

Junmyeon parked near the place where a lot of mausoleum is located. He then exited the car and opened the door for Eunji.

"Let's go." Junmyeon said as he held her hand. Eunji's puzzled expression is amusing him but he just chose to smile. Eunji on the other hand tried her best to stay quiet and waited for Junmyeon to speak.

Eunji's brow raised when they stopped in front of a wide mausoleum with a huge "Kim" engraved on the wall.

Junmyeon noticed Eunji's expression as he faced her.

"Since I can't meet your parents yet, then I want you to meet my deceased family first." he finally explained, answering the curiosity of his wife. What he said made Eunji's heart dwell.

"Does this whole mausoleum belong to your family?" Eunji asked as Junmyeon guided her to the steel gate.

"Yes. My family line is the only Kim's in this cemetery." Junmyeon replied.

Junmyeon typed the pass key and the door opened. Eunji suddenly felt small upon seeing the family tree of Junmyeon inside the mausoleum.

"This was built before my great-great-great grandfather died. Then it was continued to be renovated until it was decided that all deceased in the family will be brought here." Junmyeon explained. Eunji remained silent and just nod, she doesn't know what to say, it’s overwhelming her.

"Come." Junmyeon's soft voice soothed her as he pulled her to give respect to the deceased. It took quite some time until they got back to their feet.

"Thank you." Eunji said with a soft smile as she can see a hint of sadness on Junmyeon's eyes after they paid respect.

"You're welcome.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter