Drama, Drama, Drama

자나깨나 니 생각 ~Always On My Mind~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Melanie was chilling in the basement hideout watching Ab Ruk Online, a Thai drama, and had just finished the second to last episode of the series. "Ahh, finally. The last episode. About fckn time. Now all the couples will finally work out." She muttered to herself happily as she stretched on the hammock that Changkyun had failed to show her earlier. "But my back hurts like a bish." She complained as she stretched once again. "Didn't think laying like this would hurt that much." She chuckled as she let the youtube playlist automatically continued onto the last episode playing on her tablet. "But sheesh man, Peter is one y man!" She fangirled with a giggle as the credits finished and the actual episode appeared with one of the main female characters talking to her male friend.

She paused her tablet to check the time out of curiosity. "Shiet. It's almost eight-thirty. I wonder if they're trying to find me right now." She checked her phone, but saw no notifications or missed calls. "Must be good since none of the managers have called nor have the uncles, either." Melanie told herself as she glanced around the room. "But I know that I'll deck this place out later though that's for sure. No way is this basement's usage going to waste. Gonna utilize this space and make it freaking amazing." She told herself proudly as she started to envision how things were set before her phone's ring tone snapped her back to reality as she stared at the caller ID to see who it was and smiled instantly.

"KATHERINE!" Melanie answered her mobile with excitement. "What's up, girl?" "MELANIE! Hey!" Katherine greeted back just as excited. "I'm good. You?" "Just peachy. Just hanging out in a secret hideout at the Seoul's STARSHIP." "Whoa, when did that place have secret hideouts?" "Dunno, but I know right? Serena didn't even mention these to us." "Well, technically, if you think about it, Serena never really worked at that location. She worked at the one in Boston for sure though and the one in Sydney." "True, true." Melanie agreed while shutting off her tablet. "So what you calling about? Aren't you busy with your tour?" "Nah, just flew in a while ago. Mom told me to come back for some reason and she'll have someone else take care of the rest of U-KISS' Japan Tour."

"Ah, I see. Are the boys having fun?" "Yeah. They've sold out on all their tours and we were able to add in more dates for other places. So happy for them." "I know right, me too. Anyways, so why you call? You're usually the one that never calls first. So what's up?" Katherine chuckled on the other line. "Well, I heard that Yeon came back the other day, too, so I thought we cousins could you know hang out tonight." "Well, Jaehwa, we're both working at the moment so I don't know if we can hang out right now." "Wait, you're both at STARSHIP?" "Nah, Rere's at MONBEBE while I'm at STARSHIP." "Oh, nice, Won, but yeah, seriously though. We haven't seen each other in like half a year. We totally need to hang out and get our drinking game on." "Haha, yeah! Dude, I found my favorite one. Gold!" "There's a yellow one?" "Yeah. It's bomb!"

"Well, so yes or no?" "Make that a yes." Melanie agreed with a laugh as Katherine joined in. "OK. So call up Chaeyeon and we can hang at my place. I'll pick up some other things on the way there." "Ohh, make sure you grab some Midori, Jae. And that Stella Rosa wine stuff." "Dude, because of uncle, I like wine now. It's total perfection." "You're telling me." "Anything else, Chaewon?" "Well, Jaehwa, when do you wanna meet? Like in half an hour?" "Yeah. Wait, you said that you're both working, right? Maybe another time?" Katherine asked unsure as she remembered. "Nah, it's all good. I'm just milking the clock here and Serena is probably, too. MONBEBE should be close and she said she needed a much needed drink when we ate at IOU Ramen yesterday."

"Dude, ramen sounds good." Katherine cooed at the mentioning of the noodles. "Ha, no Jae! We had ramen yesterday with Yoyo." "Oh, should bring Yoyo, too. I haven't seen her in half a year, either." "Liar, you saw her four months ago." "Not my fault we share the same birthday month." Katherine laughed as Melanie rolled her eyes with a smile. "Yeah, yeah, but you can see her later not while we're drinking. Also, I'll ask Yeon on what she wants to eat as she's usually craving something at around this time." "OK, cool. Well, just let me know if you want me to get anything else later. I'm sure I still have my other stash sitting there untouched. "Haha, I bet that you do." "Haha, I know right." "Anyways, I'll Yeon and let you know soon." "Alright. Bye." "Bye!" The cousins hung up as they went about with their plans to hang out.

"Hmm, unless Serena's closing, she may not be able to pick up. But knowing her, she'll have her phone with her when it's closing time." Melanie stated as she dialed her sister's number and it picked up on the second ring. "Hello?" Serena answered her phone a bit distracted. "Yo." Melanie let out indifferently as Serena's tone shifted into a neutral tone. "What?" "Kit-Kat's back in Korea." "Oh, really? Where did she go again?" "Japan for U-KISS' tour." "Ah, why didn't auntie tell me about that? I would have taken that job than fly to Sydney for Dad." "I'm gonna tell Dad." "What else is new?" Melanie heard the sarcasm in her older sister's voice. "Yeah, yeah, but anyways, Katherine says she wants to hang out right now. Can you?" "Uh..." Serena paused as Melanie waited.

She heard several pieces of paper being shuffled around and what sounded like things being put away into cupboards and drawers which were constantly being opened and closed a few times. "You there?" Melanie asked curiously, but more on the impatience side. "Yeah. Just needed to put stuff away. Anyways, Katty's back in Seoul, and she wants to hang out with drinks and stuff like old times?" "Basically. You down?" "Hell yeah. I need a drink. Pronto, man and Jae knows how to always hook it up." "Yeah, I asked her to get the Gold and Midori so far, oh and the Stella Rosa." "Psh, you and her addicted to wine now, but yeah no doubt about the Midori and Gold. Oh, can you ask her to pick up pizza? Like, pepperoni, cheese, sausage, and yeah the basic ones."

Melanie rolled her eyes at her sister's child-like demands. "You seriously want pizza?" "Yes. Dude, that's what I'm craving for the last half hour." Serena said in a soft time being a bit childish. "Pwease?" "Text her." "No. You tell her since you're the one that's telling me about it." "Then I'll just uninvite you." "That's fcuked up." "Not my problem." "Dis bish." Melanie smiled upon teasing and messing around with her older sister. "Anyways, how it's going over there? Should be closing, right?" "Yeah, but the stupid head didn't come back, yet." "What do you mean?" "The other manager left a while back, but he hasn't come back yet. So I'm stuck here doing whatever he was supposed to do." "So you can't leave and hang out then?"

"No. I can. Just need to sneak out." Melanie could hear the grin within her sister's voice. "The boys are still cleaning. Hmm, maybe I'll just have the assistant manager count money instead. Oh! Which reminds me I need to put in the money to make up for the cookies when I had Minkyun give away to customers earlier." Serena announced as she went to do what she had just stated. "And what do you mean by that?" "Remember that fight with that one bish? Yeah, well to make it up to the customers I told one of the workers to give a free cookie to settle it if they ask and what not." "Dumb. Be giving away free food like always." "So what? At least the money is still being accounted for." "Hmm, true."

"What about you?" Serena then asked her little sister. "Aren't you still working? STARSHIP leaves at like ten or eleven depending on the manager and it's..." Serena paused to check the time. "Almost nine in eleven minutes." "It's my first day. I'm just shadowing Kyun." "Who's Kyun?" "Changkyun." "Figures. Anwyays, what about that Mr. Distracting guy?" "Nothing. I'm hiding out in the basement at the moment." "Oooh, is my hammock still there?" "Yes, but you couldn't do anything else with the place?" Serena shrugged to which Melanie couldn't see. "I was going to do a lot for it actually, but Dad kept giving me so much shiet to do, so I never really got around to decking it out." "Yeah, right. Probably lazy." "That to, but you're the same. "Touche."

"Anyways, hurry up with whatever you're doing so we can meet Jaehwa in a bit." Melanie urged her sister impatiently as she could hear Serena let out an angry huffed while letting out a satisfied smirk. "Shut up. Not my fault you always tell me so late." "She just told me now." "Same difference." "Whatever. Hurry up. Bye." "Bye." Melanie ended the call with her sister as she put her things away in her bag while trying to get out of the hammock. Once standing on her own two feet she pondered on what to do next. "How can I sneak out?" She asked while looking about the basement. "I have to get back to the lobby first to go to the elevator for the parking garage." She frowned at that thought. "Why make only one way to get to the basement? No wonder it's unused."

Melanie grabbed her bag and made her way to the elevator to reach the lobby. Once stepping out, she briskly walked out of the little corner where the basement elevator was hidden away from view, and made her way towards the opposite end of the lobby to the elevators for the parking garage. "Hmm, actually, that was easy." Melanie told herself with a smile. "Now, need to enter this elevator and I'm golden from there." Her moment of triumph was short-lived as her phone began to ring. "Shiet." She let out as she fished for her mobile so it would stop ringing as the other employees were casting her looks. "Hello?" She answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Are you done hiding, missy?" She heard her uncle Eric asked nonchalantly on the other line as she walked to a corner near the elevators to take a moment to talk with him. "Hiding? I don't know what you're talking about, Uncle." She feigned naviety. "Yeah, right. Sure." She heard him amused before his tone became serious. "I don't have to take you to the hospital, do I?" Flashbacks of what had happened earlier between her a

Please log in to read the full chapter