Other Plans

자나깨나 니 생각 ~Always On My Mind~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Melanie unhappily grumbled all the way to her desk until she spotted several yummy items on her desk that changed her mood one-eighty. "Oh ho, what are these?" She let out happily as she practically skipped over to her desk to observe the seven bags (1,2,3,4,5,6,7). "Thank you uncles and auntie." She grinned as she picked up the bag from her aunt Brie while opening it to bite into the green macaron. "Oh, yummy. Pistachio and white chocolate honey. My favorite. Thanks auntie." Melanie said to herself while stuffing the rest of the macaron into before pulling out a second one. "The only time of the year I get them for some reason." She let out a bit bitter before casting her eyes onto the messages. "Oh. The cards are still here." Melanie sat at her desk and read through them silently.

"What are you smiling about?" Changkyun asked Melanie when he noticed the apparent smile upon her face before eyeing the treats. "You going to share those?" "Not with you." She grinned at him before biting a piece off of her white chocolate key lime cookie. "Get your own." "Tch. Rude." Changkyun sulked as he sat at his own desk with a pout as Melanie chuckle before tossing a bag onto his desk. "Just don't eat it all, Mr. Green Bear." Changkyun was about to pick up the bag, but stopped halfway upon hearing that and looked over at her. "How did you find out?" "Minhyuk." She smirked as Changkyun rolled his eyes while eating a chocolate chip pecan cookie. "Tch, should have figured Minhyuk hyung couldn't keep a secret."

Melanie shook her head as her gaze floated to the empty desk of Hyunwoo unconsciously. "Where's Hyunwoo?" Melanie asked curiously while looking over at the younger male who was already looking at the older woman with a smirk. "Oh, are you worry about hyung, noona?" "Uh, no. I was just asking because he's always glaring at me." "You mean staring at you with an obvious school-like boy crush." Changkyun remarked a bit too quietly that Melanie didn't hear him. "Huh?" "Nothing." Changkyun grinned as Melanie glared at him. "Give me back my cookies." "Not uh. You've already shared them with me. These are mine now." "I said to not eat them all, Kyun." Changkyun stuffed his mouth as he spoke incoherent words that Melanie couldn't make out, but knew he meant. "That's it. I'm changing the locks of the secret loft."

~~~~~~~

"Do you think one of them is noona's boyfriend?" Yoonho whispered to Seokwon and Minkyun as the trio were spying on Serena talking with three males at the farthest corner away from the counter. "I hope not." Seokwon muttered as Minkyun wrapped an arm around his shoulders with a sympathetic smile. "You should give it up. I don't think she likes you like that." "I already knew that, Minkyun. I just like messing around with Wonho hyung." Seokwon grinned as the other two laugh knowing what he meant. "I wonder if Yeon noona even knows." Yoonho let out curiously as he turned to face his friends. "Do you think she suspects hyung's feelings for her?" "Nah." Minkyun dismissed with a wave. "I don't think so. She's quickwitted at a lot of things, but she's like so oblivious about Wonho hyung."

"What about me?" Hoseok asked the trio suddenly from behind them with both arms crossed over his chest as the trio turned to face Hoseok with their backs straight. "Nothing hyung." The trio answered as Hoseok regarded them suspiciously. Before Hoseok could order them around, the trio already split up while making excuses to do something to avoid their manager's wrath. "Y'know, hyung, glaring in their direction isn't going to do anything." Kihyun remarked while sidling up to the older male by several months. "Some of the customers are beginning to ask why you're not available." "Just keep telling them I'm taking a minor break." Hoseok informed Kihyun as Kihyun's lips quirked up. "Yeah, that's been like twenty minutes already." "Shut up." "Just saying."

Meanwhile, Serena was catching up with her step-cousin and neighbors as the trio had returned from their overseas trip. "So let me get this straight." Serena began as she stared at the three younger males in front of her. "Y'all just went on a trip to hang out with your girlfriends and didn't even tell me about these ladies?" "We did!" The trio exclaimed as her step-cousin, Minwoo added, "We sent you messages, but you ignored us." "I..." Serena thought about it. "Maybe, but why didn't Won tell me?" Youngmin, the older twin, shook his head with a laugh. "Because Won noona forgot, too." "Wait, why are you guys hanging out here and not with your girlfriends then?" Serena asked them confused. "Because someone fell asleep and didn't want to say hi last night." Kwangmin, the younger twin, informed her with a small chuckle. "I even tried using my Pikachu voice, but that didn't work."

"Should have tried harder." Serena chuckled as the trio glared at her. "We did and you beat us up." "No way. I would remem-" She then thought about it. "Haha, I did. No offense, but by now you should know not to wake me up from my sleep." "You're worst than Youngmin hyung, Bobayeon." Kwangmin stated as the older twin glared at his younger twin but didn't say anything. Minwoo then got her attention to another topic. "Anyways, we got our date plans later tonight. What about you? You still don't have a boyfriend?" "Yes, I still don't have a boyfriend, Charminder, but that won't stop me from having other plans way later to night." She grinned as the boys looked at her interested. "What kind of plans?" "For me to have fun," she smiled with a secretive meaning behind it before frowning, "And for you guys to mind your own business since I already got the uncles asking about my love life."

~~~~~~~

Melanie had changed outfits into something a little more cuter and casual as she had to meet her uncles, sisters, and cousin for their annual White Day early dinner at four. So when she returned back to her desk to collect her things, she was unaware of Hyunwoo's eyes on her until Changkyun threw a piece of paper at his friend that snapped Hyunwoo out of his dazed to glare at the younger male. Melanie also happened to notice a small blue present with a pearl necklace on top of the gift that was on her desk that wasn't there when she went to change. She glanced at Changkyun curious. "Yo, Kyun. Do you know who put this here?" "No." Changkyun answered innocently, although he was quite aware who had placed it there. "I didn't see the person."

Casting her eyes onto the other manager, she was about to ask Hyunwoo, but decided against it as she instead lifted up the set of pearls with a smile. "This is quite pretty. I wondered who did it." She muttered to herself before picking up the box and shaking it a bit. "Hmm, I wonder what's inside." Bora happened to walk by and stopped by Melanie's desk. "You sure are lucky, Won-ah." Bora pouted cutely. "First you got all of these balloon bouquets for Valentine's Day, and now you got cookies and a gift. So lucky. My boyfriend didn't even get me anything." "Maybe you should dump him and find a new one." Melanie reasoned as Bora thought about it. "I might just do that because he hasn't really been doing anything romantic at all and White Day is a very important day for us couples." "Well, to me, it is what it is, but I hope your boyfriend is just keeping the big surprise top secret."

Melanie replied indifferent and was about to open the small gift when she noticed the time on her desk. "Yikes. Gotta get going." She smiled as she and Bora hugged. "See you later and tell me if your boyfriend did or did not surprise you later tonight." "I will." Bora grinned as Melanie started gathering up the rest of her things, but Hyunwoo stopped her. "Whoa, where are you going?" He asked her suddenly with a slight glare, yet there was another expression within the look, but Melanie couldn't figure it out. "I have dinner plans." She simply answered him as she got everything and began to make her way out. "But, Lim Won, there's still a lot of work to do." "I know, Hyunwoo, but I'll finished those later at home. I need to get to my dinner date." She answered not even sparing a glance at Hyunwoo. "Bye guys." She waved at the office before rounding the corner.

~~~~~~~

After bidding goodbye to the trio, Serena didn't realize how much time had passed and hurried to change into a cute outfit while emerging from the break room in a huff to notify someone after changing. "Um, I need to get going, but my stuff like the snacks and tote bag are still in the lockers, so don't mess with them. Except the candies, you guys can take some of it, but not all of it." She smiled at the crew before walking around the counter to exit while still talking. "If you guys need anything, Wonho is still here somewhere, which I think he's been in the office. Anyways, so yeah, check out with him and what not." She them remembered something. "Oh, one more thing. If you do see him, could you guys please tell him I have plans and really need to get going or I'll be totally late for it. Thank you!"

Just as she was about to walk off, some of the crew started talking all at once. "Wow, Yeon noona you look a lot nicer dressed like that." "Where are you going noona?" "Do you have a hot date unnie?" "Why are you so dressed up?" "I really love that dress unnie." "Pink looks good on you." "You look so cute/pretty unnie/noona." "Can I go with you?" "I believe that's my line, hyung." Serena chuckled as she

Please log in to read the full chapter