Good Night

자나깨나 니 생각 ~Always On My Mind~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Melanie returned to her cousin's apartment complex half an hour later after realizing she forgot her laptop almost a third of the way home. She entered the elevator with a tired expression. "Seriously can't forget it or uncle Eric will question me later. Need to definitely get the work done for tomorrow or well, later today. Whatever. Done." She then chuckled as she watched the 'P' change to 'G' as the lift rode up and momentarily stopped at ground level where the lobby and main floor was located as someone entered inside the lift. Not really paying attention to the person who had entered while she absent-mindedly stared at the elevator pad and also wore her sunglasses so she could avoid having people see her eyes even though it was night time at the moment. Plus, it made staring at other people easier for her.

The elevators' door closed a few seconds later and Melanie assumed the person was heading to the same floor as her because they didn't press any of the other non-highlighted buttons. Hate riding in the elevators with people I don't know, Melanie thought as she waited for the elevator to reach the third floor in boredom. This is like the third time it happened today. I wonder if Serena's already home with Yeojin and alseep. I wonder what auntie Brie wanted with Katherine so late at night thought. Couldn't it have waited until morning? Oh well, not my problem. Melanie shrugged despite having this conversation with herself in her head as the other person in the elevator with her was quietly observing her from time to time without her being aware of it.

The third floor finally arrived as Melanie happily exited the elevator, but due to her happy state she ended up tripping over her own feet. When she was about to tumble forward, Melanie then felt someone instantly pulling her back by the fabric of her dark blue sweater to prevent her from falling forward. Unfortunately, the person pulled too hard and Melanie ended up back falling onto whoever was trying to help her from behind. The other person let out a restrained grunt when Melanie fell on top of him. He then groaned a bit too loudly after when Melanie accidentally elbowed him once in the torso. And another pained groan, but this time she had elbowed him against his groin while trying to lift herself up in the process.

"Oh, sorry! Sorry!" Melanie apologized as she found her way back on to her own two feet and faced him with a fallen expression, despite her sunglasses obscuring her face. "Oh shiet. Hyunwoo?" Melanie's eyes widened as she watched the older male roll around for a bit from the double pain she had caused him. "Oh damn." She let out with a sympathetic expression upon her face. As much as she wanted to check to see if he was alright she wasn't ready for another lecture about watching her steps and aruging with him. So the younger woman quickly her heels and booked it out of there as fast as she could. Before she could reach Katherine's place, the door next to her cousin's apartment opened suddenly and Yoonho came out and Melanie collided with the younger male and they both fell to the floor of the hallway.

The duo groan as Melanie continued to lie there as she was too lazy to get up after her first collision with Hyunwoo which wasn't even a minute ago. She did remove her sunglasses and was able to put them away just as Yoonho recovered and apologized as he looked down at Melanie. His face brightened upon recognizing a familiar face, which he believed was a familiar face. "I'm sorry! Oh, hey Yeon noona." "I'm not Yeon. I'm Won." Melanie grumbled as she pushed his face away so she could stand up. Yoonho fell backwards, but recovered just as fast as he helped her steady herself. "Oh, I'm sorry. You just look like her, a lot, except with blue hair instead of purple hair of course." "Yeah, we're sisters. That's why." She deadpanned as she took a good look at the stranger who was mistakening her for Serena, to which everyone who met them for the first time reacted the same way like always.

"Are you wearing a minion pajamas?" Melanie questioned him as Yoonho shyly nodded his head while explaining to Melanie on why he was wearing it. "I'm supposed to visit a neighbor within this floor and ask if they want to have a sleepover together with me and the others." Melanie was left speechless as she was unsure on how to respond to that. She didn't have to, when someone put a hand on her shoulder and spun her around. "Is that how you treat someone who tried to not let you fall on to your face?" Hyunwoo asked her with a grumpy look as Melanie leaned away noticing how close they were to one another, but he pulled her back towards him. "Don't think you can just escape again without saying thank you and not even apologizing for falling on me."

Melanie moved the arm that was holding onto her as she backed away from the older male. "Um, no I don't think so. I didn't even ask you to do that. So I don't have to say thank you or apologize since it was your own fault, anyways." She answered him as Yoonho silently watched the scene unfold before him with an innocent expression. Hyunwoo narrowed his eyes at her as he closed the distance between them, but Melanie tried to push him away yet he didn't budge that much. "Excuse me, but could you like keep yourself over there and get out of my bubble or something?" She kept him at arms length as she was the one that had to move herself away from the glowering male.

She let out a breathy huff when he didn't move away an soon spoke through gritted teeth. "Can you try not to invade my personal space, please. It's getting quite annoying and repetitive. You've done it like twice today. So I would appreciate it if you'll stop." She glared at Hyunwoo as the male pushed her hands off of him with a raised eyebrow, but didn't say anything. "Uh..." Yoonho let out a few seconds later as he continued to watch their stare down although he wasn't sure if he should intervene or not. He didn't have to as the same door opened up once again and Minhyuk poked his head out. "What's tak- Oh Wonnie!" He exclaimed excitedly in surprise to seeing the older woman outside his friends' apartment. "Hi!" He then pulled her in for a hug as Melanie was caught off guard, but automatically wrapped her arms around the younger male.

"OH, uh, hi, Minhyuk. Hi. How are you?" She greeted him awkwardly and hoping he didn't notice as she wasn't expecting him to be so openly affectionate with her despite only conversing with one another for like two to three times so far and have only met today compare to how she bonded with Changyun already due to already knowing of him. "I'm good. I'm good. I didn't expect to see you so suddenly." He let her go and grinned at her as Melanie nodded her head with a smile. "Oh, I see. That's good. Me too, me too. Didn't expect to run into you again outside of work." She rambled and then looked elsewhere instead of at him and then caught Hyunwoo looking at her, and she so she shifted her attention away from him as well. Her gaze landed on Yoonho and she smiled at the youngest male and started randomly conversing with him. "So, uh, you know Yeon, right?"

"Oh yeah. She's actually a very nice person." Yoonho admitted with a sheepish laugh. "At first I thought she was a really mean person because she just looked so angry at the world." He let out another laugh. "But when she was helping out at the cafe and teaching us the correct way of doing something at the same time in a calm demeanor of sorts, I realize she wasn't that mean of a person at all." Melanie laughed agreeing with him. "Yeah, she gets that a lot. Like all the time. But that's good." It was silent until Minhyuk asked Hyunwoo about him going to work out or something. "The gym was already closed and I didn't want to bother working in the cold weather." Hyunwoo replied and it became quiet again and Melanie could feel the awkward silence settling in and she wasn't sure if she should say or do something.

But she knew for sure that she wanted to hide away in Katherine's place that was literally a meter away. Before she could actually go through with her original plans of why she even came back, Melanie's attention turned to the sound of two voices talking loudly. The other three also turned towards the direction of the elevator as it was where the voices were coming from as two people greeted them. Well, more like towards the male trio as the duo were unable to see Melanie standing there among their friends because she blocked by Hyunwoo. Melanie took this opportunity to slip away, but unfortunately she was caught by the one person she should have known who would have called her out on it. "Oh, Lime, hey girl, hey!" She heard him say in English. "Where you going?" Changkyun asked in a playful tone. "I know you ain't trying to leave without greeting me."

Changkyun ran up to the older woman with a wide grin and linked their arms together while spinning the both of them around to face the quartet as Hyungwon gave her a look of confusion. "Yeon noona?" He let out a bit puzzled by the thought of Serena possibly being here and not at his other friend's place to which he just left like less than half an hour ago. Also with the fact that she was in another set of clothing than he've seen her in earlier. "How did you get here so fast?" Melanie tried to pry herself out of Changkyun's hold as she responded. "Uh, since I don't know you who are means that I don't know who you're talking about. So I think you got me confused with someone else. Sorry, gotta go. Bye!" She finally got out of Changkyun's hold while pushing the younger male away and attempted to unlock Katherine's apartment door before Changkyun could grab a hold of her again.

The quintet was confused by her actions and so didn't respond quick enough when they finally heard the door next door slammed closed bringing them back to reality with Melanie safe inside her cousin's place. That was until she heard a knock and she froze in place hoping that the person would go away. "Noona." Came Changkyun's voice in a cooing like manner and Melanie shook her head with a wry smile. Now I can understand why Serena said he was super weird and unpredictable, she thought as she slowly moved away from the door and looked through the peephole. It was only Changkyun out in the hallway and Melanie wondered if they all went back inside their friend's place. "Noona. Come play with us." Changkyun asked her while also staring through the peephole. "I heard from Yeon noona that you like to drink and play games."

Melanie didn't respond back, but continued to watch the younger male through the peephole. Changkyun pouted while letting out a sigh. "Fine, Won noona. Be that way." The older woman saw him walk away, and just as she was about to release a breath of relief she wa

Please log in to read the full chapter