Nom Nom Nom

자나깨나 니 생각 ~Always On My Mind~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Tada!" Serena exclaimed excitedly as she presented a tray of food in front of her baby sister which was a korokke wrapped within an omelette rice, a few pieces of vegetable bread, and two breaded hot dogs. "Did you miss my cooking, Yoyo?" She asked in English as Yeojin clapped happily while nodding her head. "Eung! A lot!" "Haha. I bet Melanie made you eat a lot of pasta, huh?" "Yes. We ate a lot!" The little girl let out giddily as she began to list what she could from memory. "We ate a tuna one with lots of crunchy stuff on top. That was really good. Spaghetti, too. The meatball was yummy. Melly also made rabokki. I like that one, too. A lot, but spicy for me. Oh, and mac and cheese! It had lotsa gooey cheese and ham." Yeojin giggled as she began to dig into her tray of deliciousness. "But I miss Rere's food the best because it's always different!"

Serena groaned inwardly of the nickname given to her by Melanie, but let it go as she smiled at Yeojin before helping herself to her own tray of the same items. "Because these are easy to make and so delicious. That's why." She then held up a vegetable bread piece. "Especially these since I don't like eating my veggies." "But you should eat more veggies, Rere. Melly and Kitty said that's why you're short." Yeojin commented innocently as Serena's lips quirked up. "Huh, I see two two rubbed off on you while I was away for the past two months." "Yeah. We spend lotsa time together because mama and papa were gone a lot." Serena frowned upon hearing that, but should have known it wasn't something new among the sister. "So, how do you like Mrs. Hwang?" She asked to direct the topic elsewhere.

"I like her a lot. Mrs. Hwang always lets me sit with her when she crochets. She said she'll make me a blanket for finishing my first year of school." Yeojin grinned at Serena while stuffing her face with the korokke omelette. "What? She's making you one? She never made me one." "She said that you never liked it, so she never made you one." "What? I never said such a thing." The older girl instantly then remembered of the memory when she and Melanie first arrived in South Korea nine years ago. "Oh, right. Uh, never mind then. I do remember saying that." She switched the topics once again. "Did you get to hang out with Charminder, Pikamin, and Squirmin too?" The little girl shook her head sadly. "No. They won't come back until next month because of school."

Serena was in the midst of eating her breaded hotdog when she accidentally dropped it on the floor upon hearing what Yeojin had said. While she was about to pick it up, Cupcake ran over to pick it up and ran off with it. Serena made a face. "I forgot that that dog was here, too." "Mama said if I do well in school, she would take me to go to Disneyland in Los Angeles." Yeojin stated as Serena focused her attention onto her baby sister. "Oh, really? When?" "I dunno. Mama didn't say when. She just said she'll take me if I do well in school." Serena frowned upon hearing that as she knew it was another empty promise that Yeojin would soon forget as Narae would end up showering her half-sister with other trinkets of gifts to make up for it all.

Just then, Serena's phone dinged and vibrated and she saw that she had received a snapchat from her other sister. "What is this girl up to?" She went to open the file and saw that it was a video of her filming her pasta while on her lunch break. Near the end of the ten seconds clip, Serena happened to have caught a glimpse of a familiar face she hadn't seen a long while. "Hmm, is that who I think it is?" She looked over at Yeojin. "OK, Yoyo. Wanna snapchat Melly?" "Yes! Yes!" The girl chanted as she hopped out of her seat to join her eldest sister on the other side. "This time, can we do that rainbow thingy?" "I dunno if it has it, but we can check." Serena smiled at the eager girl as she went through the snapchat filter to find the one that Yeojin was talking about. 

"Oh, it doesn't have it, but it has all of these other ones." Serena explained as she went by each one to see which one Yeojin wanted to do. "Ohh, the angel!" "Haha, okay, okay. We can do the angel. Ready?" "Yes, no, wait." Yeojin went to fix her appearance and came back a few seconds later. Wow, she's just like Melanie, Serena thought as she chuckled. "You're ready now?" "Yes!" Yeojin smiled as she smoothed out her hair a bit more. "Ready!" "OK." Serena held down her record button as she filmed both her and Yeojin as the filter played out. "Say hi to Melly, Yoyo." "Hi, Melly!! It's Yoyo!" Yeojin waved at the camera with two hands while grinning wide as Serena let it run before sending it off to Melanie. "Let's show her what we're eating, too, yeah?" "Yeah, yeah."

Serena handed the mobile to the little girl as she let Yeojin take care of making Melanie jealous of the awesome food that she was missing out on. "Ooh, Melanie responded back. Can I open it, Serena?" "Yeah, Yoyo, go ahead." The older woman gave the little girl permission as she went on to finish the rest of her food while Yeojin responded a few minutes later. "Melanie wants to know if you saved her any." "Say that Cupcake ate it all." Yeojin giggled as she went off to go take a picture of Cupcake to inform her other older sister of what the eldest had said. "I wonder if she's on lunch break with Kkukkungie? Haven't seen that little vicious pitbull in like forever. I wonder if he thought she was me. Haha, that would be totally funny."

Just then at that moment, Yeojin snapped the older women from out of her daydreaming. "Serena. Melanie wants to talk to you." Yeojin held out Serena's hand phone for her to take. "Why?" Yeojin shrugged her shoulders as Serena took the mobile and Yeojin had run off to go play with her poodle. "Yeah?" She answered in boredom wondering what her sister wanted. "Is that how you greet your favorite person in the world?" A male voice suddenly answered as he asked her this question instead. "I don't have a favorite person in the world." Serena automatically responded with a smile. "Liar. You know you love me." "If I remember correctly, you were the one that loved me." "Uh, no. I already told you that it was just payback for them bomb chocolates you gave me on Valentine's Day two years ago."

Serena let out a loud laugh. "I know, Kkukkungie." "Dude, I totally thought you have forgotten about that random nickname you gave me." "Yeah right. You're always my favorite little vicious pitbull in the whole wide world." "Oh, so now you recognize that I'm your favorite person in the whole wide world?" "Changkyun, I already told you that I don't have a favorite person." "Yeon, but you just said that-" Serena interrupted him with a chuckle. "I said you were my favorite little vicious pit-bull." "I am not a vicious pit-bull, Lemon." "Mmhmm. So you're having lunch with my sister, I see." "Yeah. You guys look so much alike." He stated as the sisters replied with a, 'we're not alike' at the same time and he laughed. "If you say so. Anyways, I was wondering what made you dressed more feminine and now that I know the truth that you don't, it made sense."

"Whatever." She let out with a scoff as she put away hers and Yeojin's trays, did the dishes, and started cleaning up the mess while continuing to talk with him on the phone. "Anyways, I thought you were moving to Israel the last time I saw you." "Nah, parents decided to live here permanently." "Well, that's nice." "Of course. We can actually get to hang out a lot more now that you're back from your trip." "Yeah, no. I don't want to." "What? Why not?" She could here the pout within his tone. "I thought we were officially friends now." "Did I say such a thing? I don't remember." "You're such a liar, Lemon." "What? I never lie, Kkukkungie." "Uh huh. Sure. Anyways, Lime wants to talk to you." Serena then heard her sister's voice.

"What chu doing?" Melanie asked her before Serena could asked about the whole 'lime' thing. "Cleaning up the mess I made." "Did you save me any of the vegetable bread?" "No. Cupcake ate it all." "Stupid." Serena chuckled before telling Melanie that she did saved her some of the food that she had made and it was in the fridge. "Anyways, why are you at home? Aren't you supposed to be at work?" "I needed to get away for a bit." "Oh, what happened?" "Some girl was throwing a tantrum and being stupid about a little misunderstanding." "Like what? She didn't get her free birthday drink or something?" "Ha, I wish it was like that. But yeah, no, it had something to do with the other manager that she thought I was flirting with him or something." "Oh. I see. Is he hot?" "That's not the point, Mel." "Yeah, yeah whatever. So what else, Rina?"

"I had to call the police and if you remember the boys, I had them come take care of her." "Oh, you mean those police academy buddies of yours back then?" "Yeah." "They all became police officers now?" "Yeah, pretty much." "Oh, cool. They're good looking policemen then." "Please don't tell them that. They have enough ego as it is. But, anyways," Serena went back on topic, "She's not a customer so I'm not sure what she is, but she started making a scene and such while in the office and so I told Rokhyun and Changbum to just take me instead." "So basically you ran away to ride in the police car?" "Yeah, pretty much now that you say it like that." "What about your friends?" "They were called back to the station and so I told them to drop me off here instead so I can spend some time with Yoyo because she be telling me that you be feeding her nothing but pasta." "And?"

"She said she likes my food the best." "Because it's easy to make and taste good." "Exactly. Until desserts get involve then it's a whole new story. Same with the drinks, too." "Well, that's why you're at MONBEBE instead of STARSHIP and SEVENTH COLOR." "Ugh, don't remind me." "Well, y'know, uncle Eric said you can always come back if you just ask." "Yeah, right. I'm not gonna do that." "That's what I told him and uncle Andy." "Where was uncle Steve?" "Dealing with something at the actual SEVENTH COLOR building." "Probably something to do the new interns messing things up because they not training right." "Probably, but yeah, just ask them." "But still." "Stop crying." "I'm not crying." "You sure are whining a lot." "Haha, funny. Not." Serena finished tidying up the place as she sat back down at the table while watching Yeojin trying to make Cupcake wear some type of weird clothing before Melanie got her attention again.

"What did you say?" Melanie repeated her question. "I was asking on how were you going to get back to work?" "I dunno. Guess I have to take the bus." Serena then changed topics. "Hey, why didn't you tell me the Min Trio weren't coming back until next month?" "Who told you that?" "Yeojin." "Oh yeah, I forgot." Melanie answered nonchalantly before continuing. "They went on a trip or something when you left for their last year of being university students." "So I have to wait a month to see them again?" "So? Others had to wait to see you for two months." "That's not the same thing." "Yeah, yeah. Anyways, this other Daniel guy is a pretty cool guy." "I know." "So that makes it three Daniels we know now?" "Yeah, I think so."

Serena started to list them. "Kkukkungie, who you're hanging out with right now. And um, SangSang, who is a police officer. Then there's..." Serena paused as she tried to remember the third Daniel. "Daniel Chae!" Melanie exclaimed excitedly. "Dude, Rere, how can you forget about the LA Ninja?" "Oh, him. I forgot about that this Daniel is the one that you had a crush on since KKFS days." "Hey, he's still a y man." "Mmhmm, yeah, yeah. Whatever." "But the most handsomest and iest of them all is Daniel Henny." "Yeah, but we don't really know him." "Shiet. Auntie Brie or Katherine can go get the hook up." "Yeah, they're busy with their own things, Melly." "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Anyways, this Daniel that I'm having lunch with is just as weird as you." "Yeah, I know." Serena chuckled with agreement. "That's why we got along so well. Don't worry. I'm sure the two of you will, too."

"That is if Mr. Stop-Distracting-My-Co-Workers allows me to socialize at all." "Mr. Who?" "Oh, that's what I recently started to call this other marketing assistant manager who left me with a really bad first impression of him." "Ha, seems like you're having a swell day as well." "Haha, not. Totally stupid. I just don't understand why he is always up on my about distracting his co-workers, when it's them that talks to me! I don't even do anything." "Who knows. Maybe you should just not say anything." "That's the thing, Rina. I don't say anything to draw attention." "Well, shiet, Mel. I dunno, man." "Obviously since you don't even know them." "Technically, that is quite true. I didn't really work at any of the actual departments while at the Seocho location as uncle Eric and Dad always had be out in the field to do other work before transferring me to Australia two months ago."

Please log in to read the full chapter