Shadowing

자나깨나 니 생각 ~Always On My Mind~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Now that all of that is settled, you can officially began your first day here." Junggi smiled at Melanie as he handed over a clipboard and a pen in her direction. Melanie took it although she was wondering what it was as she skimmed its contents. "I know that you're already an assistant manager of this department, but because you're still new and the instructions given to me by Mr. Mun, you'll be doing a lot of shadowing with one of our workers here for a few days before shadowing the other marketing assistant manager, Son Hyunwoo." Junggi informed the younger woman as Melanie nodded her head in understanding not really paying much attention. "Do you have any questions?" Melanie thought about it as she shook her head. "As of right now, I don't think so, but if I do I'll let you know." The Marketing Manager smiled at her. "Alright that's great to hear."

As Melanie rose from her sitting position so did Junggi as he remembered something. "Ah, I forgot about the intern that we had joined us a month ago. His name is Yoo Seungwoo and he'll also be shadowing with you for an hour or so, but he arrives later in the day." "Oh, really? That's nice to hear. Oh, um, who will I be shadowing again?" Junggi looked down at his desk as he moved a few sheets of paper around until he found what he was looking for and handed her the piece of paper to which she took and placed onto her clipboard. "Um, you'll be with Lim Changkyun for the next few days as he is one of our top marketing associate of STARSHIP. He'll teach and show you the basics of STARSHIP before you shadow Hyunwoo for your main position here." He smiled at her as Melanie returned the smile while nodding her head. "OK. Thank you so much, Mr. Go."

"You're welcome and thank you, Miss Lim." The Marketing Manager smiled at her once more as he showed her out. "Also, Changkyun's desk should be just to your left and the first one you come across to when you walk out." He flashed her another friendly smile as Melanie exited his office and made her way to what she hope was this Changkyun's desk. No one was there as she patiently waited for him to arrive as she thoroughly read the sheets that were clipped to the clipboard. A few minutes later there was a coughing sound made behind her, but she paid no attention to it although the person behind her wanted to grab her attention. She tried once more, louder this time, but Melanie still didn't respond to it.

The person went about it in a somewhat straightforward manner. "Hey, new girl." Melanie turned around wondering if the person was talking to her as she came face to face with a female employee. Melanie didn't say anything as she waited for the other person to say something as the other woman was clearly the one trying to get her attention. "Hi. I'm Yoon Bora. What department are you from because I don't think I've seen you around here before." The other woman smiled at Melanie in a friendly manner as Melanie returned the smile. "Uh, today's my first day actually. I'm part of this department and I'm Lim Won by the way." Bora's jaws dropped upon Melanie mentioning her name. "You're THE Lim Won?"

Melanie tilted her head a bit with an indifferent look. "Huh. I guess rumors are still big wherever you go." She muttered to herself in English as Bora tried to compose herself of the slight awkwardness she believed she had caused. "Uh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I just thought you were a guy. I've been hearing that Lim Won was supposed to start today and I was totally expecting a guy from what the others have said for the past few days." "No, it's okay. It happens a lot." Melanie reassured her before directing the conversation elsewhere. "Um, do you know if Lim Changkyun is around? I'm supposed to be shadowing him today, but he isn't at his desk at the moment and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do since Mr. Go didn't mention anything else."

"Oh, Changkyunnie?" Bora let out with a bright smile. "He actually went on a Starbucks run. He should be back any minute." "Is that normal?" Melanie asked curiosly as Bora nodded her head. "Oh, yeah all the time. He's always craving them at this time for some reason." Just as Bora was going to continue on, a voice interrupted her with a coo. "Bora noona~" The two women turned to look at the person as Changkyun appeared with a drink carrier with three drinks. "I got you your Caramel Macchiato." He said as he handed the drink over to the older woman. "Aww, thanks Changkyun." Bora thanked the younger male with a smile as she took the offered drink. "I've been craving this since yesterday." She took a sip as she relish in the taste. "Ah, now my day's better."

"By the way, I got you one too, Lime." Changkyun smiled at Melanie using a new nickname for her as he handed her a drink while Melanie looked at him funny upon the nickname, but ignored it. "I hope you like it. It's Peppermint Mocha." "Oh, you didn't have to, but thank you." Melanie took the offered drink with a small smile as she took a sip, but made a face. "Um, I don't think this is peppermint. It tastes more like... toffee." "Oh, sorry. That's Toffee Nut Latte. That one is mine. This is the actual peppermint one." He swapped both drinks so Melanie was holding the right one as Bora cast Changkyun a knowing look. "Already initiating the indirect kisses, I see." Changkyun had finished taking a sip of his drink as he looked at Bora with a feigned shock look. "Me? Initiating indirect kisses? You must have me confuse with someone else, noona." "Mmhmm."

Melanie wasn't paying any attention to the two as she was enjoying her drink happily which was now a third of the way gone before remembering what her boss had told her earlier. "Oh, Changkyun. Mr. Go said I would be shadowing you for a few days." She held up her clipboard as Changkyun grinned at her. "Oh, that's great! You and I can be the new A Team." Bora looked at him weirdly not understanding what he meant by that comment. "Sure." Melanie shrugged while continuing to enjoy her mocha as Changkyun slightly frowned. "Wow, you're kinda like Yeon." "What do you mean?" "You respond like her without much enthusiasm." Melanie answered with another shrug while an indifferent look appeared on her face as Changkyun pointed. "Yeah, like that."

Bora was about to question the two's seeminly close relationship when Hyunwoo appeared suddenly behind them. "Ahem. So are we all working hard or hardly working?" The trio faced him with scared look except Melanie who kept a blank expression on her face. "Bora noona, Changkyun, have you finished with the reports yet?" He asked as both Changkyun and Bora started to sprout out their excuses as Melanie chose to ignore him while continuing to drink the rest of her mocha as she thought, seriously what's up with this guy? She looked around the office out of boredom when she finally noticed heard her name being called for the third time. "Lim Won?" "Hmm?" Melanie answered as she faced a disapproving looking Hyunwoo. "Were you listening to what I have just said now?" "Um, no, not really. I wasn't aware that you were addressing me when you were talking to the other two."

Changkyun let out a silent 'ooh' with an amused expression while Bora's eyes widened in shock at Melanie's behavior towards their assistant manager. Hyunwoo narrowed his eyes slightly at her as he wondered what made the woman think she could act and behave the way she was doing right now. "I would highly suggest to you, Miss Lim, to not distract my co-workers any further than you've already have today." He advised her as Melanie narrowed her own eyes at the man wondering what made him think she was the one that was intentionally causing their distractions in the first place. "I think you're misunderstanding all of this." Melanie began before being interrupted by another voice.

"Ah, Bora." Junggi called for her as he stepped out of his office. "I need you to run to the production department for me to give these files to Dongrim." "Ah, yes sir." Bora obeyed as she made her way to the marketing manager who handed several files as she then left to visit the production manager. Junggi next addressed Hyunwoo. "Ah, Hyunwoo. I need to discuss something with you about next week's meeting. If you could step into my office, please." Hyunwoo casually glanced at Melanie with a look like their conversation wasn't over as he walked towards Junggi's office and the two men step inside to talk. Changkyun let out a breath as Melanie turned to look at him weirdly. "You okay?" She asked in English.

"Uh, yeah. I'm good." He answered automatically in English. "But the real question is are you good? Because I felt like a fight was about to go down just now." He told her with a silly grin on his face while Melanie looked at him confused, but a small laugh escaped from . "A fight? Against who?" "Between you and Hyunwoo of course." "We were not. You just saw it all wrong, Kyun." "Kyun? Who's Kyun?" "You. Duh." "Is it because I called you Lime earlier?" "No. I'm just lazy to say your whole name." "Wow. At least it's not KyunKyun or whatever Lemon calls me." "Who's Lemon?" "Serena." "What. Why?" "Because Lim Yeon reminded me of lemon at the time and because you're Lim Won and her sister so I decided I was going to call you Lime from now on." "Dumb."

Changkyun just smirked at her response as he returned to their previous topic. "No, but seriously, Melanie. That's not what Hyunwoo's expression read earlier when the two of you were talking or arguing or whatever the two of you were doing." "It was nothing, but man, I couldn't even tell what his face read as he just looked like he's always mad or something." "Actually, that's just his robotic personality. He's not that bad once you get to know him." "Uh huh." She replied with a roll of her eyes. "Blaming me for something I didn't even do. Sheesh. Not even my fault." Changkyun nudged her. "Hey, why don't I give you the tour of the place?" "I thought you have a report to finish?" "Oh, so you heard that part, but didn't hear when Hyunwoo was calling your name?"

Melanie cast him a wry smile while shrugging her shoulders. Changkyun chuckled at her non-verbal response as he pointed towards the elevators with his free hand. "C'mon. I know all the best hideouts where we can hide and no one can find us even if they try." "What? No one else knows, but you?" She asked with a doubtful look. "Yes, ma'am." He grinned at her while wriggling his eyebrows up and down. "But I'll make an exception with you since you're the sister of Serena." "Oh, why thank you. You're so kind." She replied with sarcasm, but with no hint of malice to it. "Oh why thank you." He responded in the same manner as the duo chuckled while heading towards the elevators to explore STARSHIP.

~~~~~~~

"Dude, Kyun. What kind of hideout is this?" Melanie asked the younger male in disbelief as Changkyun finally took her to the last hideout spot within STARSHIP as Melanie looked about the room. "Are you kidding me? This is basically an unused room in the basement of the company." "Exactly, Lime." Changkyun stated as he smiled widely at her. "It's like my own little apartment. Of course, minus the kitchen and the bedroom and the bathroom and the other stuff included into an actual apartment." Melanie cast him a slightly annoyed look. "Stupid." "It is not. I think Serena would have at least have said something nice." "Not really." "Yeah, I know." Changkyun chuckled as Melanie shook her head with a wry laugh. "I can see why my sister enjoyed your company."

"Oh, really? Serena actually said something nice about me like that?" Changkyun asked a bit surprised with a happy expression. "Yeah. Why? She told you something else?" Melanie asked with a smile. "Yeah. She always told me I was annoying as fcuk and always called me her 'co-worker friend' instead of her actual friend." Changkyun pouted remembering all of the moments he shared with Melanie's older sister while Melanie laughed knowing how her sister was like. "That's just Serena being Serena." "I know." The male agreed with a shake of his head. "You know. It took me three years for her to finally say that I was her actual friend and not just a co-worker friend." "Yeah, I know." Melanie laughed remembering how her sister would tell her all the stories concerning how she treated Changkyun this way and that way for the fun of it.

Changkyu

Please log in to read the full chapter