New Management

자나깨나 니 생각 ~Always On My Mind~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

The lunch rush at MONBEBE finally died down by two o'clock as Serena bid the last lunch rush custormer a farewell with a feign smile. She let out a relieved breath as she glanced at the clock on the wall which was above the entrance for the nth time since it had reached one o'clock as the second hand continue to tick by and this oh so called manager was still not here. Letting out another breath while trying not to think too much of it, Serena began to call over the other three workers to somewhat have a small pep talk with them while they were now slow and no customers were in the store at the moment. Serena definitely wanted to talk with the manager, but she had to make do with the workers that were present.

"Alright," She let out while looking at them, "Who opened the store today?" She asked them once they were settled at the front counter. "I did." Kwangji answered with a raised of his hand. "Why do you ask, Yeon noona?" Serena smiled at him. "Because you're going on a break." "Oh, we don't do breaks here." He informed her as she looked at him confused. "You don't do breaks? Wait, what do you mean you don't do breaks? You're all working until four, yes?" "I actually came in at eleven and I get off at two-thirty." Yoonho raised his hand with a sheepish look as Serena shifted her gaze over to the younger male wit ha confused expression. "What time?" "I have afternoon classes that starts at three-fifteen."

"Oh, so that means someone's coming in right no to replace you?" "Actually, no. The next person comes in at four." Minkyun added, but regretted informing Serena of that information once he saw her face hardened. "Um, well that's how we've always done it since we've opened." He tried to explain hastily. "Wait. So you leave at two-thirty?" She pointed at Yoonho for clarification who nodded as she looked at all of them weirdly. "But the next worker doesn't come in until four which just leaves you two alone for an hour and a half?" The male trio nodded their heads in unison. "What time does the night assistant manager come in?" "He comes in at five." Kwangji told her as Serena turned to stare at him with a dubious look. "The night assistant manager comes in three hours before we close?" "Yes." The trio answered in sync while nodding their heads.

"I honestly don't understand why it's like this. How relatively busy are you guys throughout the whole day?" "Um..." None of them could actually give her an accurate answer. "Are you guys inform about such information at all?" They shook their heads. "Actually, Wonho hyung never tells us much about the sales throughout the day. He just tells us that we're always doing a great job and leave it at that." Minkyun explained to Serena with a bright smile. "Wonho hyung... as in, he's the manager?" The trio nodded their heads once more as Serena glanced at the clock once more and noticed that it was fiteen minutes from when Yoonho needed to leave for class. "I thought he comes in at one. How come he isn't here yet?" "That we do not know. He is usually here by one." Kwangji told her with an apologetic expression.

"OK. Um, you guys do what you usually do as I try to wrap all of this around my head. Yoonho, just make sure everything is stock and cleaned before you leave soon and if any of you need me, then I'll be in the office to make sense of whatever this is." She stated while waving her hands in a circular motion. "Um, also, I'm not mad or frustrated with you three, I'm just frustrated at how things have been handled for the past year." She explained with what she hoped was a friendly smile upon her face. "Anyways, yeah, just stock and clean like you normally do. Call me if you need me." Serena informed them as she made her way to the back of the store once again.

Serena grabbed her things from the employee lockers before heading to what she assumed was the office by the way the sign on the door read 'manager only' upon it. Fortunately, it was unlocked and she let herself in while closing the door behind her. Once she actually gave the office a good look, she couldn't believe how messy everything was. There were stacks of papers and files everywhere from the desk to the floors and even on the two chairs in the office. There were even boxes stacked to the ceiling and she wondered when it was last checked. "Seriously?" She let out after a few seconds as she walked further in to place her things on top of the printer before undoing her apron and setting it aside on top of her belongings.

"Gosh, it's stuffy in here." Serena fanned herself as she looked about. "And it's winter, but it's not cold in here at all. Do they not have A/C or a fan?" She looked towards the walls, but saw no sign of any temperature panel. "Ah, uncle Andy, why didn't you check out everything before I came?" She whined quietly with a pout. "Alright, first thing on my to-do list is to definitely buy a fan for sure. Hopefully tomorrow or something like that. But yeah, soon, super soon." Serena told herself with a nod of her head as she took her hair from out of its ponytail and ruffled her hair to ease it out. While in the midst of taking off her sweater to keep cool as she would be in the office for a long while, the office door suddenly opened as she heard two unfamiliar voices from that of the trio she had already learned to memorize.

The two males stop in their tracks and ceased their talking once they had entered the office after shutting it and noticed Serena taking off her sweater. She turned to face them with a blank look as she wore a tank underneath and wasn't conscious about it although the duo were curious about her tattoos that they could slightly make out on both of her left and right collarbones. "Hello. How can I help you two?" She asked in a business like tone as she tossed her sweater on top of her belongings once more as she glanced from one male to the other while trying to keep how amazing and good-looking they looked in their attire to herself. Wow, model material for sure, she thought as she hoped her face didn't reveal too much interest.

The duo just stared at her in shock as they weren't sure how to react or respond to her question or to this random female that was standing in the manager's office. They looked at one another and at Serena a few more times, but still didn't speak at all. Dismissing her previous thought of the model-like males and not wanting to waste anymore time already, Serena began to dismiss the pair when none of them spoke after a few seconds have passed. "Well, if there's nothing you need from me, the other workers will be happy to take care of you as I need to attend to other things at the moment." Serena turned her back to them while tying her hair in a bun this time and the duo also slightly saw three more tattoos which were on her left and right shoulder blades and a few inches just below the nape of her neck which were partially obscure due to the tank shirt.

"Wait. Who are you exactly?" The shorter of the two asked her finally coming to his senses. "Oh, sorry about that. I'm the manager of MONBEBE." Serena turned to face them again as he gave her a once over with a scoff while smirking before he could actually let her officially introduce herself. "No you're not. Because I'm the manager, Shin Ho-." Serena interrupted him. "Oh, so that means you're Wonho then." "Yeah, that's me." He said taken aback just slightly at how this stranger knew his nickname as Serena then looked to the taller one. "And you are?" "I'm Hyungwon." He answered shortly after giving Serena an analytical look. "The assistant manager." "Ah, yeah that's right. The day assistant manager that called out today from what Kwangji has told me." Serena shot him a wry smile before looking at Hoseok. "If you have time, we need to talk about the store."

"What about the store?" He asked a bit defensively. "There's nothing wrong with it." "Well, um, there's just a lot of things that I have mentally taken down that I would like to discuss with you." Hoseok gave her another once over. "The last time I checked, there were no female staff at this MONBEBE location. So, I don't think we have anything to discuss about here, miss." Hoseok smiled at her sweetly as Serena internally rolled her eyes. "Um, let me make this clear again as I think I was unable to do so." She began as she walked towards her things to find the apron that she was wearing earlier to show Hoseok her name tag. "My name is Lim Yeon, and starting today I am also the manager at this MONBEBE store." Hyungwon was the first one to grab at the name tag before Hoseok could to double check.

"Hyung, look." Hyungwon told the older male while showing Hoseok her name tag as the older male turned to look at her once he read 'Lim Yeon' upon the badge. "Wait, you're a girl?" He asked in disbelief while Serena mentally facepalmed herself at the fact that he only cared about her gender right now. "Yes, I'm a girl and have been for my whole life." She waited for him to respond back. "I thought it was a guy. Are you sure you're Lim Yeon?" "Yes, I'm totally sure that I'm Lim Yeon. Anything else?" Serena looked at them with a small smile although on the inside she was feeling overwhelmed by how different everything ran here then all the other locations she had worked at.

"Anyways, um, I know this is sudden and I may be stepping on your feet and what not, but if one of you could tell me the password to the computer that would be great. I need to check the sales and labor and input information and such." She flashed them another smile as she waited for one of them to aid her. "Hyungwon, why don't you leave me and..." Hoseok turned to look at Serena as he momentarily forgot her name, or more like he couldn't believe that she was Lim Yeon and couldn't actually accept it. "Yeon." Serena inserted with a fake smile as Hoseok continued to talk. "Yes, right, Yeon. Yeon and I will do work stuff as you-" Serena interrupted him as she asked her own question instead. "Um, what time were you scheduled to work today?"

"I was scheduled to work the ten to four shift today." Hyungwon answered her instantly as Serena smiled widely at him. "Ah, cool. That means you can actually finish out the rest of your shift until then." Hyungwon looked at her dubiously before casting his eyes towards Hoseok for confirmation. "Uh..." Hoseok let out as Serena waited for both of their excuses for Hyungwon not to work. Before any of the two could say something there was a knock on the door and Hyungwon opened it as he was the one closes to it. "What do you need, Yoonho?" Hyungwon asked seeing the younger male there as he opened the door wider. "It's two-thirty and I wanted to make sure to check out with you guys before I leave." Yoonho answered as he glance from one manager to the other.

"You can go." "Did you stock everything?" Hoseok and Serena said at the same time as they looked at one another while Yoonho debated upon which manager he should listen and respond to first. "Actually, since I'm new and um, Wonho here is your main manager, you should uh, go and listen to him." Serena reasoned with a smile as she finally realized that she can't just come into a place and act like she owned it or have been there since the beginning. "Um, okay." Yoonho let out slowly, but glanced at Serena. "I did stock everything like you told me to though." "Ah, that's good. Then yea

Please log in to read the full chapter