Closer

자나깨나 니 생각 ~Always On My Mind~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Serena watched the two walked away in admiration of how much they loved and cared for one another. She was happy for her friend and Yonghee deserved the happiness that Yongin brought in to her friend's life since four years ago. "A lovely pair, aren't they?" A male voice spoke next to her and Serena turned to see who it was, but didn't recognize the guy. "Um, yes, they are. You know the groom or bride?" "The groom." He smiled at Serena, but the smile didn't quite match his eyes. "And how about you?" "Both, but I've known the bride longer." "I see." He let out and then cast her a sheepish look. "Oh, where are my manners? I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Park Taejun." He stuck out a hand for Serena to shake, which she did out of polite mannerism. "Lim Yeon."

Then she pulled it from out of his grip when he unexpectedly kissed the top part of her hand while trying not to make a face at his action. "My apologies. A gentleman's habit." He smiled apologetically, but Serena faked a smile not believing him. "Ah, I see." She said to him while trying to hold back the urge to wipe the hand he kissed against her dress. "So, um, Yeon, are you here alone?" He asked like he didn't make the situation awkward earlier and that they were always on familiar terms. "I have my car on hand if you wanna ditched this place." Taejun shot her a grin in her direction and Serena shook her head at him with mild disgust. "No thanks." "Don't be like that. I know this great tattoo parlor in Gangnam and I'm sure you'll lo-"

"I'm pretty sure she said 'no thanks'." Hoseok interrupted Taejun in a firm tone as he stood beside Serena and placed a comforting hand at the small of her back. "And she's with me, Taejun." "Ah, Hoseok." Taejun let out mockingly with a click of his tongue. "You're still not with Dasom?" "No. I'm happily with Yeon now." Serena stayed quiet not wanting to intervene as she didn't care about how the two knew one another, but was grateful for Hoseok coming when he did. "That's too bad. I thought you and Dasom would have last much longr with your on and off relationship, but," He trailed off as he cast a glance at Serena, "Yeon is a great catch, too." He was about to skim his fingers against Serena's arm, but she deflected his hand away from her. "Yeah, no. I don't think so."

Taejun's jaw set tightly upon the rejection, but he remained cool. "I'm sure I can change your mind, Yeon. If you give me the chance." Hoseok was about to tell Taejun to back off, but Serena beat him to it. "Like I said before, no thanks. Now if you'll excuse us, my boyfriend and I have somewhere else to be." She put emphasis on the boyfriend part as she locked arms with Hoseok and maneuvered themselves in the opposite direction while Taejun glared and stormed off in the other direction clearly dissatisfied. When the couple walked away far enough, Serena released a relieved breath as she let go of Hoseok's arm to run a hand through her hair, but found it being entwined with Hoseok's instead. "What are you doing?"

"Holding my girlfriend's hand of course because she let go of my arm." Hoseok grinned as he spoke in a tone like it was obvious as Serena cast him a weird look. "Since when was I your girlfriend?" "Since you called me your boyfriend just now." "You heard wrong." She denied as she tried to free her hand from his grip, but he held on tight with a smile. "No, I heard right and I have a place in mind that we can go to." "Why?" "Because you're the one that said that we have somewhere else to be." "I only said it to get that idiot to back off." "Either way, we're still going." "Why am I not surprised." Hoseok chuckled as he brought their interlocked hands to his lips to kiss her knuckles. "You're so cute." "And you're super annoying." Hoseok let out another chuckle. "I know."

~~~~~~~

Hyunwoo and Melanie stood in front of the N Seoul Tower as the duo raised their heads to scan its staggering height. "Wow. It's a lot bigger and taller than I expected." Melanie commented in awe as Hyunwoo glanced at her. "Is this the first time you've been here?" "Yeah. Always wanted to come, but no time and too lazy." Melanie answered with a laugh. "Huh, I figured you would have been here before." Hyunwoo commented softly. "Why?" Melanie asked with a raised eyebrow while turning her attention to him as Hyunwoo shrugged his shoulders while he looked away. "You seem like it." "I seem like a lot of things." "Yeah, that's true, too." The male chuckled as he tugged the female inside while asking Melanie what she wanted to do.

"Um, honestly, I only know about the Locks of Love and the restaurants. Also, those are the only two reasons on why I wanted to come here in the first place." Melanie answered with a laugh while Hyunwoo let out a shy grin as he nodded his head. "Locks of Love it is then." Melanie cast him a neutral look. "We don't have to, if you don't want to, Hyunwoo." Melanie told him as the duo made their way to the attraction. "No, it's fine." Hyunwoo told her as he tried to keep his composure from being overly excited that he and Melanie were going to do the padded locks in a few seconds. "It's why I decided to take you here for our first official date, Won." Melanie smiled widely upon hearing his words. "Well then, it's a great first date so far."

The pair arrived at the Roof Terrance, chose their locks, sat down on the lopsided bench, and debated upon what to write on their padded lock. Melanie thought about what she wanted to write and unconsciously glanced at Hyunwoo who was already writing on his. She furrowed her eyebrows at the thought that he already had something in mind. "What are you writing?" She asked the male as Hyunwoo paused and looked at the female blankly. "Huh?" Melanie smiled and repeated her question as Hyunwoo glanced down at his writing while a shy look graced his face before facing her. "Um, you can find out a year from now." "What if we don't last for a year or maybe a month or two from now?" Melanie stated playfully as Hyunwoo glared. "Don't say that."

Melanie laughed as she glancd at her own padded lock as she began scribbling her message on it. "What are you writing?" Hyunwoo asked her once he finished his message. Melanie glanced at him with a teasing smile. "You can find out in a year from now." "So we are going to last forever then." Hyunwoo grinned as Melanie continued to tease. "I didn't say that." His smiling face turned into a frown as he took her lock to interlaced it with his. "Hey." Melanie let out in surprise as she tried to take it back. "I'm not done." "I'll finish it for you." He shot her a devilish grin as he was about to write on it, but Melanie placed her hand above the locks so he couldn't read it. "You're not supposed to know what it says." "Fine." He handed her lock back to her. "Thanks." "Yeah, yeah."

The female shook her head at the male's slightly dampened mood as she placed a kiss on his cheek. "I'm only teasing." "Wait, until I get you back." Hyunwoo muttered as Melanie rolled her eyes with a smile while finishing her message. "Yeah, yeah, Anyways, let's find a spot we'll both remember." She told him as she stood with Hyunwoo in tow as the duo looked for an area that they could locked their locks upon. "There." Melanie pointed to a spot as Hyunwoo locked their locks with one another with another pair's. "Hopefully in a year, we'll be able to find it." Hyunwoo commented with a hopeful sigh. "If not, we can always do it again." Melanie stated in a positive tone as Hyunwoo glanced at her. "I think doing it once is good enough. Now, let's go eat." "Call."

~~~~~~~

When Serena finally took notice of the streets of Myeongdong, she let out a soft groan upon recognizing the shopping district as Hoseok asked her what was wrong while keeping his eyes in front of him. "Are y

Please log in to read the full chapter