With XOXO

자나깨나 니 생각 ~Always On My Mind~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

When Serena was just a few minutes awy from MONBEBE, she noticed there was quite a line forming. Most of them female. She pushed her way through while showing them her name tag along the way as many of them shouted at her by telling her to get to the end of the line and wait her turn. Serena had no idea what was going on or why many of them were acting like such until she actually walked through the doors just slightly before four o'clock. Serena was instantly greeted by six of the normal workers with a new greeting of 'Hello, love! Welcome to Heart's Day, MONBEBE!'. Also she tilted her head when she saw that the six were also dressed in a red and black waiter uniform instead of their regular clothes and an ash grey apron over it.

"What the...?" She let out confused as she scanned the cafe and heard lots of cheers were coming from the other side of the store while a few of the customers came in and out one at a time. "The hell is going on?" "Oh, hey noona." Yoonho greeted her first with a bright smile. "Wonho hyung has been wondering when you were going to show up today." "I wrote it on the board that I was coming in at four." Serena stated with a curious look. "Why is he looking for me?" Yoonho shrug. "I dunno, but I have to go take care of the guests outside. Sorry. Excuse me." He told her as she noticed Yoonho carrying a clipboard as he left while she tilted her head in confusion before turning to look for another worker. "Hey, Yoosu. What's going on?"

She motioned around her with a lost expression. "I thought everyone had different schedules, what's up with today?" Yoosu smiled at her a bit uneasily as he wasn't sure how to actually explain the situation to her. "Uh, well since today's Valentine's Day, it's a bit different than normal." "I can see that. Only on this day?" "Actually, no. On holidays we do a certain theme decided by Hoseok hyung and everyone actually works all day on those days." "Ahh, that explains the attire and seeing everyone at once." She then noticed the managers weren't around. "Where are the other three? I don't see them." Yoosu pointed to where a majority of the guests were located. "They're over there." "And what's happening over there?" "The X-O-X-O contest." "And that means?"

"Here Yoosu, could you deliver the rest of these and I'll explain the rest to Yeon noona." Kwangji came up to the duo as he handed a tray filled with special items not on the actual menu to Yoosu who happily took it and hurried away. "So, Kwangji, what's this whole X-O-X-O contest thing about?" Serena asked Kwangji who let out a shy laugh before explaining. "Well, it's how we tendered to the needs of those on Valentine's Day. You can say." The younger male looked at Serena who waited for him to explain further. "Well, if a customer buys something from our special menu, which is for Valentine's Day today, then all of the proceeds will go to the charities that the staff pick."

"A special menu?" Serena was impressed by the thought of this. "Aww, that's nice of you guys." "Yup." He then pointed at the crowd on the other side of the cafe again. "And if you're feeling very generous and buy everything on that special menu, the bonus gift is receiving a one minute hug and a kiss on the cheek from one of our managers of your choosing." Serena whipped her head to stare at Kwangji in slight panicked. "What?" Before Kwangji could explain further, Gunhee intercepted. "I got this, hyung. You go man the front. It's getting kind of hectic." Kwangji obliged with a sweet smile as Gunhee moved Serena away from the crowd and towards the back of the cafe. "It's not that bad of thing, noona. It's honestly very helpful." Gunhee reasoned as Serena let out a wry laugh. "I didn't say it was a bad thing, Gunhee." Gunhee let out a steady breath. "Oh, right. Well, that's good then."

Gunhee had led Serena to the staff lockers as he handed her some package she couldn't make out. "This is for you." "What is it?" She asked taking the item. "It's your uniform." "Oh, I have to wear this, too?" Gunhee shot her a 'duh' look. "Of course. You're part of this MONBEBE crew, so you have to wear what we wear, too. Even if we don't like it as much." "Haha, OKOK. Got it." Serena mock salute in understanding. "Although the outfit you're wearing isn't so bad, but it just doesn't match the theme we're going for." Gunhee admitted with a laugh as Serena smiled. "Yeah, I know right. Anyways, it's no worries. I'll get change and join the rest of you guys out there." "Alright, noona, see you soon." Gunhee left so Serena could change into her outfit.

After changing, Serena noticed that her uniform was opposite in coloring of the other boys' attire. "Hmm, not bad. Kind of cute actually." She admired herself with a slight frown. "Just wish it was a little looser." Serena dismissed the thought as she hurried to put away her things in the locker, but not before grabbing nine of the goodies bags. "Hehe, at least I can play Chocolate Fairy in style." She chuckled as she exited the lockers and back out to the front. She spotted Seokwon first. "Seokwon. Here you go. Happy Valentine's Day." She said as she handed him a bag. "Oh, wow, thanks noona." Seokwon let out happily as he took the bag after dropping off the trays he held. "You look really good in your outfit." "You're not so bad looking in yours, too."

Seokwon blushed at the comment as he muttered a quick 'thank you' before running out another order. "Hmm, one down, eight more to go." Serena muttered as she stared down at the rest of the sweets before looking up and catching the eye of Minkyun. "Minkyun~" Serena cooed as she happily skipped over to him as he wasn't busy at the moment while he looked a bit frightened as she strolled up to him. "Yes, noona?" Serena dangled the mini bag in front of him. "Happy Valentine's Day!" "Happy Valentine's Day to you, too." He smiled as he happily took the item. "Did you make these for everyone?" "Yup. Enjoy!" She waved as she went to find the others who weren't that far away. "Kwangji, one for you, and Gunhee, one for you." She said as she handed the duo their treats. "Thanks noona." They grinned at her before returning to their tasks at hand.

As she was walking around to look for the other two regular workers, she spotted Yoosu returning with a flustered look. "You okay?" She asked him as Yoosu stopped upon hearing her. "Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Why?" "You just looked a little upset." Yoosu let out a sigh. "It's just days like this makes it overwhelming." Yoosu admitted with a sheepish look. "Everyone gets so caught up with the theme and the customers are a little more antsy than usual." "Aww, sorry about that, but hey, maybe this will cheer you up a bit." Serena told him with a smile as she handed him a goodies bag. "I made it. Happy Valentine's Day. Also, people are like that without knowing, honestly. So I try not to hold it against them. Sometimes." "Haha, thanks noona. I appreciate it. The advice and this." He said as he held up the bag. "Hehe, you're welcome. Now fighting!" "Fighting!"

Serena watched as Yoosu's mood seemed to improve than before as he smiled at the guests with a better facial expression than before. "There we go. Just a little cheer up is all you need from time to time." She said to no one in particular as she wondered where Yoonho was before giving out the rest of the treats to the managers as she assumed they must be busy doing the whole kiss and hug thing. "If I can avoid that, then I'm golden to enjoy the rest of this day without further affections than needed." Serena heard the bell dinged and remembered that Yoonho was outside doing something with a clipboard earlier. "Ohh, let's see what he's doing out there." And that's where Serena headed and found Yoonho swamped by female customers.

"Yoonho?" Serena asked questioningly as Yoonho looked relieved and rushed over to her. "Do you think you can help me?" "How?" He handed the clipboard over to her while explaining what needed to be done. "This is just a survey one by one of what they would like for us to do next Valentine's Day. I really need to use the toilet." "Oh, okay. Well, here. Happy Valentine's Day." Serena said as she passed him a goodie bag. "Oh, thanks, noona. Bye." He took the bag with a smile before running back into MONBEBE. Serena then turned to look at the crowd before looking down at the clipboard. This is too much work and hassle to do physically, Serena thought as she ignored the clipboard and announced to the crowd that the survey was discontinued until another time.

She entered back inside MONBEBE just as she overheard two male voices saying, 'We''ll buy everything on the special menu if we get the bonus gift with her', and she turned to the source of the sound and saw two high school age boys standing with Gunhee. "Actually she's not-" Serena interrupted Gunhee without meaning too as she looked at the two males and placed the clipboard onto the counter. "So the both of you will actually buy everything on the special menu?" "Yeah." They nodded their head a bit timid by the sudden appeareance of Serena in front of them. "OK, cool." She smiled just as she felt herself being pulled away by Gunhee to have a word with her. "Noona, you know that you don't actually have to go through with it."

"Well, if the male managers are doing the bonuses for the female guests, then I have to do it for the male customers. Plus, it's no fun if you only tender to the female population leaving the males left out." Serena reasoned as Gunhee listened, but still wasn't sure about the whole order. "Yes, but all of this was decided by Hoseok hyung. So I'm not sure if he'll be okay with it." "I'm sure he'll be okay and although that true he was the one that thought of this, but that's kind of a bias thinking isn't it?" "Um, well I suppose." "Hey, if he gets mad, tell him I made you do it." Serena threw him a double thumbs up. "So just direct the males my way after their purchases and I'll take care of it from there. It's just a one minute hug and a kiss on the cheek, right?"

Gunhee then looked at the older woman with a sheepish look. "Yes, but uh, they're also allowed one free photo opportunity, too." "Oh, so that means they get to take a selca with me, too?" Serena asked with a tilt of her head. "Uh, yeah. A photo opportunity with a cheek kiss and a one minute hug." Serena contemplated if she wanted to actually show that much affection for the holiday even though she wanted to originally stay low-key as possible. She shrugged agreeing with the idea. "I guess it can't be helped. Sure. I just go to where the other three are, right?" "Yup, Yeon, noona." Gunhee smiled at her. "I'll just get these two customers for you and then we can head over there." "Alright."

Gunhee returned to the counter and took the two younger males' orders for this bonus gifts before they headed to the other side of the cafe where the main event was being held. Serena noticed that the other managers were also wearing the special uniform, but she also noticed that her outfit only matched with Hoseok. "Why are only us two in the same color?" Serena asked herself as she saw Kihyun taking a selca with a female high school student, Hyungwon giving a kiss to an older female guest, and Hoseok hugging an auntie. "For some reason this seems like a fansign meeting." Serena chuckled as the thought crossed her mine while she continued watching the trio catered to the female population.

After that set of customers were done, Gunhee walked towards the trio before the next set could start, and was explaining the new addition concerning Serena. She waved at them when their heads turned in her direction, but she noticed that Hoseok looked at her longer while giving her a once over as he pointed at his uniform with a hudge smile before focusing his attention back with the others. "This bish. He purposely made us have matching uniforms as we're managers of MONBEBE." Serena grumbled as she crossed her arms over her chest and then remembered the goodie bags in her hold. "Oh yeah, almost forgot about these." She looked back up at the boys. "Hmm, they can wait until after this is all over. I just hope it's s

Please log in to read the full chapter