Special Treats

자나깨나 니 생각 ~Always On My Mind~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Serena quickly pulled her Pho Phoever hoodie over her tank shirt and track shorts as she ran out of her room with tote bag in hand to pick up her sisters and cousin. "I can't believe I slept for another thirty minutes after hitting the freaking snooze button twice." She muttered to herself while slipping into her sandals and dipping out of the apartment to the parking garage. "I hope I make it on time or their flight gets slightly delayed or something along those lines." She continued to mutter to herself as she entered the elevator and rode it down to the parking lot already feeling grateful that no one else was on the lift with her. Serena then pulled her phone out of her hoodie's pocket to check the time. 08:19 was the time her hand phone read and she let out a relieved breath. "Still got time." Serena was about to step out of the elevator as she remembered something. "Damn, I totally forgot about Cupcake."

~~~~~~~

"Have fun hanging out with your mom later today in Sangam." Melanie told Katherine as the sisters helped their cousin get her things out of the car as they dropped Katherine off at her apartment complex in Itaewon. "Oh, don't remind me. That's like an hour drive already." Katherine let out a sigh. "I was supposed to be on vacation, but she needs my help because her secretary got food poisoning after returning from his break." "Ah, that ." Serena frowned at the experience. "I hate when that happens because that so much." "I know." Katherine agreed. "Tell auntie hi for me." Yeojin told her cousin while giving Katherine a hug. "And give her this hug, too." Katherine chuckle as she hugged Yeojin as well. "I promise to give her the hug, too." She then patted her on the head. "Have fun at school tomorrow." "Eung."

The sisters bid their cousin goodbye before making their way to Apgujeong to visit their parents who happened to return from their European trip just a few hours before the trio did. Yeojin's mother, Narae, insisted on having them drop by so that she could see Yeojin and have the opportunity to drop her off back at school tomorrow. It was also why Serena had to make sure Cupcake and her things were all packed to stay with the parents as well when her dad, Sangchul, had called her late last night about the whole ordeal. Melanie told Serena that it was a bit of an inconvenience as the four of them had already discussed about what they were going to do before the sisters left for their trip to Japan. Narae decided to change her mind at the last minute.

~~~~~~~

"Ahh, Hawaii is such a wonder place to visit any time of the year, I say." Narae exclaimed a bit breathlessly in memory of her recent vacation with Sangchul. "I'm so glad we left Norway the same day we arrived. Hawaii just makes for a better getaway in the end and for any time away for vacation." She continued all smiles as the family sat around the large living of the parents' home. "So how was the trip to Japan? Tell me all about it." Narae asked excitedly while she looked at her daughter and step-daughters expectantly. "It was fun and the same as always." Serena answered in a neutral tone with a smile. "It was cut short by a day or two, but it was alright in the end." "Yeah, same. It was much needed." Melanie added with a nod of her head. "We had fun." Then Yeojin launched into her stories of each day with exaggerrated details, but no one stopped or corrected her.

Later on Narae took Yeojin to the little girl's room to plan out what her daughter wanted to wear for her first day back to school tomorrow while leaving the older two sisters alone with their father. "So how is it at the company?" Sangchul asked both of his daughters as they both shrug while Melanie spoke first. "It's chill. A lot better than dealing with customers that's for sure." Their father chuckle. "That's what Eric has told me, too." He then frowned. "He also told me about the incident with this Hyungsoo man. I decided to fire him." Melanie's eyes widened. "Why?!" Sangchul held up a palm to stop his daughter from saying anymore as he already knew well enough what she was going to say next. "I didn't fire him because of that incident with you, Chaewon, although he should have been, but Eric told me that you didn't want that."

"Yeah." She let out softly as her father continued. "Eric informed me that he has returned to his old ways when he was demoted and transferred to another section within the company. Although Eric did reprimand Hyungsoo, I guess it wasn't enough of a warning for him. So I decided to let him go for the better of the workers and the company itself." "But why did it take so long to deal with him?" Serena asked shortly after as her father turned to look at his eldest daughter. "Because no one reported anything or stood up to him, until," He looked at his middle daughter with a smile, "Chaewon did and said something." "Hell yeah I did." Melanie commented with a proud look. "Dad, he was so dumb. I'm glad he's gone. Everything is much better at Sales now."

Sangchul chuckled upon hearing Melanie's words about it as he turned to look at Serena again with a soft look. "Andy told me about what happened at MONBEBE the other day. How is that going?" Serena shrugged. "It should be good actually. It re-opened again today." Sangchul raised an eyebrow impressed. "You got the damages fixed that fast? I figured it would take at least a week to get it running again. Andy didn't mention anything to me about that." "Oh, I forgot to tell him, that's why." Serena chuckled before explaining. "Anyways, I had helped from my police friends and all of the employees." Serena said with a smile. "Because of that, we were able to get it cleaned up and back in business. Also the new procedures are working out, too."

"That's good to hear and know, Chaeyeon." Her father shot her a proud look before looking at both of them equally. "I'm glad to know that the both of you are doing very well." "It could be better." Melanie added nonchalantly as Sangchul rolled his eyes. "Like, what? More vacation days?" "That would be nice. I could go with uncle Steve." Melanie chuckled as the other two shot her weird looks. "Why?" Serena asked her sister as Melanie replied. "I think he's overworking himself since he seems to be forgetting who he assigned what workload to." Sangchul thought about it. "I guess I could get someone in to fill in for him for the time being. I think he deserves a vacation. He hardly ever takes one." "If you do, then can I go, too?" Melanie asked again.

"No." Her father declined with a laugh as Melanie rolled her eyes. "Messed up." "Who are you thinking of filling in his spot?" Serena asked her father as Sangchul shrugged. "I don't know since I already have a feeling that neither of you would want to do it." The sisters nodded in agreement as Sangchul tried to think of someone to fill in for Steve. "Hmm, I guess I could ask the other three uncles who aren't busy." "I think uncle Dongwan mentioned something about helping out at SEVENTH COLOR last year." Serena said as Melanie looked over at her. "You mean two months ago?" "Yeah, pretty much." "Alright, I'll give him a call first before asking the other two." Sangchul smiled at his daughters. "Thanks." "No problem." Just then Narae returned to the living room without Yeojin.

"Yeojin's taking a nap right now. I think she's pooped from the flight. Anyways, do you girls want to stay for a little while longer?" Narae asked them as she joined Sangchul on the couch as the sisters looked at one another with a shrug. "Actually we have to get going." Serena excused them first. "I still have to pick something up at the MONBEBE in Samseong for Seocho as uncle Andy sent it to the wrong location. And since I'm already here, I might as well pick it up as the manager over there didn't want to meet me halfway yesterday to give it to me." Melanie shook her head knowing full well who that manager was as she stood up to stretch. "I still have to unpack." Melanie added with a yawn. "And I have to make the notes for the meeting from yesterday, too. Sorry."

"Ah, another time then." Narae said with an understanding smile as she and the other two stood up to bid one another goodbye with hugs and endearments. When the sisters got back into the car with Melanie driving this time, they looked at one another and commented that Narae was getting better. "At least she's not an evil-stepmom like how every book and movie make them out ot be." Serena stated as Melanie agreed. "I know. I think she's just trying to wrap this whole motherhood thing around her head. I don't blame. Dad's the same way, too." "Yeah, I know. Kind of sad, but can't blame him." "True that." It was silent in the car saved the music playing from the speakers. "Can we not stop by that location and you can ask someone else to pick up instead?" "Shut up and go. You don't even have to get out of the car to see your ex." "Oh, then cool."

~~~~~~~

"I can't believe they thought you were me!" Melanie cackled as she and Serena were now on their way to the Seocho location after Serena had picked up the large package in Samseong. "And then Jonghyun giving you a hug from behind because he missed me. Ah, I miss that kid although he's a bit weird." Serena wasn't amused as practically all of the boys have hugged her thinking she was Melanie, except Minsoo as he knew Serena wasn't his ex-girlfriend. "Ugh, and that one guy, Ricky was being all pouty and cute and I just wanted to punch him in the face." "Little Ricky is such a little cutie, what?" "And then that Chunji guy was flirting with me while giving me these flirty winks and kisses when Minsoo went to grab the package."

"Yeah, Chunji's definitely flirty by nature." Melanie agreed with a laugh as Serena let out another breath of air. "The only normal ones, from what I could see, was Joe and Niel. After hugging me, they didn't do anything else." "Yeah, they're kinda shy at first, but they're totally friendly and out-going once you get to know them." Serena didn't comment as Melanie asked her question. "Did he ask about me?" "Yeah, he did actually." Serena answerd with a tired tone. "He wan

Please log in to read the full chapter