Work Meetings and Then Some

자나깨나 니 생각 ~Always On My Mind~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Good morning, everyone." Hoseok announced with a tired smile as he looked at his fellow male co-workers who were all gathered in the center of MONBEBE with several tables and chairs pushed together on this Thursday's morning a few days after Valentine's Day. "I'm so glad all of you could come so early for this meeting." "Why are we even having a meeting?" Minkyun asked raising a hand in a sleepy state with Gunhee joining him. "Yeah why are we? We never had meetings before." "And why does it have to be at eight in the morning?" Yoosu groaned as he slumped against an already sleeping Hyungwon. "Well," Hoseok let out not sure himself. "It's because of me." Serena announced happily as she joined them while carrying a few poster boards in her arms. "I decided to have a meeting to talk about new procedures, schedules, and what not."

"New procedures? Like what?" Kihyun asked trying to stay awake as Serena set up her poster boards onto the table to face them all. "That's what I'll be explaining through these and you guys may or may not like them as this meeting and explanation goes on." Serena gave them a small smile while Kwangji raised a hand and Serena nodded her head in acknowledgment. "Yes, Kwangji?" "Um, if you don't mind me asking, was this decided by noona, Hoseok hyung, or the higher up?" "I had nothing to do with this." Hoseok stated with a sheepish chuckle as he had sat down with the rest of the crew leaving Serena to stand by herself in front of everyone. "I'm hearing and seeing all of this for the first time as the rest of you."

"It's um, a bit of both from myself and corporate." Serena smiled at them gently. "Alright, um let's begin." Serena then began the meeting talking about the work schedules and clock in and clock out time. Also, Serena went on to explain about managers being on time and not leaving early and that they will start learning to open and close as well as count money and getting more responsibilities. Hyungwon became awake and didn't seem pleased by this new revelation, while Kihyun seemed interested, but disliked the fact about having more responsibilities. Also Serena went on about when those that leave and someone coming into replace them, some of the crew let out nods in agreement while others didn't seem concerned about it.

Serena then went on more about that discussion before transitioning to the proper procedures of stocking items as well as using the oldest products first before the newest ones and to start labeling things from now on. And that night crew will not leave things for morning crew to worry about as well as morning crew not leaving only things for night crew to deal with as well. The older woman continued to talk about more things dealing with MONBEBE, the crew, hiring female workers, the procedures that was being done and the need of re-training as well, and the customers while using the poster boards but it seemed to disagree with what Hoseok was used to although he never voiced anything while the rest of the crew mimicked his behavior as she could see it in their posture and facial expressions matching their male manager.

The female manager ended her presentation in about half an hour or so and left room for discussion and hoped that she would get some sort of feedback she could work with and satisfy everyone. Serena looked at everyone, but they kind of avoided her gaze until she met Hoseok's. She couldn't read anything from them as he stood up with a condescending smile upon his face and Serena knew she wasn't going to like what he would say next. "I don't approve." He stated as he pointed at her poster boards. "What is that you don't approve of?" Serena asked him, hoping he would go into further details of his disagreement. "Well, since you ask, I don't approve of the time schedules, hiring more workers, throwing out waste, putting in security cameras, not catering to all of the customers' needs, the re-train-" Serena interrupted him. "Basically everything. You don't approve any of it."

"When you put it like that, Yeon, then yes. Basically I do not approve any of it." Hoseok told her with that same condescending smile and Serena just nodded her head with a strained smile. "I see. Anyone else?" She looked at the rest of the crew, but still none of them didn't voice out their own opinions and avoided her gaze. She let out a sigh and faced Hoseok. "Even if you don't approve any of it, Wonho, the majority of all of this has already been decided by the higher ups. Mr. Lee has already given me the OK to run with it." "Oh has he now?" Hoseok let out clearly surprised, but played it off like it didn't bother him. "Well, then I guess for you, Lim Yeon, you'll have a great time running the store by yourself with the new implements. Good luck. C'mon fellas, let's go." Hoseok said as he motioned for the other workers to follow him as he walked away from Serena.

Serena watched them in shock and silence as one by one the rest of the co-workers followed after Hoseok not even sparing a mere glance in Serena's direction. "Wait, guys. C'mon." Serena pleaded as she hoped that at least one of them would stay, but they continued to ignore her pleads. "Seriously, c'mon. You can't be serious about walking out on me and MONBEBE? This isn't the time to be joking right now. Guys? We honestly open in an hour." They continued to ignore her as they left the cafe with Hoseok being the last to leave, but not before saying to the older woman, "This isn't a joke, Yeon. You can't just come in here and act like you own everything and can do whatever as you please without actually talking to us about it. Have a good day." Hoseok mock saluted before leaving MONBEBE as Serena let out an annoyed breath.

"It's not my fault that my dad actually happens to own it and he and uncle Andy makes me deal with what they want me to do with it in their place when I don't want to." The older woman then rubbed her cheeks up and down in a comforting method as she inhale and exhale a few times. "Just like back in Cheongdam, but without shutting down. I hope." She put on a smile and let out another breath. "I guess it'll just be a very slow, hectic, and annoying day today. Please let it all be okay after today." Serena then went about on doing the opening for the store and preparing for the outcome of not having anyone to come and help her with it all. And so she put in motion of a plan that would help her to not burn down the place after the morning rush and not calling for uncle Andy to send in backup. "This is my responsibility now and I will eventually make it work, somehow."

~~~~~~~

"Oh Won, you sit right here to my left." Junggi informed Melanie as the Marketing and Advertising team were having a meeting. Melanie got up from her place next to Bora and Changkyun as she sat to Junggi's left while Hyunwoo sat to his right. She smiled at Hyunwoo who didn't return the same gesture and faced away from her. "Rude." Melanie muttered as she took her spot and looked across from her and saw that Changkyun had moved to sit across from her instead even though a meter separated them. "What are you doing?" She mouthed to him as the younger male grinned. "So that I can watch you fall asleep from how boring work meetings go." "That's messed up. I won't." "If you're anything like Yeon noona, then you might." "No. I doodled and pretend like I'm paying attention." "Now that's messed up." The duo's conversation was interrupted when Junggi began the meeting.

"Good morning, everyone. I hope all of you are prepared for what this meeting is going to discuss." Junggi announced before clicking a button to start the powerpoint. "We're going to start with discussions about last month's sales and compare it to the previous year's sales." Junggi began his speech of STARSHIP's sales of their products and brands they help run and organize while Melanie tried to pay attention. She lost interest ten minutes into the meeting as she was now doodling on the agenda out of boredom to keep herself awake. Melanie soon felt something hit her propped arm and saw that it was a mini paper airplane. She glanced to see who could have thrown it at her and saw that Changkyun was slightly pointing at himself with a sly grin before making a motion for her to open it.

Melanie did so out of boredom and read the message inside her head. "You're gonna get caught." Melanie looked at Changkyun and crumpled up the paper in response as Changkyun frown at her reaction while shaking his head. She then smiled at him before hearing a loud-enough-for-you-to-hear cough and turned to the source to see Hyunwoo staring at her and moving his eyes to indicate for her to pay attention to Junggi's presentation. Melanie ignored him, but glanced to the current slide and saw that it was a topic about Cafe Dudart with AOMG. Her mind wandered to random thoughts of the AOMG crew. I wonder how the boys are doing? I still need to apologize for not attending the Seoul and Busan dates for the Follow the Movement Tour. Nah, bet they forgot since none blew up my phone yet. Unless they blowing up Serena's instead? Whatever, don't care.

Soon enough the TRI-A-M was snapped back to reality five minutes later when she felt something hit her arm again and looked towards Changkyun who grinned at her one pointing at the papered star he had flicked at her to open it. Melanie ignored him and pushed the paper back towards the younger male not wanting to deal with the whole passing notes situation. Changkyun rose from his rolling chair to retrieve the item so that he wouldn't get caught. Once he successfully retrieved it, he sat back down only to crash to the floor as his rolling chair had moved away when he stood up. Everyone turned to look at him as he silently laughed at his embarrassment and continued to just sit there on the floor.

"Is everything alright, Changkyun?" Junggi asked pausing in the middle of his speech. "Yes, hyung. I'm fine. Just wanted to test out the rolling chair." Changkyun replied as neutrally as possible while still hiding his red face. "I thought you tested it out that last time we had a meeting three months ago?" Junggi asked amused as Changkhyun coughed to hide his embarrassment once again. "Did I? I don't remember." "I see. Well, let me finished this up and you, Bora, and Soobin can present your powerpoint to us." Junggi said afterward as he continued on with his discussion for another twenty minutes before the other three took over. Melanie watched as the trio stood before them to talk about the new strategy to promote one of the products as Melanie tuned out a few minutes in as she had already read Changkyun's notes about it and knew where they were going with it.

I make such a great assistant manager, Melanie cynically thought as she smiled to herself while continuing her random doodling. I need something to snack on though. She suddenly looked up in thought, then turned her head to the right and caught the eyes of Hyunwoo looking at her. Hyunwoo panicked and shifted his gaze back to the screen and Melanie raised an eyebrow with a wry smile. Did he just turned because he got caught staring at me? Haha, nah. Probably something else. Melanie thought as she softly chuckled and returned her eyes back onto the meeting's itinerary. I wish I brought my bag. It has all my good snacks in there. She said to herself as she pulled out a strawberry starburst from her dress' pocket. "So glad these have pockets." She happily muttered to herself as she unwrapped the sweet-tart treat and placed it inside . "Mmm."

Junggi had leaned closer to Melanie and whispered with a

Please log in to read the full chapter