Excuse Me?

자나깨나 니 생각 ~Always On My Mind~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"So, Melanie..." Changkyun let out slowly as he and Melanie rode the elevator back up to their department floor after going on their two hour lunch break. "Hmm?" Melanie acknowledged as she looked over at him while Changkyun continue to look at her with his mouth opening and closing trying to find the right words to ask the question he wanted to ask the older woman. Melanie's face turned into a bored expression. "What is it kid?" "Hold on a second. I'm trying to find the right words." Melanie waited one second as he told her. "Alright, one second passed. What is it?" Changkyun shot her a look. "Give me a moment." Melanie rolled her eyes as she didn't want to give him a moment. "Any day now before Mr. Stop-Distracting-My-Co-Workers gets in the way." Changkyun laughed upon hearing the nickname that the older woman gave to the other assistant manager before finally formulating his question.

"If you and Hyunwoo actually fought, would you really fight him?" "Wait, what?" Melanie let out with a confused laugh. "Why you ask me that?" Changkyun shrugged indifferently. "Just curious if you would or wouldn't." "No." "No as in that you would fight him or no as in you wouldn't find him?" Melanie shot the younger male a narrowed look. "I would not fight him, Kyun." "Why not?" "The hell. Do you want me to fight the guy or something?" She asked bewildered by the persistent that Changkyun wanted her to fight Hyunwoo. "Actually yeah, because that would be something interesting to watch here at work as nothing really happens." "Dumb." She let out with a roll of her eyes as she turned away from her co-worker. "Dumbest shiet I've ever heard."

"Oh, c'mon, Lime. Serena would do it." Changkyun told her as Melanie shot him a look. "Bullshiet. She would not fight someone over something stupid like what you're asking me right now." Just as Changkyun was gonna say something else to justify his reason on why he wanted her to fight the other assistant manager, the elevator dinged as they arrived on the twelfth floor and standing on the other side was none other than the other assistant manager with a hard expressin on his face. Changkyun noticed him first and let out a nervous laugh while rambling. "Hyunwoo hyung. Oh, hey, hi, how are you doing? You're looking good in that suit and tie that you know that you always seem to wear to work like you know like all of the time."

Melanie laughed upon hearing the younger male's comment as she turned to face Hyunwoo and the laughter died instantly upon seeing his expression. "Oohh. Heh." She let out quietly as she composed her face into a calm-like one as she followed Changkyun out of the elevator just as silently as the younger man. "It's almost five thirty. Five-thirty." Hyunwoo stated while pointing at his watch before continuing. "Where were the two of you?" Hyunwoo questioned as he looked from one person to the other and back before settling his gaze onto Melanie. "You guys were gone for two hours for your lunch break. Two hours." He then looked at Changkyun. "You know that lunch is only an hour long." He continued to scold them, but his anger seemed to be directed at Melanie as his gaze glanced at her more often than Hyunwoo realized.

"It was my fault." Melanie admitted as she spoke first. "We-" Hyunwoo's eyes fastened onto her which made her stop speaking as he talked over her. "Miss Lim, as I've said before, please stop distracting my co-workers." He then said his next words in a level-headed manner. "You may do things on your own time as you're also an assistant manager with different instructions from Mr. Mun, but the others actually have to follow the rules like everyone else that works here." Melanie glared up at him. "Excuse me? Are you implying that I don't follow the rules and not work hard as the others?" "I'm not implying anything." He stated calmly, although Melanie could detect a hint of hardness in his tone. "I'm just saying that since you've been here a lot of the other works seem to have been focusing on other things besides their own work."

Ohh was Melanie's blood boiling as she wanted to thrash this guy around, but remembering that she was at work and should separate her personal feelings from that of a professional one, she tried to calm herself down from attacking the older male. Instead the two began a glaring contest with one another as Changkyun looked from one assistant manager to the other assistant manager with an amused expression. Before he could voiced out a comment, their concentration was interrupted by the manager. "Excuse me if I'm intruding, but is everything alright?" Junggi asked the trio as he walked up to them. "There's no conflict among the three of you I hope." He smiled at them, although the friendliness was a bit forced.

"No there isn't any." "Nothing's going on." Both assistant managers answered as they glanced at one another before returning their gaze to their manager while Changkyun remained quiet and off to the side although he was curious as to what would happen to the two. Junggi gazed at them carefully before settling his eyes on to Melanie. "So, Won, you're done shadowing Changkyun for today." "Excuse me? Already?!" Changkyun let out in disappointment, before coughing the awkwardness away. "I mean, so soon?" Junggi chuckled before explaining. "No worries, she'll be back shadowing you again tomorrow. I just need to give Won here her new orders for now." Hyunwoo looked over at Melanie and wondered what she would be doing now before looking at his boss. "Escuse me, sir, but what do you mean by new orders?"

Junggi looked over at the younger male to inform Hyunwoo of the new orders. "Dongrim just called me a while ago and he would like Won here to work with Jooyoung for the remainder of the day in the Department of Production." "Wait. I'm confused. Isn't she just a worker in this department only?" "Actually, I have recently been informed by Mr. Mun that Won is an assistant manager of three departments." "What?" Both Hyunwoo and Changkyun let out in surprise while looking at Melanie as Melanie tried to avoid their gaze and continued to look at Junggi instead. "Yes, that's right. Won here is a Tri-A-M of STARSHIP." Junggi continued to explain. "Although marketing and advertising is her main focus, she has been selected to help out in the Sales and Production line as well from today and onwards."

As that was settling in with the other two males, Melanie was having a conversation with herself in her head while holding in her annoyance. Ah, goddammit Dad. I said I only wanted to work in one department, but the other two wouldn't be so bad either. Ahh, seriously didn't think he would put me in all three. Why Dad?! Why?! What are you trying to do to me? Gah, I bet the other three uncles chipped in, too. Shiet man. I don't need anymore drama with this dude who now probably thinks I distracted more people to get my way to get up here. Still lost in thought, Hyunwoo had to actually elbow her on her side to snap Melanie back to reality. "Ow, what was that for?" She glared at Hyunwoo who then motioned with his chin towards the front and she turned in that direction to see Junggi with a patient smile.

"Oh, sorry, but uh, yes?" Melanie asked unsure as she gave him her own smile, although a bit hesitant as Junggi repeated what he was trying to tell her earlier. "I was informing you that the Production department is the floor below us on the eleventh floor. So please report to Jo Dongrim as he is the production manager and your boss for the rest of your shift." "Ah, yes, yes." Melanie nodded her head although now she felt like it was going to be totally awkward from here on out. "Oh, let me get the files for Dongrim, and you can deliver those for me as well." Junggi told her as he made his way back to his office to get them. Once he was gone, did Changkyun interrogated her.

"You're going to be an assistant manager of three departments now?" He asked in Korean with shock. "That's more than what Hyunwoo hyung does and he has been here for like five years already. Melanie groaned to herself although her face didn't show it. Great. He has another reason to hate me. Shiet. Like I need anymore drama with this guy. She told herself. Hyunwoo just looked at her not saying anything, but she had a feeling there were a lot of things on his mind that he would lay it all out on her if given the chance to do so. "Here you go." Junggi announced as he handed Melanie the file and she took it gratefully to break the eye contact with the other male. "You may want to go. Dongrim can be a bit impatient."

"Ah, yes. Will do Mr. Go." Melanie nodded as she bowed to the trio and re-entered the elevator as fast as she could. Changkyun waved at her sadly with a pout while making a 'call-me' motion later as Junggi cast her a friendly smile with a small wave while Hyunwoo just looked at her with a stoic expression and Melanie just waved at the trio with a small smile. The elevator doors shut and she finally let out a relieve breath as she rested her back against the wall of the elevator. "Dad I love you and all, but you're so annoying at times when times like these occur more than I like." She muttered with eyes close as she tried to rid of the headache that she knew was beginning to form because of the little situation just now. "I wanna go home now."

~~~~~~~

"So that's basically it for inputting the data for the Department of Production." Jooyoung informed Melanie once he was done showing her a few of the data inputs he did. "It's like this for every department, but there's just a few minor things that are different within each one." He cast her a smile as Melanie returned the same gesture. "Thank you, Jooyoung. Yeah, there's not that much of a difference, but I believe I got it now." "Do you want me to help you with the rest of it?" He asked with a hopeful look as Melanie shrugged indifferently while looking at the large stacks of files that need inputting. "If you don't have anything else to do, then sure, you can help me." She then cast him a smile. "Mr. Jo doesn't mind if you do?"

Jooyoung dismissed it with a wave. "Nah. I'm his best worker, plus I always get it done. That's why he depends on me a lot." Melanie chuckled hearing it. "That must mean you don't face his wrath of being impatience." "You know it." He grinned at

Please log in to read the full chapter