Catch Up

자나깨나 니 생각 ~Always On My Mind~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"So this is where you've been hiding." Came a male voice behind Serena who was in the office analyzing the security tape. She paused the video and swiveled to see who it was. "Oh, hi Hyungwon." She greeted Hyungwon. "What's up?" "Nothing." He casually replied as he entered the office and sat on the other swivel chair. "Why are you in here and not out there?" "I'm going through the footage to see if anyone was suspicious before the store was damage and I assigned the others on what they can do to help out since they wanted to help. Besides, Kihyun is out there in charge of it all, anyways." Serena informed him as she resumed her video watching. "And the other guys?" Hyungwon asked although he felt like two of them were familiar as Serena responded. "Oh, them, they're my friends. They're with the police." "Oh." "Yeah."

Hyungwon sat there alongside her as he also watched the video with less interest than the other person as he wasn't sure what he was supposed to be looking for that was out of the blue before asking her when realization hit him. "When did you install security cameras?" "Um the day before I left for my trip." Serena told him while her eyes were still observing the footage. "Sorry. I forgot to inform you guys about it." She paused the video as she sent him a playful look. "Don't worry. You've guys been behaving." Her eyes returned to the video as she hit play, but not before adding. "So far." With a chuckle as Hyungwon just gave her a weird look, but looked about the office in boredom. "Where did you go?" "Japan." Serena simply answered him as Hyungwon asked another question. "Just yourself?"

"No, I went with my sisters and cousin." Serena answered him not really paying attention to the conversation. "Oh, what were you guys doing there? Vacation?" "Yeah, something like that. Also went to a concert." "Oh, for who?" "GOT7." "Did you have fun?" "Mmhmm." Serena then paused where she was and looked over at Hyungwon. "Why are you so curious about my life and what I do all of a sudden? You never talked to me so casually like this except for that one day I brought in fried rice with spam in it for lunch because you wanted it." She chuckled at the memory as Hyungwon tried to remain calm. "Oh, I just thought since we're in management and will be working a lot, we need to get to know one another better." There was a pause as he added more to not make himself seemed suspicious about his action and behavior. "Besides, I don't know you that well like the others."

"Yeah, let's it keep that way." She grinned as she turned her head towards the computer monitor. "What? Why?" Hyungwon asked confused by her response as Serena shrugged with an indifferent look. "Um, I don't know. That's just how it is for as long as I've known... I think." Just as Hyungwon was going to probe further, a knock sounded and the duo turned towards the noise. "Am I interrupting?" Hoseok asked as his gaze flicker from one to the other, but lingered longer on Hyungwon with his eyes telling him what he was up to as the younger male just cast him a lazy smile. "No, you're not interrupting anything. I'm just trying to watch the cameras. As for Hyungwon, I actually don't know what he's doing." Serena answered with a chuckle as she then looked at Hoseok. "Um, did you want something, Wonho?"

Hoseok then cast his eyes upon Serena as they became softer while gazing at her than they were earlier when he was looking at Hyungwon. "Uh, yeah. I wanted to know if the store will be done by tonight to open again for tomorrow?" "What's happening tomorrow?" She asked with a tilt of her head as Hyungwon was about to answer, but Hoseok interrupted him. "Oh, it's hyung b-" "It's a surprise." "What kind of surprise?" Serena glanced from one male to the other with a raised eyebrow. "It's nothing illegal, right?" "What? No, no, it's nothing like that." Hoseok reassured her with a nervous chuckle. "Right, Hyungwon?" "Oh yeah. Nothing, nothing that's dangerous." Hyungwon agreed although Serena looked at the both of them suspiciously, but shrugged it off as she turned away. "Fine. Do what you want. I won't be here tomorrow anyways."

Just as Hoseok was about to question her, the trio heard an angry male voice not that far away. "I want to see your manager. Now!" The man stated as the trio looked at one another. "I'm sorry, but-" Kihyun was interrupted by the man again as he tried to calmly handle the situation. "I don't care if you're sorry or not. I demand to see whoever is in charge." Serena got up from her seat and was about to push pass Hoseok to handle the situation, but he stopped her. "I'll take care of it." Hoseok told her as he gently moved her towards Hyungwon who also stood up. "You stay here with Hyungwon." "But-" Hoseok was already gone before she could complete her sentence. Serena was about to follow suit, but Hyungwon grabbed her arm preventing her from leaving. "Don't worry, noona. Hyung will settle it."

Serena was about to let it go when she heard crashing sounds and pulled her arm out of Hyungwon's grip. "Yeah, I don't think so now." Serena told Hyungwon as she left the office and hurried to see what the commotion was about. "What's going on here?" She asked seeing several chairs and tables turned over while several of her employees looked scared and unsettled by the unknown male's behavior. "Are you the manager?" The older male asked her upon seeing her come out. "If you ar-" Serena interrupted the stranger when she saw that Hoseok was nursing his left arm. "Did you cause injury to one of my employees?" The man gave her a confused look, but the anger was still evident upon his posture. "Him?" He pointed at Hoseok while explaining with an aloof tone. "He fell when he backed into the tables."

Serena didn't believe him by the tone he had used to answer her. "Sir, if you're lying, I will know. MONBEBE has security cameras." The man's face fell as he stumbled upon his next words. "Well, he was, I didn't, it was, I-" "Save it." Serena said with an annoyed expression as she held up a palm to stop him from continuing. "I would highly suggest for you to leave the premises immediately as we are closed, especially when the police tape is clearly up which means no entry." She then shot him a feign smile. "This means you are trespassing, sir." "Well, you, ma'am, just lost yourself a fine customer." The man huffed as he his heels and walked out of the building. "And a fine customer we can do without." She muttered as she walked over to Hoseok concerned about his well-being. "Are you okay? Is your arm badly hurt?"

Hoseok was about to answer her when the other employees interrupted him. "Wha! Unnie you were so cool just now!" Eunseo exclaimed coming up to her and Hoseok with Meiqi and Xiao in tow. "Yeah!" Xiao agreed with an excited look. "You were like the dad protecting everyone and Wonho oppa was like the mom." "What, Xiao unnie? No. It's the other way." Meiqi disagreed trying to correct Xiao. "Yeon unnie was like the mama tiger so that makes Wonho oppa the papa tiger." "But wouldn't that make oppa a tiger cub if unnie is a mama tiger?" Xiao questioned as Meiqi agreed. "Haha, yeah it does." "Actually I prefer it the other way" Eunseo said with laughter. "Mama Yeon and Papa Wonho." She cooed affectionately as Serena shot them all looks while breaking up their little chatter. "What are you guys even talking about? I am no one's mother."

"Yeah you are, noona." The boys butted in as Minkyun continued. "Noona's the mom, Wonho hyung's the dad, and we're all the kids here at MONBEBE." "Wait, I thought Kihyun hyung was the mom?" Yoonho said after thinking about it as Kwangji confirmed it. "Wonho hyung only said that that one time because Kihyun makes the best ramyeon." "Oh, right, he did." Yoosu joined in on the conversation with a playful look. "Does that make Yeon noona the mistress?" "What? No way, Yoosu!" Gunhee intervened. "Noona is not a homewrecker." "Then can I be Yeon noona's mister?" Seokwon added randomly as Kihyun, and everyone else except Serena, looked at the younger male weirdly. "What do you mean by that, Seokwon?"

"You guys are so weird." Serena stated with a chuckle as she shook her head. "I honestly have no idea what's going on, but I am no homewrecker nor am I the mother to you little brats." And then she looked at Seokwon. "And no you can't be my mister." "At least you can't blame me for trying." Seokwon shrugged indifferently as Serena shook her head. "Yeah, yeah. Bye." Serena quickly waved at them as she dashed to get away from the others. "Wait, where are you going?" Hyungwon asked her as Serena turned around while still walking backwards. "I need to check up on my friends." She informed the group. "It seems they aren't around when I thought they would be since I told them I needed help later. Did they say something about going anywhere?"

"Um, the cuter one said something about work." Meiqi giggled as Serena raised an eyebrow. "Which one? They're all cute." "Uh, the one with the muscles, right?" She looked at the other two females who all nodded as Serena chuckle. "They all have muscles, too." "Uh, well, the one with that attractive smile." Eunseo tried to help, but Serena just shook her head with a chuckle. "Never mind. I'll just call one of them and ask. Anyways," She looked at all of them evenly as she swept her arms about the place, "If you could all get this back in place before that little incident from earlier occured, that would be great." She smiled at them before continuing. "Also, the people for the windows should be here in an hour or so and um, the security people at three, I think."

Serena tried to think of anything else, but nothing came to mind. "Yeah, that should be it. If you guys get hungry just order something and use the store's money. I'll take care of that later. Just save the receipt and make a note of it." "But weren't you watching the security footage?" Hoseok finally spoke still rubbing his injured arm as Serena replied. "Oh that. I'll watch it when I return back at around six or something." "Why so late?" Hyungwon questioned as Serena let out a sigh. "Because I have to run errands that I don't want to do." "Then why don't you make one of us do it?" Kihyun suggested as Serena contemplated the idea. "Well, I would, but you guys are already busy doing whatever I have you guys doing here." "Noona, there's like ten of us. Use us." "For some reason, hyung, that sounds so wrong." Yoonho stated with a questioning look at Kihyun who ignored him.

"Well, why don't you take Hoseok hyung with you?" Hyungwon suggested with a small smile as he pushed a startled Hoseok towards Serena. "He can't really do anything as he hurt his arm." "Oh yeah, let's take care of that first." Serena remembered as she then grabbed Hoseok's right arm and pulled him towards the office. "There should be a first aid kit in the office if I remember correctly." She then looked back at the others. "Take care of everything and don't make a mess. Don't forget about the people that's coming in to fix the place. Oh and if another rowdy person comes in, just mention something about the security camera and that we're close and whatever else you guys can think of." Serena then looked at Hoseok while she continued to pulled Hoseok along. "C'mon, Wonho, let's take a look of that arm of yours."

Once the two managers were inside the office with Hoseok closing the door in the process, Serena had sat Hoseok down in one of the office cha

Please log in to read the full chapter