Food, Food, and More Food

자나깨나 니 생각 ~Always On My Mind~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Noona, that's a lot of food." Changkyun told Melanie as the two were having a late lunch at a KBBQ place once Melanie put in her order. "I don't care. I've been craving KBBQ since the other day." Melanie replied indifferently as she began eating one of the side dishes that one of the worker had brought out in the mean time. Fish cakes were her favorite and she made sure the worker knew that as well. "At least saved some for me." Changkyun let out as he, too, ate some of the side dishes while waiting for the meat to arrive. "Psh, you can go eat by yourself back with your broody and moody A-M." Melanie stated with a shrug. "Haha, I think he actually wanted to join us." The younger male stated with a laugh at the memory of Hyunwoo trying to stop the two from leaving the office, but failed miserably.

"Not my fault he tried to stop us by entering the elevator first, and then the elevator itself getting stuck afterwards." Melanie let out indifferently with an even more indifferent expression. "I honestly don't get what his problem is. Is he always like this?" Melanie asked Changkyun looking over at the younger male who was stuffing himself with kimchi. "Honestly, no. He never really mind what others did until..." Changkyun trailed off while looking at Melanie with a small smile. "Until... what?" Melanie said not getting it as Changkyun finished swallowing the food in his mouth before explaining. "Well, until you arrived." He chuckled upon seeing Melanie's confused expression. "I told you before that nothing interesting happens at STARSHIP, but since you're arrival everything at the company has been getting interesting lately."

Melanie rolled her eyes just as the waiter returned with the first round of pork belly that she had ordered. "Thank you." She told him as she then began putting the three large strips onto the grill herself. "Honestly, I don't even know how my arrival is making everything interesting, Kyun, but that doesn't mean he can treat me like I've done something wrong." Melanie slightly stabbed at the pork belly as it cooked while Changkyun watched her before speaking. "Um, well, maybe he's just angry that you're getting all of this special attention since you're new to the company." Melanie momentarily paused in her stabbing while thinking of what he had just said, but didn't look up at her fellow co-worker. "Noona?" Changkyun asked a few seconds later. "Lime? Melanie?"

"Yeah?" Melanie finally looked up at him, but her eyes fell onto her pork belly and she flipped them to the other side slightly crispy looking. "You said something, Kyun?" She looked at Changkyun once she flipped her meat. "Uh, nevermind, noona." "No you said something. Or wanted to say something. Say it. "It's nothing really." He changed the topics. "Do you like your meat burnt?" Melanie just gave him a look, but looked down at her meat and poked at it."Not really, but I just like it crispy enough. You?" She looked at him. "I just like it cooked and ready to eat in my belly." Changkyun grinned as he picked up the scissors to cut the pork belly while Melanie looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Dumb." Changkyun just smiled at her as he took a piece of pork belly and ate it.

~~~~~~~

Hoseok opened his apartment door to find Serena on the other side with a small smile on her face about half an hour later after he left MONBEBE to go back home when his friends ditched him. "What do you want?" He asked in a surly manner while crossing his arms over his chest and looking slightly up and to the right above her head to avoid staring at her face. Serena tilted her head at his continued behavior towards her since earlier this morning as the smile on her face turned to an indifferent one. "Well, if you're still going to be all salty, Wonho, then I'll just leave." The older woman made a turn to leave when the younger male let out a soft 'wait' and grabbed a hold of her long sleeve. "Hmm?" She asked as she turned to face him as Hoseok suddenly became shy while rubbing the back of his neck with a sheepish smile still avoiding her gaze. "Could you make me your ramyeon?"

"No." Serena deadpanned with a serious tone, but then spoke in a lighter tone. "But you can have these though." She held up a large MONBEBE bag with her other arm as another small smile appear on her face. "What is it?" Hoseok asked looking at Serena suspiciously while still holding onto the sleeve of her left arm with his left hand. "Uh, well they're just some treats I made for the crew a while ago. Because I had free time since they all came back to work." She chuckled before continuing with a puzzled look. "But for some reason, Hyungwon insisted I deliver some to you because it wouldn't be right if you didn't eat it too or something like that." "That guy." Hoseok muttered with a scowl as Serena didn't hear him, but asked him if he wanted the treats or not instead. "Of course, Yeon, I want the treats, but I also want ramyeon, too. Like right now. So could you make me some? Please?"

Somehow several minutes later, Serena placed a large pot of ramyeon in front of a giddy Hoseok in his living roo. "Alright, there you go, kid." Serena told him as she then turned around to head back into the kitchen to clean up her mess. Hoseok then stared at her fading back with a tilt of his head. "You're not going to join me?" He asked a few seconds later. "No." Serena answered before entering the kitchen while Hoseok soon followed after. "Oh, then where are you going?" "Back to the store." The older woman answered him while tidying up. "First, I'm gonna clean this up and then go. Before that, do you need anything else?" She asked him, but wasn't paying attention to him as a pout slowly started to form upon Hoseok's face.

"No. Stay." He then rushed the next words to not make it seem that awkward. "I mean, since you're already here and all. Why don't you just do a ramyeon and chill with me?" He smiled at her sweetly as Serena looked up to give him a weird look with an arched eyebrow. "Ramyeon and chill?" She asked with a wry laugh. "No thanks." "What? Why not? There is plenty of ramyeon for the both of us." Hoseok reasoned as Serena looked at him pointedly. "Um, Wonho, that is the same pot I used the last time I made you noodles. Twice. I made you noodles twice and you ate it all by yourself those two times." "It was because I drank. I always eat a lot of ramyeon." Hoseok explained as Serena gazed at him with slight narrowed eyes. "Do you even remember that night?"

The younger male decided not to answer her question, but answered with another question of his own instead. "Didn't you come here to give me food in the first place?" "Yeah. I gave you the treats and made you ramyeon. So my job here is done." Serena shot him a grin as she finished cleaning up. "Bye." She waved curtly before trying to make her way out of his apartment, but Hoseok stopped her by blocking her way. "Do you hate me?" He asked her suddenly and Serena commented like how she would respond to her sister without actually thinking it through. "Yes." Her eyes widened in shock once the word left as Hoseok's face seemed to have lost a bit of its glow hearing her reply. "Oh, I see." He let out flatly as he backed away from her.

Serena inwardly facepalmed herself at her impulsiveness as she tried to mend the situation because of her rude behavior. "Wait, wait, wait, Wonho, wait, that's not true. I don't hate you." She let out in a neural tone, but Hoseok's face seemed to do a one-eighty as his expression perked up while he turned to face her. "Really?" He asked like a happy puppy wagging its tail at its owner to throw the ball. "You don't hate me?" Serena wondered if this new response was better than the former. "Uh..." She let out slowly as she tried to think wheter if she did or didn't hate him. "Well, no I don't really hate you. Okay, well technically, I don't hate you, but there is a small part of me that wants to punch you in the face at times though."

Hoseok's jaw dropped in surprise upon hearing her response while he pointed to himself. "You want to punch me in the face?" He was dumbfounded at her response while still pointing a finger at his face. "You want to punch this beautiful face of mine? Like seriously? You want to punch this?" Serena silently asked herself why did she listen to Hyungwon to come over here in the first place. Serena shrugged with an awkward smile. "Honestly, Wonho, I don't know." She let out lamely not wanting to come up with any more explanations that could be interpret as something else. "I just do, Wonho, and we'll just leave it at that." She then thought of something to distract him. "By the way, the ramyeon is probably cold by now." Hoseok then rushed to check on the ramyeon as Serena took this chance to escape.

~~~~~~~

"So what time is it now?" Melanie asked Changkyun as they rode the elevator up to the twelfth floor. "Oh you know, noona, just a little past the actual time we should have been back. Like three hours ago." The younger male replied sarcastically with a knowing smile directed at the older woman while Melanie rolled her eyes. "No shiet, Sherlock." Changkyun gasped in a dramatic way. "I resent that." "Don't care." "You should care. You're my boss." "Not uh. Boss or not, it was your fault that we came back so late." Melanie reminded him with a glare. "I wasn't the one that popped the tires of my car and claimed to know how to fix it, but was bullshieting for like two hours." "I said I was sorry, noona. I'm sorry." Changkyun apologized for the nth time since he accidental

Please log in to read the full chapter