Game Day

자나깨나 니 생각 ~Always On My Mind~ (incomplete, revamping)
Please log in to read the full chapter

There was a total of twelve teams made up of twelve members. Not every employee participated in the actual sporting event, but many were helpers to aid certain parts of the events and to keep scores under the direct order of either Sangchul, Brie, or one of the god-uncles. Serena was on Team C which had several very familiar faces consisting of Donghyun, Hyungwon, and the two girls from Seocho, Yeoreum and Dayoung. Katherine was on Team J that also had familiar faces consisting of Xuanyi, Luda, Changkyun, and Jooyoung to which she didn't have serious internal issues with. Melanie was on Team L and according to her had some people she wished wasn't on her team which consisted of Minsoo, Hyoeun, Bora, and Kihyun.

The athletic event began at ten in the morning as the organizers hoped it would give them time to do all of the events they had planned for the crew to partake in. There was a total of fifteen events altogether with twelve of the events each being scored between the males and females, and then the other three events being scored as a team. The events would run simultaneously in the given eight hour time card and of the eight hours frame, two hours were dedicated to lunch and dinner break time. Then when everything was over, the overall winner would be announced and given a bonus pay reward. Everyone participating as an athlete or helper would still be be paid for their efforts. Thus the day would end with a two hour concert as a special treat.

When the day arrived where Sangchul was able to rent out the Seoul Olympic Stadium just for this event, the employees all went to their respective positions upon their given tasks. Those helping with the sporting event either set up the challenges, prepared food and drinks, handed out name tags and then directed the participants on where to go, set up areas for resting and shading, and did other technical work. As for the participants, they lined up in their respective Team Letter group and awaited for the event itself to start which was led by Sanchul himself. To make sure they were awake and ready, he led them in simple morning exercises to loosen up their limbs and jog their brain to full alert.

After that, Sangchul explained the basic rules of the event and that everyone should be friendly as honestly they were family since he was their major boss before telling them that it may not be an annual thing as he also wanted to see how it would go for now. He later explained if any accidents occur, there would be medical assistance on full alert to tend to anyone if they weren't feeling well or experience some kind of discomfort before or after the sport event. Also at any time were they to grow thirsty or hungry, light snacks and beverages would be provided to give them that energy boost. Sangchul ended his speech with the pairing of the teams in alphabetical order and that an announcements for breaks would be announce and then blew his whistle to start.

And off the teams went to began their first challenge given to them. Team A and Team B headed towards the first challenge being Long Jump. Team C and Team D went to the second challenge being High Jump. Team E and Team F, Archery. Team G and Team H, Table Tennis. Team I and Team J, Basketball. And Team K and Team L to the sixth challenge being Football. The teams would later rotate to another event after they finished their inital event and being scored. Before they could move on, the team leader would carry a score card indicating they had completed the previous event before they could continue with the next event. It was to help keep things organize and lessen confusion if something occurred.

The other events included soccer, volleyball, a fifty meter running race, a relay fifty meter running race, a fifty meter freestyle swimming race, and a relay fifty meter freestyle race divided between men and women. The other three last events as a team was the tug-of-war, bus pull, and an obstacle course. The obstacle course itself had twelve mini challenges consisting of a ladder rope climb, stepping through tire tubes, monkey bars, hurling over hurdles, bobbing through or over uneven bars, doing pull-ups, the army crawl, hopping Yeojin's hopscotch design, riding a tricycle, weaving through fire cones, tossing rings onto bottles, and walking the balance beam not in this particular order.

Fate being fate, Team D had Hoseok and Serena was stuck with him for however many hours even if he wasn't directly on her team. The same with Jooheon being on Team I with Katherine on Team J and the same for Melanie who had to deal with Team K to which Hyunwoo was a part of along with Gayoung. Today was totally not going to be an easy day. The sisters actually regretted bringing up the topic of a sports day to their father one day last year as a family thing since they haven't done anything with one another in a long time. They talked about it, but it was just a fruitless thought. It ended up happening anyways a year later as their dad brought it to the attention of the uncles who quite like the idea and now here they were.

~~~~~~~

During Archery, Serena had some trouble and Donghyun decided to help her knowing that Serena couldn't fully reject him since they were other people watching them. "Here, Yeon-ah, you should hold it like this." Donghyun said into her ear as he was too close for comfort. "Since you're right hand is still healing." True, Serena's right hand was still healing, but it was of a dull ache that didn't need that much assistance. "Thanks, Donghyun, I think I got it from here." She told him through gritted teeth while still trying to appear friendly before whispering the last part for only him to hear. "Watch yourself once this is over." Donghyun gulped nervously, but he still held his easy smile. "At least it's an excuse to be close to you." "Move."

The male finally moved away so that she could shoot her arrow. Unfortunately, she missed due to her irritation caused by the older male. Later she was given another two chances, and she scored a decent amount before handing her bow over to her teammate, Minju which she learned was a worker at the Mapo location. Serena took her seat and slowly rotated her wrist to easy the ache that the arrows had caused. She then heard a soft 'here' while an ice pack came into view and followed the hand to the face that was holding it. Hyungwon cast his eyes away as he felt guilty for being the one that had caused the injury to her. Serena wanted to be mean, but feel like if he was trying then so could she by taking the offered item. "Thanks." "Welcome."

Hyungwon took a seat beside as she placed the cooling item onto her wrist. Serena kept her gaze onto her wrist slightly spacing out before hearing Hyungwon's voice near the end of his sentence. "Hmm?" She let out softly as she faced him slightly. "Did you say something?" Hyungwon let out a sigh. "I said that I was sorry for that day." "Oh." Was all that she said as Serena wasn't sure what to say. She already told him to fcuk off. Honestly, it was awkward and she didn't want to be here at all. Serena wished she had told her dad that she wanted to move back to Los Angeles or at least transfer back to Sydney again instead of working at SEVENTH COLOR still living in Seoul.

Serena snapped back to reality when she heard Hyungwon's speaking again. "-misses you a lot, you know." Was the last part of his sentence that she barely caught. "Who?" She couldn't help but to ask as Hyungwon rolled his eyes, but in a playful sort of manner. "Hyung." "Which one?" Serena asked not guessing the obvious answer. "Who do you think it is, noona?" Hyungwon asked her with a weird look as Serena turned to face the tall male with a shrug. "I don't know." "I'm going to let you figure that out on your own then." Hyungwon told her in a calm-like tone before standing up to take his turn at Archery. Serena let out a deep sigh as only one person came to mind and who has been on her mind constantly for the past two weeks.

~~~~~~~

When Melanie's team and the other team arrived at Volleyball after finishing Soccer, she was thrilled about it as it was her favorite sport. Unfortunately for her, a few people had turned her mood sour before the game actually started. In response, Melanie channeled her annoyances through the game by smashing the ball against her opponent's faces. Saved the two times when she was serving the ball, she had accidentally smashed the ball to the back of Minsoo and Hyoeun's head, and she wasn't sorry about it even if she did apologize about the incident. It helped relieved her irritation down a few notches as Hyoeun's was on purpose because the female had purposely tripped Melanie earlier in the game.

Minsoo was the team leader and had pulled Melanie out of the game to cool off and she rolled her eyes, but did so. She was getting tired of being the only one that actually played well. Once she sat down, her eyes gazed the other event goers and couldn't wait for the day to be over so that she could see her friends performed later tonight. She needed a good concert to relieve some more of her stress. Melanie jerked a bit when she felt something cold touch her left cheek. When she turned to see that it was Kihyun holding a Gatorade with an amused expression before settling down next to her. The male placed the drink in front of her before opening his own bottle to take a swig from it.

"Well, I see that you're in a good mood." Melanie commented before taking the offered drink and taking a deserved amount of it into her thirsty body. Kihyun waited for her to finish drinking before talking. "Well, I see that you're in a good mood yourself after slamming the ball against hyung's head." Melanie cracked a smile at the memory of one of her spik

Please log in to read the full chapter