Chapter 4

The Dark of a Light

"I can move mountains, I can work a mircale, work a miracle, oh, woah, I'll keep you on an oath, 'may nothing but death do us part~" Yugyeom sang as he carried books from the library into the sitting area. The seven had moved to the hunter's home for more space to do their research. They sat around a large table, books surrounding them, open to pages on the lore of the hybrids. Not much was found, except for the variation in the role of the Anti-Christ.

"You have a lovely voice, Gyeommie. You know, if you weren't a hunter, you could make it as a singer," Youngjae flattered.

Yugyeom laughed at the comment. "Yeah, we'd be a great idol group with Mark. The Hunters 6 and the Angel!" 

"The Seven Heavenly Deeds," Bam Bam piped up.

"Hunted7," Jackson added.

"Hunter7," JB corrected.

"Got7," Jinyoung said.

"How does that make any sense with hunting, Junior?" Jackson asked, not sure about his suggestion.

"Game of Thrones. Duh." With this, the six boys started bickering. 

Geo looked at the boys as they spoke, amused by their ability to converse just about anything. They reminded her of herself and her siblings, always fighting about the little stuff, never the serious. Then again, if they fought about anything serious, they'd end up dead. That's just what happened when you're a witch.

Jackson put down the book he was holding, scratching his head. He hadn't found much on how to find the creatures, only finding that the Nephilim were forbidden, and the only known Nephaelem disappeared without a trace in the years of Adam and Eve's kids. He wasn't sure about the cambion either, except for the notes that were given by the Winchesters. He had no idea how to track down the other two. And he had no idea how to track down the half-human-half-demon creature. According to Sam and Dean, they tracked it down by weird events that surrounded one specific location. Jackson wasn't even sure how to begin that process. 

"We need Mark's help to track down the Cambion. I see no other way to find it. It's the best option I can come up with," Jackson told the boys. "Jinyoung. He always listens to you. Ask him to get his down here."

Jinyoung looked blankly at Jackson. He opened his mouth to dispute his claim, when he heard the sound of wings ruffling behind him.

"Jinyoung. Other hunters." A cool voice spoke. Jae Bum turned around with Jinyoung and Youngjae. Mark had appeared out of nowhere, like he usually did. They couldn't see his wings, but they knew that they had heard them. He looked around the room, immediately noticing the newcomer. He didn't recognise her, and was confused by her presence. Was she a new hunter?

"Mark. It's good to see you, man," Jinyoung said, pulling him into a hug. They hadn't heard from Mark in over a week since he went searching for God, his father. They were beginning to miss their angel.

"I heard Jackson's call. You need my help with something?"

"You answered Jackson?"

"Dude, finally. You have no idea how many times I've tried to get his attention!" Jackson cried out.

Mark looked at him. "Yes. It is really annoying. You need to stop."

"And you thought Jackson and I were sassy," Bam Bam muttered to Geo.

She giggled. "You're just a team of sassy hunters. Is that how you defeat your enemies? Sass them out?"

"Oh god, do not tell Jackson that. He'll actually try it out. It might work, given the fact that we are all epitomes of sarcasm, but not many demons care much for being insulted. They'd just kill you quicker."

Geo looked at the angel. So this was the angel on the shoulders of the hunters. She wasn't sure if it was the knowledge of him being an angel, but he seemed to have a faint heavenly white glow surrounding him. His hair was bleached blonde, and she couldn't help think about how pretty this boy was. His overall quietness and observant nature made the impression that he was very shy. Jesus Christ, this group did not look like the hunters their legend claimed them to be. Geo couldn't wait to see these seven in battle. 

Meanwhile, the hunters brought their angel up to speed. He looked at their books, eyebrows creased. He didn't like the sound of their new plan. It was a good one, but it was dangerous. Finding the hybrids would no easy thing, even with the help of a witch and an angel. They'd need a demon's help, and even then it could be difficult. The Cambion would be the easiest of the lot, but still challenging. The Nephilim would ambush him. And the Nephaelem was going to be the most challenging to find. He hadn't heard of one since the one that they locked up with Herodias. It didn't have a physical form. Like its parents, the Nephaelem used others as their vessel, and if his memory served him correctly, they could make themselves appear as human. They're power was extraordinary. Since Herodias was set free, Mark had been vary of everyone around him. He kept an ear out for anything out of the ordinary that didn't have any other creatures connected. So far, nothing. 

The appearance of Geo and her plan did not put his mind to ease. Hunters opposed the supernatural with all their spirit. How did their alliance even occur? Yes, the common enemy Number One was Herodias for everyone, but he did not see this coming. The next thing he knows, demons and angels would be working together. 

"I will help you look for the Nephilim. Half my kind, and should be easier for me to spot. Or they could find me and then I'll know. I'll see what I can do in tracking it down." 

The hunters looked at their angel and nodded their thanks. 

"You need someone to come with you, Mark. Take JB," Youngjae said.

"I want Junior."

"But--"

"Junior."

Their conversation ended, Jinyoung standing up to take the side of the angel. 

"One team ready, looking for the Nephilim. What about the rest of you?" Jinyoung asked.

Jae Bum put down a piece of paper. He had already planned it out. On it, he had already paired the eight team members, and the order he put finding the children of the dark. First was the Nephilim. They had an angel, no demon. That would surely be the first priority. He had already paired Jinyoung and Mark together to work on finding it. Next, he thought of finding the Cambion. He put Jackson and Bam Bam in charge of finding it, along with Geo. She should be able to help them. Finally, he listed the Nephaelem, which he placed his name, Youngjae and Yugyeom's with the task of finding it. It would be the hardest. Maybe they'd enlist the help of Geo. 

The rest nodded their heads in agreement to his plan. It was the most logical. While Mark and Jinyoung were tracking down the Nephilim, the rest would be doing their research and hunting anything out of the ordinary. 

"I'm gonna call Nayeon and Junho hyung for help. They may know something about the Antichrist," Jackson said, walking away to make a call to the two he mentioned. JB gave him a thumbs up at his initiative.

"Okay, so Jinyoung, you and Mark go and try tracking down the Nephilim," JB ordered. "The rest of you, get to work. We need to work as fast as we can to defeat Herodias."

So this is the Im Jae Bum everyone knows, Geo thought to herself. She was amazed by his leadership style. 

"Just a minute," Mark said. "May I speak to Geovanna alone?"

The hunters looked at their angel. Geo was also perplexed by this request. Mark didn't wait for an answer, and walked straight outside. Geo looked at the hunters. They gestured for her to follow him. She obeyed, walking straight outside behind the angel.

 



 

YAY!! I finally put in Mark! And set the way for more characters to appear!

I am soooo tired right now, I just went back to school after a two week exam break and I haven't had more than 3 hours sleep each night :x

I feel that the quality of my work is somewhat dwindling; there's so much dialogue. But I don't know what to do in between D:

I may take some time out to work on my writing skills... The song was Uma Thurman by Fall Out Boy, btw

Until then ^^