Chapter 3

The Dark of a Light

The six hunters sat around the girl, who introduced herself as Geo, as she ate a sandwich JB had fixed for her. Jinyoung stood a fair distance away from her. She looked at all of them, wondering where their angel was. It was legend; these guys' stories. They were feared the most by Korea's creatures, the famed seven. She'd never met them, she'd only heard stories by the other witches. They were the nightmares to the nightmares, all creatures of the night feared them. They didn't look to live up to their legend. For one thing, they were anything but nightmares. 

Im Jae Bum, who told Geo to only call him Jae Bum while the others called him JB, was handsome, with a well sculpted face, cheekbones to die for. His eyes and attitude were cool. If they were in high school, Geo was certain Jae Bum would the one all the girls had a cruch on at least once. She'd heard stories about him, how he was the best hunter out there, who joined with a group of brilliant hunters, but he was still the best one out. She'd love to see him in a battle, because frankly, she couldn't see it. Despite his cool outer being, she sensed that he was just a softie on the inside. The way he looked to his team confirmed that.

Jackson was the sassy man who gave her attitude before. He introduced himself as the smart one, the one who gave all the boys the ways how to kill the monsters. Geo was amazed by his face. He had nice facial features, framed by cropped black hair. He looked friendly, a prankster, but if the rumours were true, he was anything but. Jackson Wang may have stayed back during fights to give pointers, but when he was out there, oh boy. He was one hell of a fighter, and made sure the monsters ran for their money. She had pictured him a lot bigger, though.

The friendly Youngjae had been the most warm to Geo. He had asked her about Tyler, what the process of becoming a familiar was. Youngjae was the only one who didn't seem all the bothered to be working with a witch. It made her wonder, was this truly to Choi Youngjae she had heard of? The master with a blade, able to create gruesome art with just his hunting knife? He seemed so friendly. Surely, he was not going to be so nice to a witch? He was cute, a warm smile and welcoming eyes, he was a very open person. His black hair got in the way of his eyes, which he always swiped up. This must be a case of 'only-nice-if-they're-on-your-side', even if Geo hadn't given a valid reason for them to trust her. She made a mental note to never get on Youngjae's bad side. She was not becoming another bloody artpiece.

Bam Bam had also been friendly, though the man oozed sarcasm just like his friend, Jackson. He explained that he helped Jackson with the research, that he enjoyed flipping through the old books and learning the lore. He hadn't come across too much on a witch's familiar, but he quickly found it. The man was a walking library, and was amazing at quick thinking the boys out of a tough situation. Bam Bam was part of the reason the boys were so feared. He thought of new solutions that made sure that the monsters were always caught off guard. He didn't look it, his hair was pink and face was innocent. He had plump lips, which Geo figured he could create the most adorable little pout. That alone could make monsters retreat. That and his sass. Together with Jackson, the two could just attitude their way out of a difficult situation.

The most surprising was Kim Yugyeom. Geo had thought that he was much older, and was surprised to find out he was her age - younger in fact. She first heard about him when they were about 14, and she feared the stories. She had heard that he was the kind of hunter that Im Jae Bum would be proud of - a ruthless killer. How could this adorable tall boy standing in front of her be anything but? He had bright eyes, a kind smile, and a mess of hair that just made him cute. She couldn't imagine this boy killing a spider, let alone demons. 

The one hunter that failed to show any form of emotion was Park Jinyoung. He stayed away from her, only telling her his name. Now this was hunter nature Geo was familiar with. He was very similar to Jae Bum in that he was good looking, his cheeks somewhat chubby and the same plump lips as Bam Bam. Jae Bum may have looked a lot more intimidating, but the way Jinyoung had stood made Geo felt tense, the way she always felt around hunters. His aura was that of a hunter she had expected. She had heard of this man, how he was a brilliant tracker, and his fights were like beautiful, dark dances. 

Geo took in each of the six hunters. The only one missing was the angel. She had desperately wanted to meet him; her plan required angel power. Not just any angel power, the power of the Arch Angels. She knew that several were killed due to those Winchester brothers, but she had hoped the boys' angel knew of anyone just as powerful. Or maybe if they could get the angels on their side.

"So, what's this master plan?" Jackson had asked her once she had finished.

She took her time to answer, gathering all the information she could remember properly. Geo had to remind herself that these were hunters, she was a witch and she was not meant to be comfortable in them. In fact, it was stupid to accept the sandwich. It could have been poisoned with iron somehow. But she felt fine, and now she wasn't starving. Geo looked to the hunters. 

"You need to lock her up again with the children of the dark."

The hunters looked confused. Youngjae moved to clear away her plate. 

"The children of the dark? Meaning?" Jae Bum asked her.

Geo sighed. She looked to Jackson and Bam Bam. Surely they'd have some information about what she was talking about. Alas, they did not, as they stared intently at her. "Meaning the hybrids of the three feuding species - human, demon, and angel."

The six boys looked at each other, certain that this witch was making this up. Jinyoung scoffed. "As if such creatures exist. How is someone supposed to turn out as all three?"

"I don't mean all three in one person. I mean the three species: the anti-christ, the Nephilim, and the Nephaelem."

Jinyoung rolled his eyes and turned to his friends. He crossed his arms and sighed. They all tensed. They'd never seen him look so angry before.

"There were at least one of each of them locked with Herodias in the cage. They got free when Herodias escaped. The Winchesters already dealt with an Anti-Christ and a Nephilim that was born after her imprisonment. When she broke free, the others set loose too. Together, they form the key to locking her back up again." Geo cut through.

Yugyeom shook his head. "Isn't the Anti-Christ the child of the Devil?"

Jackson and Bam Bam answered before the witch could. "No. That's something of the lore that has been twisted over time. The Anti-Christ is actually just the spawn of a demon and a human. It's actually called a Cambion. Like Geo said, Sam and Dean did come across one once, but they lost it."

Geo's left eyebrow cocked up. These boys really did know more than the average hunter. The other four shifted uncomfortably. They had wanted to find a solution to their problem for months now. Finally they had one. But this meant 1) working with a witch, and 2) finding creatures that were more powerful than their celestial parents. Jae Bum looked at the witch. 

"You're sure that this is the only way to stop her?"

The witch hesitated. Were hunters really willing to trust a witch? Especially these hunters; the best of Korea. There had to be a catch somewhere if they followed her plan to capture the hybrids. "It's the only obvious way. Find the three of them, and they make the key to her cage, forcing her back."

"And if we fail to find them? Then what? No back up plan?"

"I don't have a back up plan. I've done at least two months of research on this. This was the clearest answer, and the only one that was given that could be done solely by hunters."

Youngjae looked uncertain, his smile fading. "We may be the best hunters in Korea, but the Winchesters are the best hunters ever. If they can't hold down the Cambion, we definitely can't. We're going to fail and lose this fight."

"Then don't fail. I'll help in any way I can. The already took out my father. I'm not having anymore losses. And you're not just the best hunters in Korea. You're known world wide. Everyone's heard of you."

The six boys looked to Jae Bum. He listened intently to the witch, mentally dissecting her words. He couldn't tell if she was just pretending to hex them, but he couldn't pass up a possibility that this could stop Herodias. He couldn't deny that she was the common enemy at this moment. All sides were fighting against her. He nodded his approval to go on with the plan. Geo, Youngjae, Yugyeom, Jackson and Bam Bam sighed in relief. Jinyoung silently cursed the older man.

Geo smiled at them. She opened to speak but Jinyoung cut her off. "One condition, though."

The witch nodded. "Of course. You name it."

"You have to be kept under Jackson or Bam Bam's watch. No going onto the field. You're not hunting with us."

The other hunters' faces fell. They needed her power, even if working with a witch was against their nature. Geo smiled. This was the hunter catch she was expecting. She nodded in agreement, sealing the deal between the two sides.

 



 

Okay, I guess Mark will make his appearance in a different chapter then... I'm so sorry for the delay, but I promise he will occur soon though!! And so will many other characters, it's not going to be exclusively Got7 and my two made up characters (Tyler will come back, he's needed for comic relief)

I'm really just anticipating Mark's appearance... I have a plan before I start writing, but sometimes it doesn't always follow... 

Thanks for reading ^^