Chapter 14

The Dark of a Light

Krystal tapped away at her keyboard, pulling up all the different articles that were related to the Nephaelem. Behind her, she felt Jackson's eyes angrily look at her laptop. She smirked because she knew he was jealous of her device. The iPad wasn't so bad itself; it was just a pain to open several tabs quickly. At some point he gave up with the tablet and gone to the books. He heaved all he could find and had several open and reading them simultaneously. How he didn't get a headache, Krystal would never know. 

Jackson whistled at the screen. "Page 13 of Google? Must be desparate."

Krystal rolled her eyes and turned to look at him. "Billions of books and no notes? Must be stuck."

"Takes one to know one!"

"Just... Just stop."

They returned to work in silence, pages and tapping and clicking the only sounds to fill the room. It didn't last long before Jackson spoke again. 

"So... What do you think of Gyeommie?

"Jackson! That was like thirty seconds of pure bliss. Shush!"

"I'm just asking!"

"Jackson. You know, the world continues if you stop speaking."

"Come on! Please. Just amuse me."

Krystal sighed and leaned forward, head in her hands. She didn't know what to reply to him. Yugyeom was someone she didn't really think much about. The two of them weren't particularly as close as she was to others. Whether or not Jackson was referring to Yugyeom having a crush on her, she didn't know. She figured he was like a little brother to him, but not more. She didn't know herself if Yugyeom was giving her the impression of liking her, or if he just wanted to get closer to her for the feeling of having another friend. One way or another, she couldn't. Having multiple friends was dangerous. They'd end up dead or they'd turn against you, or just disappear completely. 

"Look, I really don't think so," she told Jackson.

He pouted. "Come on, why not? He's so cute!"

Krystal punched his arm. "I already said no, Jackson! Can you just drop it?"

"But-"

"Shut up!"

He was quiet. Krystal felt horrible. She inhaled deeply and looked to him. He shrunk back and looked at the books in front of him. His shoulders slumped forward and he sat there without moving for a while. His eyes were down cast. In an attempt to change the subject and make Jackson a little more lively, she turned to her laptop and read off an article.

"Okay, look at this. Apparently there was one but was last seen around 2000 years ago. According to this site," Krystal saw that Jackson was paying attention and looking at the screen. She moved the screen for him to look at easily. "It was the child of Lucifer and Lilith."

"The first ever demon?"

"Bingo. SinB said that there was a deal and that they could leave for one entire day to experience the world. The Nephaelem must have been let out at some point."

"Wait a minute. Lucifer has a child?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Okay. But she said that it was doomed to fight Herodias endlessly. There's no way it could have been."

Krystal pondered this. "True. We should call someone with her to make sure."

"Yugyeom is with her."

"Shut your mouth, munch."

Jackson smiled and moved away to make the call. Krystal turned back to her research and pulled up a blank document in TextEdit. She wrote down everything that she knew so far about the entire hunt. When Jackson came back, he confirmed his own suspicion. "Yep, didn't once leave. Even if she did, she would need to use a body. Two beings that didn't have a solid form. Not exactly much to go on to find."

"It's a she?"

"Yep. Lucifer has a daughter."

"What the f-"

"Yep. Luci has a girly."

"Did you just give the Devil a nickname?"

"I need this, Krystal."

Turning back to her laptop awkwardly, she read out her notes. "The only conclusion is that we go to Lucifer himself."

Jackson swore. "Oh no, oh hella to the nah, Kryssy, I ain't goin' back to that literal hell hole again."

"Jackson, there probably is no choice! Its his daughter, Lilith is dead, and we have no other leads."

She had a point. They had a staredown as they silently argued on what to do. Eventually she won and Jackson agreed. They came up with a plan to enter Hell and speak to Lucifer in his cage, the key people to be involved. They agreed that they had to keep the plan a secret; if any other hunter outside their group knew what they were up to, no excuse would save them, even if it was to stop Herodias. Every single hunter in the world felt the repercussions of the first time someone came into contact with Lucifer. The Winchesters locked him up for a reason. Now that they needed to speak with him, there was no doubt he'd barter for his freedom in exchange for information. When Herodias was set free, Jesus Christ, were they given . All hunters agreed to help in the sealing of her, but they weren't happy with the fact. It may not have been as chaotic, but they had one common enemy again. Now they were gonna have to make deals with Lucifer? They could not catch a break.

Jackson stepped back from the whiteboard they had mapped their plan out on. It seemed plausible enough. He wished Bam Bam was with him so that he could know that this was the plan to follow. But, then again he had Krystal, who made adjustments when needed. They analysed their plan and looked at each other. They were crazy. He sent a text to Mark to meet him, then the same message to Jinyoung just in case the angel decided to ignore him. Then he and Krystal picked out an outfit that they felt would allow them into Hell and speak to the King.

They were going to have an audience with the Devil.

 



 

Hello ^^

A bit of a short chapter but I wanted each of the groups to have their own chapter... Hope you enjoyed reading ^^