Chapter 1

The Dark of a Light

The boys piled into Jackson's home like it was their own, leaving behind muddy footprints and a trail of silver blood. Jaebum flopped onto the nearest couch, exhausted, groaning as he did, his knife clanging on the floor. Following him was Youngjae, dropping to the floor next to the older boy, careful not the land on the blade. Yugyeom slammed into the arm chair that had Jackson's leather jacket resting on, dripping the silver blood onto the black like tears. Jinyoung crawled in after them, resting on the kitchen floor that was just before the door that led outside. 

Minutes passed until Jackson walked past the scene, the four hunters a mess in his home. He sighed. They would be tired, yes, but that was no excuse for messing his living room he paid to have cleaned the day before. And was that his new jacket? Damn, that Yugyeom was going to pay. 

He stomped into the room, jerking Youngjae awake. Jackson picked up Jaebum's blade and kicked the older man in his sleep. He groaned and turned, not fully awake. Jackson rolled his eyes. Youngjae went back to sleep.

"You call yourself a leader... JB, if you don't wake up and clean this place... Oh boy..." Jackson made a "shing" noise with the knife against the coffee table. "Your neck is going to connect with your beloved."

JB didn't stir. Great, Jackson thought. He's legit tired. He rolled his eyes and went to drag Jinyoung from the kitchen to be with his team, making sure to hit his head on the bookshelf. He looked at the four boys, exhausted from having to hunt down a ... Kelpie? Is that what it called itself? Whatever it was, the blood was silver and had worn out all four boys. 

"Must've been one helluva fight, huh?" A voice said. 

Jackson turned to find his best friend, Bam Bam. "Well if it took out the best damned hunters Korea's ever seen, well... Yeah. 'Helluva'." 

The two looked at the four hunters sleeping. Even when dreaming, they looked haunted. That was the price you paid when you were a hunter. No more happiness in the world. Nothing could make you happy, not even your wins. It was just an endless battle.

Jackson and Bam Bam learned that years ago when they first started working with the others. They had been hunters for a while, having met after Bam Bam inadvertently helped Jackson research vampires. They were running from Bam Bam's parents, who were replaced by ghouls. With the help of JB, Jinyoung and Yugyeom, they killed the ghouls and setting his parents' spirits free. Since then, all six worked together as a team to hunt. The first encounter with the Angel was a little bit of a surprise though. Mark was nice, a little naive but good fun. When Youngjae came in, all seven of them were like brothers.

"Let's give them their rest. They really need it." Bam Bam said, yawning.

"Alright. But tomorrow, I'm giving them hell for ruining my home."

 


 

The next morning, the four hunters were rudely awoken by a loud banging. JB swore as he turned to look for the source of the unnecessary noise. They found it; it was Bam Bam slamming a door over and over again. He smiled brightly when he saw his brothers awake. 

"Good morning! Did you sleep well? Because Jackson's gonna kill you for ruining his house."

The boys groaned. Seriously? They just spent a week hunting down some little fairy thing that claimed to be a Kelpie, despite not being anything like the dog, and took two hours to kill. That thing was seriously annoying and a great fighter. And now their friend was gonna give them crap because of his orders to hunt down a creature? Please. 

Jinyoung was the first to speak. "Bam Bam, can you please stop that racket? It's driving me insane."

"Well you didn't have to crash here last night and drop silver blood everywhere." A new voice entered to conversation. "Yugyeom, get off my jacket, it's new and leather, and you're bleeding all over it!" 

Jackson pushed the youngest off his armchair and moved to check his jacket.

"Honestly, hyung, it's like you care for your clothes more than me!" Yugyeom joked.

"I do." Jackson replied, seriously without hesitation. "I don't know where you got the idea that I ever cared for you over my clothes."

Yugyeom opened his mouth to protest, but was stopped by Jae Bum's hand. The latter had a stern look on his face, eyebrows creased and black hair floppy. Even with the glittery silver substance all over his face, the hunters were reminded it was blood by his cold look. If anything, the glitter look intimidating, aiding JB to look scary. It wasn't easy. JB's coolness was so natural. He could make a pink bunny look intimidating if he wanted to.

"Jackson. Bam Bam. We need to know if you have anything on Herodias. We've been hunting random strays for months. We need something, anything, on her. It's worse than when the Winchesters set free the devil."

The hunters winced. That was not a fun time. Jinyoung remembered the demons, the way they possessed his carer at that time. The memories invaded his mind like the British invaded everywhere in the world centuries before. Youngjae could still hear the screams of his little cousins; they were part of the 66 children that died in order to break Lucifer free. Everytime Yugyeom closed his eyes, he saw the blazing fire that his best friend was trapped in, screaming at the top of his lungs for the Devil. Like Jinyoung's carer, she was possessed. Jackson and Bam Bam had lost their family at this point, they saw the world in flames with their team. They did their best to try work out ways to fight all the evil that was pouring out into the world, but they couldn't. JB had had it worse. He had been hunting since he was a child, forced into the life because he was recruited. He had been taking care of his father at the time, and promised to that he would be alive by the time the Apocalypse had ended. But he failed, and the Devil's workers took him away. He had a simple task and he failed. They had witnessed true destruction; hell on earth. You couldn't walk away from something like that. You couldn't imagine anything worse. And yet, here it was.

Bam Bam spoke first, his voice small, afraid of Jae Bum. "Well, we looked into it last night while you were out. So far, nothing. No one knows where she came from... But we're working on it, we promise," he added that last part quickly. 

JB sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Alright, but as soon as there's something, call us okay? Right now, Jackson, I need a shower." He stood up to go to the bathroom, but was stopped by Jackson.

"Uh-uh. You're not gonna get clean just to get messy again. Clean this place up, and then you can have a shower. At your own home."

The boys groaned while Jackson laughed. 

"Hey, it's Bam Bam's place too."

 


 

The forest just outside the house was dry and pale in the daylight. The girl listened as a noise was heard, a loud banging. The dog at her side tilted its head. She looked at the animal, and sighed. They had tracked the four men's scents to this place. Well, it seemed likely for a hunter to live in such a secluded place.

The girl patted the dog's head and they made their way forward toward the house.

 



 

Yayy! How was that? Was it okay?? I didn't want to take out the Supernatural thing altogether, so there may be a few references to them in the story... 
I know JB seems a little stern and Bam Bam not as sassy, but I am waiting for the opportunities... 

Thank you for reading!! Will update very very soon!

oo (as in xoxo)